NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Jerry Tate

Default weak dollar

I won 27 of the D303s-GB+ Mother's Baking, T214 Kelley, the Martens back D304s, and the Scissors Cig Jack Johnson. Thank God for the weak dollar. Incredible auction btw.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default Lots of fun

B& L auctions was a blast.

This time I both consigned and bid, so while I was hoping for record prices on some lots(mine) I was hoping on bargain prices too (my bids)!

Since you can't have it both ways, I was extremely pleased with the way it turned out...what a hoot, and I already can't wait for the next one!

I'm also looking forward to some BST action where some of the larger lots are split up and some singles might become available.

Thanks Scott and Leon for a most enjoyable evening...dozing off in front of the PC monitor never seemed like so much fun before!

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:03 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default please email me...or PM me

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchernut View Post
So, what happens to the items that didn't sell? Can we make offers to the consign-er? Or is that another one of those "not done" things, I have done it with ebay, worked a couple of times
Please email me or PM me and I will ask the consignor(s) about any lots you have an interest in. It is our policy ALWAYS to try to help. Please note that there will still be a buyers premium. The one time we waived it we got blasted for it. We learned not to try to do too many favors, in that respect. Actually, some folks had said that they were the only bidder, won the item plus BP, but since we offered them without BP after the auction (items with no bids), then they shouldn't have bid and were upset. Live and learn.

We had a record number of bidders and it was nice to see a ton of new players in the auction. I think there were some record high prices (E97 Hemphill, Lenox Brown Lajoie....holy cow), some good prices and a few that didn't get to where we hoped. We will continue the same bidding format in the future. We had a lot of bidders that either waited, or missed out on their main lots, and jumped back in on others after extended biddign started. One bidder still never understood that everyone could bid on anything the whole time. We feel we sent enough messages and our rules were plain enough, and were very available to answer questions, that we did all we could to help. Once again, thanks to all bidders and consignors. It was a lot of fun for us and sounds like it was fun for a lot of folks on the board too. best regards
Old 10-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Ⓑⓘⓛⓛ Ⓒⓞⓡⓝⓔⓛⓛ

I consigned 12 lots and was very pleased with the results.

I was wondering why my C46 Taylor did so well. Turns out it was The TBob Bidder Magnet Effect... thanks, Bob!

Bill
Old 10-10-2010, 07:50 PM
David Ros.enberg

Last edited by DJR; 07-31-2016 at 08:28 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:15 PM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Was top bid on just 1 lot...the 32 OJ's. It Intrigued me.

Tom C
Old 10-10-2010, 10:40 PM

Default Brockelman & Luckey Auction

I was a consignor and a bidder. Sold much more $ than spent and I am happy with the results (very happy). Leon was great to work with and I will be a consignor again. Thanks for a great auction. Mike Ellis
Old 10-11-2010, 10:15 AM
Matt Hall

I was very happy to snag the Obak Beall for the opening bid. This will be the start of a very slow forming Los Angeles team set.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Gr.eg Per.ry

It was a great auction and although I didn't win anything I think this auction will be one of my favorites, with the low bidder's premium and quality material.

Leon, when do you plan on having your next auction?
Old 10-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Gr.eg Per.ry

In an odd observation that doesn't mean anything, I've never seen so much material in an auction that had been rebacked. I don't mean to disparage the auction house, which properly disclosed the defects and in fact should be commended.

I frequently buy "poor" graded material, but would never buy anything rebacked. Its too bad there are hucksters out there trying to pass this stuff off.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Keith

I won my first B&L lot in this auction - the E93 Mowrey (PSA 2); very happy to have snagged it. I was very impressed with the quality and breadth of items offered in the auction. Congrats, Leon.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:08 AM

I got two lots in the auction. A lot of 10 30's R cards which included a Mickey Mouse & Movie Stars cards (The first one I have obtained) plus a group of 5 N2 Indian Chiefs all graded PSA5.

A great auction, looking forward to the next one. Keep those NonSport cards coming.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Tom Boblitt

Consigned 2, won 2..............very pleased on both ends. Should have bid a little higher on a couple lots but then Jerry would have had to paid more! As it is, I cost him at least a couple bids and he still got it reasonable....
Old 10-11-2010, 11:39 AM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

M's Fan-Rebacking is not necessarily a bad thing, and not necessarily done to deceive. In the case of Old Judge cards, many cards were skinned (the back removed) before glueing them into scrapbooks. The photo portion of the card is very fragile so when these cards were decades later removed from scrapbooks they were rebacked for preservation purposes. Without this rebacking the photos would easily have been destroyed. This is not to say that all Old Judge rebacking fits this description, but a decent portion of it does.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:01 PM
Scott Levy

Congrats on a fine auction Leon and Scott.

I was blown away by the pricing on that brown lenox too. I thought I had at least a shot of winning that lot .... but wasn't even close!

Very fine items throughout and it appears to be professionally handled too.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Michael S

Nice Auction guys. I look forward to the next offering.