NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-13-2013, 08:24 AM
Jay Shelton

Default T206 Personal Milestone

Over the weekend, I acquired my 19th T206 card. Why would this be important? Because I've been collecting T206 cards since 1977 on-and-off (mostly off), and at one time, I had 18 in my collection, only to have to sell all but 4 for personal reasons. Now that I'm collecting again, I have surpassed my original number, and I must admit, this time it has been far more enjoyable for several reasons:

1. I've re-acquired a few of those I originally had at one time, mostly based upon how I liked the look of the card. Those include: Pattee, Murphy (horizontal), Murray, Weimer, Sweeney.
2. My collecting is more focused (I originally acquired the majority of the cards via the Card Collectors company and just took what they sent me)
3. Now I've got a few goals: acquire all the horizontal cards (I'm halfway there), pick up a Wiltse or two, and slowly get all the St. Louis, American League player cards, as it seems to be the easiest team (monetarily) to acquire. I've already got 5.

There you have it. No big "shakes" to the big T206 movers and shakers on the board, but fun nonetheless.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:47 AM
Clayton

Awesome !! Congrats Jay.

Glad to see you are enjoying collecting the cards, and have reached a personal milestone.

My milestone is to collect as much of the set as possible and stay in the V/G to V/G-EX range. I've been focusing mostly on the "commons" lately, and have found it just as enjoyable as the HOF'ers for some reason. Probably because each card, regardless, gets me one more card closer to my ultimate goal.

Great job, keep up the hunt

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 02-13-2013, 08:51 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Congrats Jay. And you are certainly one of the nicest guys on the board and your son is indicative of that too. It was great seeing ya'll at the last Dallas Card Show.....Good luck in the quest.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:07 AM
nels0n aud.et

Congrat !
Old 02-13-2013, 09:08 AM
Sean Costello

Jay, congratulations, I think that it's great that you're enjoying your collecting so much.But I have some bad news for you: the St.Louis Browns that you are going for include Ray Demmitt. His card is a real killer. Even a PSA 1 will go for around $1000.00. But best of luck.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:56 AM
Ad@m Be11

Congrats on reaching your milestone. I find each card is in and of itself a new milestone toward reaching the goal, much like you do. That's why I enjoy the Monster number thread here at Net 54 because I can visually see my name rising or falling on the list with others who've been collecting along with me. We are a "band of brothers", collecting T206 cards and sharing our successes with those who also share the same interest. Keep up the great work!
E106: 4/48
E210-1: Completed December 2013
R319: 43/240
Old 02-13-2013, 10:10 AM
Barry Arnold

Default milestone

congratulations!
your positive and humble attitude is most refreshing!
great to have you on board.
all the best,
barry
Old 02-13-2013, 11:56 AM
Jay Shelton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Jay, congratulations, I think that it's great that you're enjoying your collecting so much.But I have some bad news for you: the St.Louis Browns that you are going for include Ray Demmitt. His card is a real killer. Even a PSA 1 will go for around $1000.00. But best of luck.
Sean:
Thanks for the heads-up. I knew that the Demmitt card would be pricey, but I was hoping to add it in the future for less, as I don't collect graded cards, and I would judge my T206s to be fair-to-good in condition. Still, I could collect all the St. Louis American without Demmitt and be okay with that.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:10 PM
Steve Woe.lfel

Congrats Jay!
T206 SLers: 11/48
T206 Back Run: 28/39

Desiderata

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Strive to be happy.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:21 PM
Adam Goldenberg

Default Great

I commend you on your focus. I have struggled with my T206 focus but am beginning to narrow it down. It will be much more manageable and affordable !! Great set though as there are so many subsets that can be collected. It is really a set for any type collector.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:05 PM

Default Congrats!!

You picked the right set to collect! very popular, and dare I say it, a good investment

Peace

Johnny V