NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-25-2007, 08:58 PM
Administrator

Default auction house mumbo jumbo......

Posted By: 1880nonsports

NOPE. NOT THIS TIME. THEY TELL IT LIKE IT IS.

I just went to bid on something that will come up some time in the future As a result of my participation on this board I am much more of a savy consumer when it comes to auctions and auction houses. So I read the terms and conditions of the house. Pretty unreal. I only posted a few BELIEVE IT OR NOT sections...

A Consignor that bids on their own lots in the Auction Sale may pay a different fee than the buyer's premium charged to all other buyers. "X" reserves the right to include in any auction sale its own material as well as material from affiliated or related companies, principals, officers or employees. "X" may have direct or indirect interests in any of the lots in the auction and may collect commissions. THE TWO PRECEEDING SENTENCES SHALL BE DEEMED A PART OF THE DESCRIPTION OF ALL LOTS CONTAINED IN THE CATALOGUE.

NOW THIS ONE"S GREAT

Pursuant to a separate agreement with "X", "X" may bid for its own account at any auction."X" may have information about any lot that is not known publicly, and "X" reserves the right to use such information, in any manner determined solely by "X" and for the benefit of "X" without disclosing such information in the catalog, catalog description or at the auction.

WOW

Bidder acknowledges and agrees that "X" may not be required to pay a Buyer's Commission, or other charges that other Bidders may be required to pay and may have access to information concerning the lot(s) that is not otherwise available to the public. Any claimed conflict of interest or claimed competitive advantage resulting there from is expressly waived by all participants in the Auction Sale. Lot(s) may carry a Reserve. A Reserve is a confidential price or bid below which the Auctioneer will not sell an item or will re-purchase on behalf of the Consignor of for "X".

THIS IS MY FAVORITE PART. You may have to read it twice but don't pass it by!!!

"X" reserves the right to withdraw any lot at any time, even after the hammer has fallen, until the Bidder has taken physical possession of the lot. No Bidder shall have a right to claim any consequent damages if the lot is withdrawn, even after the Auction Sale.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

why didn't you share the name of the auction house?

Old 10-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Harry Wallace (HW)

So, what auction house is "X"?

Old 10-25-2007, 09:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve Murray

What auction house is this??? You can't just drop this bomb and walk away.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Alan

"Sometimes you just gotta say, what the ______"

Old 10-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Al Simeone

Since what you are reading must be public knowledge from the front of a catalogue somewhere I would love also to know what auction house or houses you do refer to I brought this same example up on a post about non ebay auction strategy where the dangers of empolyees with knowledge of the bids could be very dangerous to your wallet. Would like to know where you found that .

Old 10-25-2007, 09:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

Old 10-25-2007, 09:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

It's obviously not a very Superior auction house

Old 10-25-2007, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Al Simeone

Ah yes Knight auctions! I should have guessed! Since I have most of the catalogues from the major houses sitting here in a pile in front of me I had never read that in one of them before. And yes that great 22.5% bend over and grab your ankles premium! What a real nice way to tell your customers thanks for doing business with us!!

Old 10-25-2007, 09:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Richard L.

These auction rules are the biggest bunch of BS I've ever seen. Why would anyone participate? Some of the rules would seem to be illegal, no??

Old 10-25-2007, 10:06 PM
Administrator

I knew it wouldn't be hard to figure out but didn't want to point directly to it as I have interest in a lot and "outing" of things touchy here as well even when not self-serving. STILL I AM AMAZED............

Old 10-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

I watched that auction today at work and unfortunately got busy when the lot I wanted to bid on went off...it was a CASE postcard with Joe Tinker..anyone have a good idea what the value is on that postcard? Did this one go cheap?

http://tinyurl.com/2wy97m

Old 10-25-2007, 10:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: scgaynor

Dan, that price is about right.

Scott

Old 10-25-2007, 11:03 PM
Administrator

I know about non-sports. I knew him when he had feedback under his current 200,000,000..... Hi Scott - hope all is well.