NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-02-2017, 12:05 AM
Geno W@gn&r

Default Photobucket

Maybe I'm way behind on this, so sorry if that's the case. I was going to put a scan of a card to trade on the BST, using Photobucket, like I always do. Instead, I get a message that says if I want to post it to a 3rd party site, like N54, I have to pay a $400 annual subscription. Wow!! Is that right, or did I mash a wrong mouse click somewhere...
Old 08-02-2017, 12:25 AM
Max Jackson

You didn't do anything wrong, photobucket made some changes. You will need to switch to a different photo hosting site.

My favorites are imgur or flickr

Always looking for oddball Larry Doyle items.

Collecting New York Nationals in most Pre War sets. Especially t206 Non-Piedmont and non-sweet caporal backs.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:03 AM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Geno, check out this thread from just a little while back…
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=242079

I ended up going with flickr and it works great.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:49 AM
Lonnie Nagel

Also switched to Flickr after looking at most everything else available...

Flickr seems to work fine...Photobucket pretty much out of their minds right now....
Old 08-02-2017, 08:22 AM

I switched to Flickr too. I found it kinda tricky to figure out how to post photos from there but have no problem now that I've figured it out.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:25 AM
Emlily Ell.is

I've switched to Imgur. I like it just fine.

That being said, I've got tons of photos (probably 300 or so) on PB that I need to go get. Stuff from vacations, family pics, etc. Hopefully they don't charge for that.

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:27 AM
Robert J. Miller

I don't know why or how, but I can still post pictures here from photobucket. I just did it on the testing section. However, photobucket stinks with all of the advertising and how slow the site is. I changed to imgur but still have photos accessible through photobucket.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:17 AM
J3ff Thr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I switched to Flickr too. I found it kinda tricky to figure out how to post photos from there but have no problem now that I've figured it out.
Can anyone tell me how to get the direct links from Flickr using a mobile device (app or mobile website). I can't seem to figure it out.

Using the full desktop site was very easy to image URL's for different sizes. Really liked that. I just can't replicate that using my phone.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:00 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by HercDriver View Post
Maybe I'm way behind on this, so sorry if that's the case. I was going to put a scan of a card to trade on the BST, using Photobucket, like I always do. Instead, I get a message that says if I want to post it to a 3rd party site, like N54, I have to pay a $400 annual subscription. Wow!! Is that right, or did I mash a wrong mouse click somewhere...

Hi Geno

Hey ole buddy, I switched over to Imageevent some time ago....and, this site is great. Easy to transfer scans from Photobucket, it's fast, and has other good features.
And, no annoying advertisements popping up.

I forget what it' cost schedule is. But, I have the unlimited # of scans feature which costs me $60/year.

TED Z
Old 02-02-2018, 08:31 AM
Graig Kreindler

Did anyone get an email from Photobucket the other day, offering an annual rate of $99.99 for a plan that will provide 3rd party hosting for non-commercial use on forums, blogs, and personal websites? The deal expires in a few days (of course it does), but I was wondering if anyone was going to jump on it.

I'm tempted, mainly because I have so much stuff on Photobucket, and it's rendered my 'On the Easel' thread pretty useless since they changed their policies. This would save me the time of putting everything back up there on imgur or whatever site I decide to use. Of course the downside is now I have to pay $100 a month.

I guess $99.99 is better than $399.99...but still...
Old 02-02-2018, 08:54 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKreindler View Post
Did anyone get an email from Photobucket the other day, offering an annual rate of $99.99 for a plan that will provide 3rd party hosting for non-commercial use on forums, blogs, and personal websites? The deal expires in a few days (of course it does), but I was wondering if anyone was going to jump on it.

I'm tempted, mainly because I have so much stuff on Photobucket, and it's rendered my 'On the Easel' thread pretty useless since they changed their policies. This would save me the time of putting everything back up there on imgur or whatever site I decide to use. Of course the downside is now I have to pay $100 a month.

I guess $99.99 is better than $399.99...but still...
Graig, I guess it comes down to a shi$ to equity ratio. You might consider a one time change to your own site. One can be had for, at most, about $13 a month. Then you never have to worry about any picture hosting companies crap again. Yes, it would be some initial heavy lifting to port everything over, but you would only do it once and, very rarely or never, worry about it again. I use a Yahoo spinoff for my personal site hosting...they are great and I think I pay $13.xx a month. ...That said, if it is $99 per year and they never go up, great. But my guess is that might be a 1 time "hook" price. I have had my Yahoo website for around 13 yrs and it has been the same price for at least the last 10+ yrs.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:05 AM
Graig Kreindler

You’re probably right, Leon. The sh!t to equity ratio is the main issue. I definitely have enough bandwidth on my own site to support images in the same way Photobucket does, but yeah, it would just take forever to set up and get going. Which now that there are two kids running around here, time is at a serious premium. It might be worth it just to pay the one time fee for the year and make it my mission to get it going on/from my website before I have to renew. Ugh, damn you, Photobucket.
Old 02-05-2018, 03:45 PM
5t3v3...D4.w50n

I switched to imgur a few weeks ago, and it seems to work well.

Steve

Current Wantlist:
1909 Obak Howard (Los Angeles) (no frame on back)
1910 E90-2 Gibson, Hyatt, Maddox
Old 02-06-2018, 08:06 AM
Chris Counts

I agree with Ted that Imageevent is great. I can't understand why anybody would be on Photobucket. I just checked out a couple collector's sites, and Photobucket is truly awful looking, with all sorts of annoying ads. Here's a link to my site for a comparison ...

http://imageevent.com/ccmcnutt

Last edited by Chris Counts; 02-06-2018 at 08:07 AM.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:05 AM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Pardon my ignorance on the subject but why would you not just put the photos in a folder on your computer? Why would you use a third party site in the first place? If the photo is in a folder on your computer it is easier to make adjustments using adobe or photoexpress or similar programs. It is also easier to put watermarks on the images. This is what I do and it works fine. I don't feel the need to share with the world other than when I add to my website or post items here. I would appreciate hearing some perspective.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 02-06-2018, 01:36 PM
Chris Counts

A website costs far more than an annual membership ($25) with Imageevent, and it takes considerably more time to add photos, much less deal with the quirks of operating a website, which I've previously done. With Imageevent, I can upload a photo, send a link to someone, and a minute later, they can see it, along with my entire collection. Plus, unlike Photobucket, the layout is uncluttered and attractive. I really enjoy my Imageevent site, and I never even question whether it's worth the annual fee. As far as I'm concerned, it's a bargain ...
Old 02-08-2018, 08:24 AM
Fra.nk Rein.stein

I upgraded to the $99 package and have to say I have no complaints. Site runs much smoother without all those annoying ads and like that I didn't have to move everything.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:14 PM
Ken Wirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
Pardon my ignorance on the subject but why would you not just put the photos in a folder on your computer? Why would you use a third party site in the first place? If the photo is in a folder on your computer it is easier to make adjustments using adobe or photoexpress or similar programs. It is also easier to put watermarks on the images. This is what I do and it works fine. I don't feel the need to share with the world other than when I add to my website or post items here. I would appreciate hearing some perspective.
It's a legitimate question. I do both. I load images from my laptop, whenever I display here, or on Facebook, etc. But for me, it's nice to be able to look at or show someone a card on my phone, using the third party's phone app. Also, there's a little peace of mind, knowing that if my laptop hard drive ever crashes, my images still exist somewhere. Wouldn't need to re-scan them.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:54 PM
Chris Counts

tazdmb, I clicked on the link to your site and I was bombarded by ads. I literally get a pop-up everytime I click on something. Perhaps you don't see the ads on your site because you've paid the upgrade fee, but apparently others do when they visit ...