NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Dan=iel Enri.ght

Default O/T feel sick inside - CT Elementary shooting

who kills 6 year olds, 7, 8 or 9?
who are we as a species that we make such monsters. that come from us.
my 10 and 8 year olds are just around the corner from me here in Lawrence Kansas, and I'm desperate to wrap them in my arms.
to say sorry for any harsh words I've laid on them.
to make them safe.

Last edited by Leon; 12-14-2012 at 01:00 PM. Reason: changed title
Old 12-14-2012, 12:57 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

I know. Have been watching the whole aftermath unfold today. One moment there are three injured -- two kids and a teacher shot in the foot. An hour later the report relates at least 26 dead and 14 of them are children. I'm about an hour drive from Newton, on Long Island (I'm sure there are many members closer). I took my kid out of school early today. I don't even know yet how to personally feel. Just shock.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

It's unfathomable. How sad.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:03 PM
Ja,mie B.

I agree, it does make me feel sad. How could someone even possibly imagine to do such a thing? People that innocent... it is unfathomable.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:10 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

pathetic coward, who could never pay the price he deserves
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Mike

I can not wrap my head around what the parents must have been going through on their way to pick their kids up, perhaps not knowing if their little one was one of the victims or not.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:51 PM
Chris Browne
Administrator

I have been working nonstop for two days straight on a client issue that's impacted their business significantly and moral was quite low...then word of this spread in the office and we all agree that we need to keep things in perspective and this is nothing compared to what those poor parents are going through.

Can't wait to get home and see mine. Be safe everyone.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:04 PM
Danny Gr|mes

i know this is a late reply but but am just getting home from work now and i had tears in my eyes the whole ride home from work listening to this on the radio. i am sick to my stomach and can only imagine when my daughter starts school in a year. i do not not need to go into detail but plz give your children an extra hug and kiss tonite...
Old 12-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Peter Spaeth

Nate, a very thoughful post, I wonder though about the video games, if you watch classic Westerns from those idyllic times you long for there is some pretty indiscriminate violence there too, and kids have been pointing toy guns and saying bang you're dead since who knows when. I don't know the answer, just a thought.

And even if it isn't a complete solution, I don't see what we gain as a society by making assault weapons available to the citizenry. Sure you don't need an assault weapon to kill, but it makes it a lot more efficient.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 12-14-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:23 PM
N.ate A.dams

Very true Peter, and, I always enjoy the civil manner in which you present your arguments - even if I do not necessarily agree. I really do not want to get into it deeply, but with regard to eliminating the availability of assault weapons to everyday citizens, though I completely understand your point, I don't focus on it as much for these situations. I also take the stance that those who intend to do evil will not be deterred by laws. I can already hear the sensible argument that, "eliminating the availability of said weapons will at the very least make it more difficult for the perpetrator to acquire the weapon, possibly giving law enforcement more time to uncover the plot." I think in this particular case, the assault weapon had nothing to do with what this coward did. Let's say he didn't own one. He would just bring 3 hand guns with more clips into the classroom of utterly defenseless children. The issue was how easily he got onto the campus, into the office, and then into the classroom. My guess is that he went to the office to inflict damage, but to also get the principal's keys. At that point, no lockdown measures matter unless the students leave the premises.

What I fear for the most is not of these evil American citizens, it is for when insurgents begin to take the place of them, and with more frequency - not using guns, but bombs.