NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

View Poll Results: Should we maintain a list of problematic buyers and sellers?
Yes, this list would further safeguard Net54 members when buying, selling or trading cards. 77 45.03%
No, this list is unnecessary, or redundant. 94 54.97%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-05-2013, 11:50 PM
Eric Perry

My point is this. You are defending a liar. 'Nuf said.

Best,

Eric

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 09-05-2013, 11:50 PM
Ja,mie B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
How about Ross Barnes?
One thing is for certain, I would much rather talk baseball with you than deal with this other nonsense... but I am on the east coast as well and my #1 preference is to go to sleep. So goodnight, y'all... sleep tight.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:52 PM
Ja,mie B.

Quote:
My point is this. You are defending a liar. 'Nuf said.

Best,

Eric
Didn't I myself write that he deserved to get kicked off the board? So how is that defending him?
Old 09-05-2013, 11:55 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyseymour View Post
Eric, you can have your dogmatic, black-and-white view of the world, but it is a simple one that doesn't hold ground under examination. You seem to think you know the truth about everything, and that is the biggest lie of your life.
My life is unaffected by lies, sir. Nor is it guided by dogma.

As for the black-and-white realities of life, they hold up under the strictest of scrutiny.

Best Regards,

Eric

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)

- Yogi Berra
Old 09-06-2013, 12:00 AM
Ja,mie B.

Sure, Eric, well, you called me a moron because I don't agree with your concept of truth, a.k.a., The World According to Eric. As far as the things you've written, I could easily find ten falsities of yours just in this thread alone.

"My life is unaffected by lies, sir." That's a really funny one.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:00 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Yes, but that is civil offense, not a criminal act, which you previously claimed Adrian committed. I'm still waiting for the evidence on that one.
By legal definition, you are right. Any remedy for his breach of contract would be sought in civil court. I was thinking more along the lines of disgraceful behavior though. I should have chosen my words more carefully.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:02 AM
Eric Perry

Quote:
One thing is for certain, I would much rather talk baseball with you than deal with this other nonsense... but I am on the east coast as well and my #1 preference is to go to sleep. So goodnight, y'all... sleep tight.
I concur...let's agree to disagree regarding Adrian...and discuss baseball over the weekend.

I look forward to conversing...and I am on the East Coast, too.

Best Regards,

Eric

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)

- Yogi Berra
Old 09-06-2013, 12:03 AM
Ja,mie B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
By legal definition, you are right. Any remedy for his breach of contract would be sought in civil court. I was thinking more along the lines of disgraceful behavior though. I should have chosen my words more carefully.
Even in civil court I don't think anyone could win because a) you'd have to prove damages, which is very difficult, other than the shipping charges and maybe some ebay fees, and b) with his mental illnesses it would be difficult to prove that he wasn't insane when he did it.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:04 AM
Ja,mie B.

Quote:
I concur...let's agree to disagree regarding Adrian...and discuss baseball over the weekend.

I look forward to conversing...and I am on the East Coast, too.

Best Regards,

Eric
Cheers, Eric, we can agree to disagree, I like that. And I would enjoy talking baseball with you, as well.

Best regards,

Jamie
Old 09-06-2013, 12:07 AM
Eric Perry

Quote:

The World According to Eric.

"My life is unaffected by lies, sir."
Actually, it's a fairly nice place to be. The BS is practically nonexistent, and the banter is quite productive.

I look forward to speaking with you this weekend.

Best,

Eric

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)

- Yogi Berra
Old 09-06-2013, 12:10 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Even in civil court I don't think anyone could win because a) you'd have to prove damages, which is very difficult, other than the shipping charges and maybe some ebay fees, and b) with his mental illnesses it would be difficult to prove that he wasn't insane when he did it.
I would agree with you, except that he openly acknowledged what he did was wrong, and then he did it again, and boasted about doing it. He said (paraphrasing) "why would this seller care if I didn't pay them this $500, because they know in two weeks I'm going to buy and pay for a $1,000 card".

And if Adrian were to plea insanity (now we're beyond my legal education. I cannot recall if insanity can be a defense in civil court. Maybe one of our attorneys can answer definitively), I do know that insanity would mean he could not enter into a legally binding contract, which would preclude him from buying on Ebay anymore.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 09-06-2013 at 12:10 AM.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:11 AM
Steven Finley

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
I am trying to protect you, myself, and the good and honest members of this forum that are tired of the crooked behavior that is running rampant throughout our hobby.
I would guess that I've made ~1000 transactions (buying and selling) in the past five years since I have returned to the hobby. That total includes this forum, eBay, auction houses, and multiple other card and coin forums. In that time I have had a grand total of 0 issues. Knock on wood. Sure I've had a couple of NPB's, but in the end I'm really out nothing but time. How have I accomplished this?

- I've been lucky.
- I use common sense.
- I study high dollar items before I make a purchase.
- I pay immediately.
- I ship securely within two business days of payment with tracking.
- I make sure the buyer is receiving exactly what he/she is expecting.
- I only pay gift to trusted members of the community.
- I am patient.
- I never "take a chance".
- I use common sense.

I do not believe this site needs a running blacklist because it is in all probability one of the safest collecting communities online. The vast majority of message board scammers are under 18, deal in shiny cards, or both and that pretty much leaves this little oasis on the fringe. I'm sure some will sneak through the cracks here, but as long as you protect yourself in unsure situations the most you should have to face is a hassle and not a loss. Not to mention the liability Leon would be putting himself up against. I have seen many names called out on this forum before and some of them have deep pockets, huge egos, and a retainer already paid in full. The responsibility should be on individual raising the issue, not the forum in which the issue is raised.

If eBay is the market the scares you then just check the CU forums daily. They offer up a half-dozen names for the BBL list everyday. It is like a sport over there.

If you are afraid that you are getting shilled follow this advice someone once gave me: "Never bid more than you are willing to pay." If I put a $500 bid in on an item and win it for $498 I don't look to see if I might have been shilled up. I look and see when/who I have to pay. Until eBay reverses there "hidden bidder" policy it will continue and even if high volume consignment brokers like Probstein took it upon themselves to police the thousands of auctions that they run someone who wants to shill their auction will find an alternate/friend's/new account to do so on.

I'm not trying to insinuate that this thread was a bad idea or that you are wrong for bringing up the issue, I just feel that being smart protects you in 99.9% of transactions and paypal protects you in the other .01%. (If you're the buyer. )
Old 09-06-2013, 03:37 AM
Mike

Quote:
Duly noted, sir.

Good luck with lying to get you through your days.

Best Regards,

Eric
"Does this dress make me look fat?"
Old 09-06-2013, 06:46 AM
pete ullman

Steve...youve changed my mind! I too have han many transactions virtually with nary a hiccup... And I practice similar virtues as you.

Caveat emptor...educate yourselves and proceed with caution.