NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-29-2008, 10:10 PM
Administrator

Default New Free eBay Sniping App - Blazing Bid

Posted By: Trae R.

After a year of hard work we've opened the doors to http://www.blazingbid.com please stop by and let us know what you think.

Thanks!

---
"There ain't much to being a ballplayer, if you're a ballplayer."
-Honus Wagner

Old 04-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jantz

I work a second shift job nine months of the year, so I may be using your services in the future. I checked out the link that you have provided and all looks good. I also thought the FAQ section was very helpful and informative. Thanks for all the hard work you did. I'm sure it wasn't easy.

Jantz

Old 04-29-2008, 11:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: George H. Counter

Hi Trae, nice tool but not sure if I would be willing to give another collector the advantage to know what items I'm going after and the exact amount I'm willing to bid.

I'm sure you and your partners have the ability to see all that information as soon as anyone places the snipe bid on your site.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:41 PM
Administrator

Jantz, thank you kindly.

George, I can certainly appreciate the cynical view. However, please let me assure you that my partner and I have no intention of monitoring what anyone is sniping. The site may automatically generate some dynamic eBay marketing material pertaining to your interests, but that's as far as that aspect goes. We respect everyones privacy one in the same. We haven't spent countless hours and dollars to find out what our counterparts are bidding on. Thank you for the feedback.

---
-Honus Wagner

Old 04-30-2008, 06:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I use gavelsnipe. Why would yours be better? I am asking this in a totally friendly, business sort of way. It looks like you have done a very good job with it....best regards and good luck.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Hi Leon, I haven't personally used GavelSnipe, but I am sure it's adequate, and a quality product. After all, sniping is a pretty basic thing when broken down to it's true form.

One of our goals was to get you from login to the final step of entering your snipe(s) in as few clicks as possible, and I am confident we have narrowed that down to an easy-to-use two-click process. You can enter your first snipe's item# right into the login form and begin the process that way, tab to enter the lead time, tab to enter the price, and select the "Place Snipe(s)" button and you're done.

You may enter up to 10 snipes at once. To top it off the entire sniping input occurs via a technology called AJAX to eliminate any page refreshes during the process. When you enter an item number it "automagically" determines the data for that item.

The snipes history list is also neat, as any items within 5 minutes of ending can be monitored in real-time on the page with a countdown ticking timer synced with eBay time, and when the item ends the page will update to let you know if you have won or lost.

We'll have up a full tour video very soon to outline the features currently available in our beta, for now here's a preview of the snipe entry and history page with actual items, but only for illustration purposes, I have removed the items from my list pending this screen shot.

Hopefully I have encouraged you to give it a try for yourself. If you do, please let me know what you think. I would appreciate your feedback for sure. I can continue to outline some of what I consider to be our strengths if you like. Lastly, we'll listen to any feature suggestions that are within reason, and accommodate as soon as possible! Thanks for your time.

(So, per the above description, the Campbell card shown has a timer that's actually counting down in the list, in real time)

---
-Honus Wagner

Old 04-30-2008, 11:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike Mccullough

I use Auction blitz and have a button on my browsers toolbar. When Im at my ebay page of interest I click the snipe tool button.. It opens up a small window with the action # etc... All I do is put in my max bid.. Im already preset to snipe at my default setting.. (4 seconds)
Here is the code I had to copy in to the links browser..
javascript:void(win=window.open('https://auctionblitz.auctionstealer.com/secure/login.cfm?quick=yes&stv=2.0&aurl='+location.href,'AuctionStealer','width=500,h eight=380,resizable=1,scrollbars=1,menubar=no,stat us=no'))

I pay once a year and it has never let me down... If there is a comparable product that is comparatively priced my ears are wide open..

Old 04-30-2008, 11:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Sean C

I use JBidWatcher, a program you install on your PC. As long as you have an always on PC and internet connection (cable modem, etc.), you're all set.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

Sean - if I used something like that, I'm certain my internet would drop connection right before the auction ends. I much prefer the off-site solutions so I don't have to worry about that. However, the plus side of hosting it yourself is that you aren't giving out your ebay login information.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Mike, we'll be adding this feature soon then. Many thanks for pointing it out, I think it's great!

Sean, we actually spoke with Morgan, the creator of JBidwatcher, during development of Blazing Bid. He gave us some great advice based on his experience.

Thank you all for your comments.

---
-Honus Wagner

Old 05-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: DaveW

Trae,
It looks good, it obviously took a lot of work to set up. So how do you
make money from it? It's free for the user. Do you get ad revenue or some
subsidy from EBay (ha-ha)? Or did you create it just for fun?
- Dave

Old 05-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Administrator

Hi Dave, we're working hard on a business plan now. Not the best approach, I know. I do think we have some good (and unique) ideas though, we'll see how it goes.

I appreciate the compliments!

---
-Honus Wagner

Old 05-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

Trae - it's not a bad approach; it worked pretty well for Google.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jon Canfield

Trae - I use gavelsnipe but I'll give it a try. Just signed up and entered a snipe for an auction ending tomorrow...

Old 05-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Administrator

Jon, Matt, thanks!

---
-Honus Wagner

Old 05-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott L

Trae
I've never used a snipe service but I signed up and placed a few. I'm sure I'll find myself using it often.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Best,

Scott

Old 05-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Administrator

That's very cool, Scott, thank you!

---
-Honus Wagner

Old 05-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tim

Has anyone used this site with success?

I tried a snipe and it didn't go through. I'm not trying to say anything negative about the site as it could have easily been something I did wrong. This was my first attempt at using a snipe of any kind and it didn't go very well.

Just wondering if it worked for anyone else.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott L

Hi Tim
It worked for me tonight with no problems.

Best,

Scott

Old 05-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Administrator

Hi Tim, I've responded to your message, it appears the auction only allowed bidders with PayPal accounts tied to their eBay accounts. Our software has been updated to catch this issue in the future and handle it more appropriately, notifying you of the problem. I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced.

Scott, many thanks for your reply.

Mike, as promised the bookmarklet feature has been implemented. Please check the "Settings" tab once logged in and you will see it at the bottom. Enjoy!

Many more features to come soon, we'll also be putting small video snippets together to outline all of the existing features available.

---
-Honus Wagner

Old 05-05-2008, 08:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jon Canfield

Worked for me too. Although I did not win the auction I was sniping, my snipe went through as planned.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:59 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave Haas

Great, so now there are another 100 people sniping the auctions I'm bidding on. I was hoping they wouldn't learn of sniping.

(insert smiley)

Old 05-05-2008, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim VB

Trae, Tim,

That problem with Paypal and Ebay accounts not being "linked" happened to me last month. It's not related to the snipe service you use. You would have been blocked from bidding in his auction even if you had tried it directly.

I had never heard of it before, but it's set by the seller. Many sellers often require a Paypal account. A few accidentally require the accounts to be linked. It's a 5 minute process to link them.

In my case the seller didn't even know that he had set himself up this way. My snipe was higher than the winning bid, so even if I didn't win, it cost him money. He was more ticked than I was.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Red

Heritage - ha.com has a real convenient way of entering multiple bids at one time. You view a list of items similar to what you'd see on Ebay. Included in the list is a field to enter a bid. You enter bids for all the items you want to bid on on the page and hit a button to submit a batch of bids.

I'm sure there's a way for one of the Sniper Services to merge their service into a search program. It would search ebay for items matching your description and return a list that merges their snipe program into the list. Instead of having to open up each item you just go down the list and enter your snipes and click one button for everything.

This would of course be dangerous and not advisable to do if you don't trust the seller, title, or tiny picture. But if a guy you know lists 100 VG T206 cards individually and you know they're all okay and want to bid $20 on each of them, then it would save a trmendous amount of time not having to open each item, let it load, enter your snipe, and then go back to the list.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Snipe in place for tonight - Thanks for the service Trae!

Old 05-05-2008, 10:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tim

Trae -
Thank you for the response and pointing out what happened. As I predicted in my original post, it was an error on my part and not the site.

Since that post I have sniped several other auctions and won my first one last night. The site worked flawlessly with every attempt I have made since the first one.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave Haas

Can you get it to snipe Heritage's auctions like Gavelsnipe can?

Old 05-05-2008, 11:43 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason

I had that paypal linked to my ebay requirement a couple of days ago and it happened on a manual bid. It was just a matter of a couple of clicks to link them.

I signed up for this snipe. I've always just done manual bids but I figured I'd test it out on a card I'm okay with missing out on if the snipe doesn't go through. (Not that I think it won't)

Thanks for the heads up on this product.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Marty Ogelvie

Great work as usual Trae...

martyOgelvie
nyyankeecards.com
Old 05-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill Kasel

Looks good Trae! Just signed up and will put some snipes in. Thanks for the hard work! I'll let you know how it goes for me as I know any feedback is good feedback when you're just starting out.

Bill Kasel

Old 05-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Jon, much appreciated on the confirmation!

Dave, at your initial comment:
Regarding sniping additional sites, we have no plans at this time to add sniping support for any sites aside from eBay.

Jim, much appreciated, I am going to check my account after posting this message!

Dan, you're very welcome, thank you for trying it out!

Tim, thanks very much, nice to hear all is well.

Jason, thanks for giving us a shot. The concept is pretty simple, but if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Marty, that comment means a lot, thank you!

Bill, you're most welcome, I will definitely look forward to your feedback, thank you!

We'll be working on a blocked bidder's list, multiple eBay account support, bulk snipes importing and more over the next few weeks.

---
-Honus Wagner

Old 05-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Administrator

I didn't win my auction, but the snipe was set and worked so I'll be switching from auctionsniper.com to your service.

Thanks again Trae!

Old 05-06-2008, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Last night all my snipes worked fine and I was 2 for 4.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: quan

trae once my $5 justsnipe subscription is up i will try yours out...couldn't hurt.

is there a written guarantee on your site anywhere that if a snipe doesn't go through on a particular card you will buy me a similar one?

Old 05-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Dan, awesome, thanks!

Jason, that's great, thanks!

Quan, thanks, we'll look forward to your feedback. Regarding the guarantee question, I think you forgot your smiley icon.

---
-Honus Wagner

Old 05-14-2008, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: MikePugeda

Trae,

I registered to try your site. I have placed a few bids, but my snipes aren't being executed. Any ideas on what might be wrong. Please e-mail me.

Mike

Old 05-14-2008, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Hi Mike, that's odd, I am going to take a look today and see what I can figure out regarding those snipes you placed. I will contact you privately via email this evening. Thank you for trying out the service, I'm sorry you've experienced issues.

---
-Honus Wagner

Old 05-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: AndyH

Trae,

I just wanted to say that I have placed several bids using your system and it worked just fine. I won my first item yesterday. All the other items that I lost were because my snipe was too low, not because of any error.

I'll be using this service from now on.

Thanks,

Andy

Old 05-14-2008, 12:52 PM
Administrator

I've used this app for about 60 or so auctions and it worked for every single one. I've been quite pleased with the performance and will continue to use it.

Cheers,
Jason

Old 05-14-2008, 04:14 PM
Administrator

Trae, got a question about bidding on a UK auction - I entered what I thought was USD like it said and then when it set the snipe it shows my bid in pounds, but it's the same amount I entered as US dollars. I set it for $82, but it is showing as 82 pounds which naturally I do not want to set that high of a snipe.... I'm wondering if it's going to bid in dollars or pounds when it sets the snipe?

Old 05-14-2008, 04:41 PM
Administrator

You might check the exchange rate. I think it might be very close to 1 to 1 right now....I think I was surprised recently.....not positive but you might check...regards

Old 05-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anthony S.

Actually, I think it's pretty close to 2 to 1 right now.

Old 05-14-2008, 05:06 PM
Administrator

Here is a paypal transaction payment I made a few days ago.....

$8.99 CAD $0.00 CAD $8.99 CAD $8.99 CAD
May 5, 2008 Currency Conversion (debit) From U.S. Dollar To Canadian Dollar Completed Details -$9.12 USD

Old 05-14-2008, 05:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anthony S.

but wasn't Dan talking about British pounds, not Canadian dollars?

Old 05-14-2008, 05:47 PM
Administrator

Yep, British pounds. I don't know how to make the little symbol with my computer or I would have. I want to bid $82 not 82 pounds which is somewhere around $150. I am unclear as to whether it is going to set my snipe bid in pounds or dollars.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: William Cohon

This looks fantastic! So I signed up. But I just want to make sure -- it will work with my Mac, right?

Thanks,

Bill

Old 05-14-2008, 10:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob L

Awesome Trae. I just took Auctionsniper off my favorites and replaced it with Blazingbids.

thanks,

Rob L

http://www.freewebs.com/loefflerrd/

Old 05-14-2008, 10:25 PM
Administrator

Dan, please email me the item ID please and I will get right back to you.
contact@blazingbid.com

Bill, thanks very much! Yes, it will work with your Mac.

---
-Honus Wagner

Old 05-14-2008, 10:26 PM
Administrator

Whoops, just saw your reply as well Rob, many thanks!

---
-Honus Wagner

Old 05-14-2008, 11:58 PM
Administrator

Regarding the currency issue above we have now implemented a dynamic display of the correct currency to be entered based on the item you're sniping. Hopefully this will derail any confusion in the future. Thanks for the help, Dan!

---
-Honus Wagner