NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Administrator

Default e98 walsh?

Posted By: Anonymous

i have a e98 walsh and i have been told that it might be one of or they rarest card in the set. it has the green back ground. if anyone has any info on this card let me know. thanks Jason

Old 12-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Administrator

Default e98 walsh?

Posted By: Adam

Could you post a scan Jason? Would be neat to see your card!

Old 12-04-2008, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Default e98 walsh?

Posted By: jason

i don't know how to pos scans i'm not computer savey but can send you scans

Old 12-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Administrator

Default e98 walsh?

Posted By: Tim Kindler

Jason,
The Walsh is one of the toughest, if not the toughest Hall of Famer to come by. It has a population of 25 in SGCs Pop report. Of Hall of Famers, Jennings is actually the lowest at 20, but the Walsh is just rarely seen for sale. As for non HOFs, the Vaughn is lowest and one of the toughest at a pop report of 17. As for your Walsh being tough because of the background color, that I don't know. It is generally accepted that red backs are the rarest and toughest to get, but I have seen 2 red Walshs come up for sale in the past 6 months or so, and I own a red and a blue back. I've only ever seen 1 green back and that is the gentleman, pardon me for not knowing his name, who owns that INCREDIBLE high grade green back set on the SGC registry. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen an orange back before. Anyway, nice card and we would love to see a scan. If you ever decide to get rid of it...............

Happy collecting.
Tim Kindler

Old 12-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Default e98 walsh?

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

If you email me the scan, I'll post it for you.

With kind regards,

Frank W.
fwakefield1@comcast.net

Old 12-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Administrator

Default e98 walsh?

Posted By: Bob

Tim- The guy with the awesome green set of E98s is Scott Mosley. I have an orange and red Walsh and would be interested in a green one if the poster wants to sell it.
tbob

Old 12-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Default e98 walsh?

Tbob,
Like I said, I have never seen an orange Walsh, except on OC's Set gallery. It is good to know that they are out there. Scott's green set is just incredible for an E set! Words cannot describe it.

Good luck Jason with whatever you decide to do with it.

Tim Kindler

P.S. Jason forgive me if this might be highjacking this thread, but what is it with the 50 or so E98s on Ebay where they are ALL redicuosly (SP?) and outragously priced!

Old 12-04-2008, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Default e98 walsh?

Posted By: Bob

Tim- I think that things are different with caramel cards these days. A few years ago prices were fairly reasonable and cards were being flipped (bought and then sold 6 months to a year later). I know I bought a bunch and then flipped them a year later for a tidy profit Now, however, it seems like every E94 and E98 which is purchased is going directly in to collections. I see very few E94s flipped and E98s are following suit. Another thing was that lower grade E94s and E98s were available because collectors were upgrading their collections with better cards but now even the lower grade ones are getting expensive because of their scarcity and the growing interest in caramel cards, once considered the step-children of the vintage card world.
tbob

Old 12-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Administrator

Default e98 walsh?

Tbob,
I totally agree with your views. I certainly mean no disrespect to those who own all of the E98s on ebay. They are just protecting their investments that they made while the market was hot. It is just frustrating for those like me who would like to purchase some, but I'm certainly not going to pay the pre-economics of today prices that they are listed at. I guess when they really want to sell them, they will come down, but until then they are just protecting what they have them. I guess and they are hoping prices will rebound to the previous levels. Building my master E98 set, even 1s , 2s, and 3s, is not going to be as easy as it was when I first started 4 years ago. But what fun would it be if it wasn't challenging!

Best regards,
Tim Kindler

Old 12-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Administrator

Default e98 walsh?

Posted By: robert a

Lower grade e98 cards are cheaper then they've been in many years right now. Buy, buy, buy! wink.gif Just kidding, let Tim have them.

This is the time to go for the master set.

I miss mine.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:59 PM
Administrator

Default e98 walsh?

Posted By: Ken Wirt

Ah hell, I'm gonna post 'em

[linked image]
[linked image]

Love E98's!