NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-03-2016, 11:22 AM
J.O.N

Default What's your default?

Those times you just want to hang out with you cards or other memorabilia what is your default? For me right now it's these guys. Loving the hobby today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My PM box might be full.

Email:
jcfowler6@zoominternet.net

Want list:
Prewar Pirates items
1909 Pirates
BF2 Wagner
Cracker Jack Wagner and Clarke

Love the hobby.
Old 11-03-2016, 01:00 PM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

So funny, I do the same thing. Right now my rotation currently is modern cards. It's usually what I most recently pick up.
Old 11-03-2016, 01:33 PM

Most recently it's been a stack of modern hockey and basketball rookies. A bunch of newer hockey Young Guns (McDavid, Larkin, Eichel, Ovi, Tarasenko) and a small handful of LeBron rookies. I purchased a small handful of his Topps Chrome rookies and had one come back a PSA 10, I love pulling that out and admiring the perfect centering!

I have a Darth Vader piece that I play with as well. A giant Pez Dispenser that makes the Vader breathing noise for waaayy too long. Every time I nod the thing my wife gives me the eye. It's worth it.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:19 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

1967 topps I just love that set. The fronts are clean and the backs are green!!!!! I just remember my dad taking me to sal's stationary in stamford ct after church every week to buy a pack. I was 5 years old. I couldn't wait
Old 11-04-2016, 10:31 AM
Jay Cee

That 1936 National Chicle card has always been one of my favorites!
Old 11-04-2016, 11:28 AM

Honestly, I've been enjoying going back through my book I wrote on post-war / regional food "free prizes" from 1947 - 1971, NEVER CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN. With a wealth of great stories told to me through the years, my own escapades from my boyhood and into the years when I was a raving Mantle Maniac, it's a joyful trip down memory lane, telling it as it was of the years I collected those trinkets I was obsessed with, and then later when they became a major desire of many other collectors besides myself. Former SCD editor Tom Bartsch called my book, "a hobby celebration". Rich Klein kindly conveyed to me over Net54 that Dr. James Beckett really enjoyed it. That meant a lot to me.

Jon, I really liked the pictures you sent us from your phone. Very captivating. In a way, that's what I tried to do for the display photo I presented with each chapter. And yes, I love just looking at the photos in my book, and all the memories they evoke: The stained glass window-like display with an entire set of 1955 Rodeo Meats Kansas City A's, a giant tin that Dan-Dee Potato Chips came in, The Maltese Falcon of Baseball Cards---the 1953 Stahl-Meyer Franks Mickey Mantle in PSA-graded MINT condition, original ads from 1962 Salada Coins and the 1959 Bell Brand Los Angeles Rams.

"A Happy Place" is a catch phrase for a soothing place to go or something very appealing to you that calms you and fires you up at the same time. That's what NEVER CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN is to me.

I hope some of you decide to buy a copy to give to your spouse to give to you for Christmas or Hanukkah. Being a book on a CD, you would enjoy it on your computer screen, just as you enjoy reading the threads on Net54baseball.com!

By the way, Jon, in noticing your beautiful photos of your Bucs, I was reminded of my first customer who purchased my book. He too is a member of Net54baseball and collects Pirate cards. He told me my book had helped him in two differents sets involving Pittsburgh players. I was so pleased he found some help from my book. As I've written to some others, I wrote NEVER CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN to enlighten, entertain, and inspire other collectors about these great items.

If you feel it is wrong that I plug my own book while responding to a thread, let me just say the OP asked a question, and I answered it. I know it will be a default for some of you as well. ---Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 12-24-2017 at 05:35 PM.