NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 04-09-2016, 01:23 PM
Mikeknapp

Default New Clemente 3000 hit photo?

I recently purchased this image. The seller reported that it is a photo of Clemente driving his 3000th hit. I asked him about its origin and how he could be certain that the photo depicted the moment he attributed to it. He responded,” I was there with my father (who took the photo) on the day of the 3,000th hit. I probably have the original 35mm slide, along with others”. I am communicating with the seller to purchase the slides in question.

I recently read the book Miracle Ball: My Hunt for the Shot Heard 'Round the World http://www.amazon.com/Miracle-Ball-H.../dp/0307452697 and was fascinated by the attempt to find the famous ball through the use of photographic studies. It is a great read. Nonetheless, the book inspired me to see if I could match this photo to the event it supposedly records.

The first photos show how the image arrived in the mail. It was professionally framed at a custom frame shop in Pittsburgh. The frame is vintage. When I removed the 5X7 image I found that it had been secured with an adhesive to a backing board. Due to this I cannot see the reverse. Although I cannot be certain, judging by the frame’s construction and the apparent age of the print it seems to be an image produced in the 1970’s. The frame was professionally constructed and I believe that the effort taken to present it indicates that the owner believed it to be of significane. I called the number of the frame shop and found that it is no longer in business.

I scanned the image and made no changes to it. I searched online for photos and videos from that day for comparable images. Unfortunately I could find no similar images taken from the third baseline. It appears that all comparable were shot from the first baseline. The video I found was also from that angle and overhead. I made screen captures of the available video. The screen captures are below for comparison. I place arrows on some of them to identify similarities without an explanation because I would like your assessments. The only thing that isn't consistent is that in the video Stargell is wearing a batting glove on his right hand. That glove does not appear in the photo. It would have been unusual for him to wear batting gloves so he may have removed it prior to the at bat? Nonetheless, based on what I have found I tend to believe that the photo I purchased does capture the moment of his 3000th hit. Do you agree? I know that my perception is biased due to ownership. The video I primarily used was imbedded in interesting story regarding the bat Clemente used that day http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page...o-clemente-bat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo_1.jpg (78.7 KB, 713 views)
File Type: jpg photo_2.jpg (75.8 KB, 716 views)
File Type: jpg photo_3.jpg (66.1 KB, 716 views)
File Type: jpg photo_4.jpg (65.1 KB, 715 views)
File Type: jpg photo_5.jpg (67.0 KB, 720 views)
File Type: jpg photo_6.jpg (66.5 KB, 720 views)
File Type: jpg photo_7.jpg (91.7 KB, 723 views)

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)
Old 04-09-2016, 01:29 PM
Steven H.

Looks to be the real deal from what I'm seeing. Great photo, congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pre-1950 Cuban Cards: Focus on Billiken, Macionales, & Aguilitas
Old 04-09-2016, 07:59 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

I think the photo matched evidence make a pretty clear cut case it is truly the same at bat. The three people in the same seats and clothing seals the deal for me. I love the photo. Please keep us updated if you can procure the origin Hal negatives. If you do I would deffinatly be interested in a copy if you were so inclined to duplicate it.

Great piece showing such a historic event.

Drew
Old 04-09-2016, 08:04 PM
Mikeknapp

Thanks Steven and Drew. I too believe it is a new look at Roberto's 3000th. I so badly wanted to believe it I feared that my judgment was compromised which is why I asked for unbiased opinions. If I secure the slide I will glady make a copy for you.

Mike

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

Old 04-09-2016, 08:16 PM

Many people come on here with photos hoping it's a certain person or a certain event, and they try to stretch the truth to make the story fit, often unable to accept the fact that their item isn't special.

You, on the other hand, have done an excellent job of doing the research and presenting really good evidence to present your case. I think you're right that this does capture the 3K hit moment, and although I don't think it would be worth a huge amount of money, it is historically significant and a needle in the haystack type of find. Well done!

I found another similarity in the last crowd shot you presented, and, like Drew before me, I also thought this photo was the clincher that made me a believer...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1a1111.jpg (79.6 KB, 661 views)
Old 04-09-2016, 08:26 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW View Post
Many people come on here with photos hoping it's a certain person or a certain event, and they try to stretch the truth to make the story fit, often unable to accept the fact that their item isn't special.

You, on the other hand, have done an excellent job of doing the research and presenting really good evidence to present your case. I think you're right that this does capture the 3K hit moment, and although I don't think it would be worth a huge amount of money, it is historically significant and a needle in the haystack type of find. Well done!

I found another similarity in the last crowd shot you presented, and, like Drew before me, I also thought this photo was the clincher that made me a believer...
Nice catch on the guy in the blue. Deffinatly the same at bat.
Old 04-09-2016, 08:36 PM
Mikeknapp

CW thanks for the opinion and for finding the additional matching fan. I too doubt that its cash value out weighs its significance. However, it is very fun to find it being a Clemente fan.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:47 PM
Clint

I was bored so I checked the three years that's possible for this photo to be from. 1970 was the first year the Pirates wore these jerseys and 1972 was Clemente's last. So I narrowed the search to this.

Next I narrowed it further since the Pirates are at home and playing against the Mets. Duffy Dyer is catching so I checked the box scores of games that included Dyer and Clemente playing in Pittsburgh. This left six possible games with two from each year. While checking the home plate umpires I discovered that a different ump was used for each of these games. John Kibler umped September 30th.

If you can verify that's Kibler then you would know 100%. Hope this helps.
Old 04-09-2016, 08:57 PM
Mikeknapp

Thanks Clint, I don't know that I can even definitely say that Dyer is the catcher in the photo. The catcher's posture in the photo does align very closely to the video of Dyer from the 3000 clip. The umpires foot position is consistent as well. In the photo a portion of his white sock is visible. This sock is also visible in the video. I really doubt I could ever definitively identify Kibler or Dyer using such a low resolution photo.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:03 PM
Clint

You can see a water stain on the 3b side near home plate. It's in your photo. You can see in the video that it looks like a water mark about 3 foot long or so.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:40 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Nice find!

Congrats Mike!
Old 04-10-2016, 04:11 PM
Chris Wood

Default Cool!

Great pick up!
Old 12-02-2016, 12:47 AM
Mikeknapp

I thought I would share an update. I have been in contact with the seller of the Clemente 3000 hit photo. He is the son of the amateur photographer who took this shot. After numerous emails tonight he sold me 88 slides his father shot between August 1971 and August 1973. The items include 10 slides from the first night game in World Series history, nine slides from Game Four of the 1971 World series, 10 slides of a sports banquet in which Clemente was honored as the 1971 Sportsman of the year, a ticket stub to the banquet, 8 slides of the Sept 29th game in which a potential hit was ruled an error, and 7 slides from Sept 30th when he collected 3000. There are also 15 slides taken at Clemente’s HOF induction. I have not viewed these so I’m rolling the dice based on the 3000 print I purchased from the seller. Nonetheless, I am thrilled and cannot wait to receive the slides. The seller attended the sports banquet mentioned above with his father and has the program autographed by Stargell and Clemente. He is considering selling that to me as well. I will post shots printed from the slides once they are done.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:15 AM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

You're not a nice guy, Mike, leaving us drooling like this. Shame on you!

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:26 AM

Hi Mike,
Happy holidays! Congrats on this cool Clemente pickup.
I'm certainly convinced by your evidence that it is the real deal. The photo matching of so many elements of the event really lock it down for me.

From what I recall, and after doing a photo search, I do not see evidence that Stargell used a batting glove when hitting. You obviously have a wealth of knowledge about your Buccos. Did he ever wear a batting glove when hitting during 1972? He certainly had a habit of wearing a batting glove on his mitt hand when playing 1B. See photos of him hitting and playing 1B.
If he was seen in the on deck circle wearing his batting glove in other photos of the moment, why would he take it off again prior to hitting?
I suspect because he wore it on his glove hand when playing defensively at 1B and took it off prior to the AB in the on deck batters circle. Maybe it was his usual routine, or he was so focused on Clemente's milestone AB that he forgot that he was still wearing it. I guess we will never know...

In any case, congrats once again.
Definitely an epic pickup for your Clemente/ Bucs collection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Willie Stargell hitting.jpg (27.9 KB, 365 views)
File Type: jpg Willie Stargell playing 1st base.jpg (16.1 KB, 365 views)

Last edited by Scott Garner; 12-02-2016 at 02:49 AM.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
I thought I would share an update. I have been in contact with the seller of the Clemente 3000 hit photo. He is the son of the amateur photographer who took this shot. After numerous emails tonight he sold me 88 slides his father shot between August 1971 and August 1973. The items include 10 slides from the first night game in World Series history, nine slides from Game Four of the 1971 World series, 10 slides of a sports banquet in which Clemente was honored as the 1971 Sportsman of the year, a ticket stub to the banquet, 8 slides of the Sept 29th game in which a potential hit was ruled an error, and 7 slides from Sept 30th when he collected 3000. There are also 15 slides taken at Clemente’s HOF induction. I have not viewed these so I’m rolling the dice based on the 3000 print I purchased from the seller. Nonetheless, I am thrilled and cannot wait to receive the slides. The seller attended the sports banquet mentioned above with his father and has the program autographed by Stargell and Clemente. He is considering selling that to me as well. I will post shots printed from the slides once they are done.
Wow!!
Looks like you hit the mother lode. What fun!

Last edited by Scott Garner; 12-02-2016 at 09:25 AM.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:34 AM
Drew Ekb@ck

Mike that's great you were able to finalize the deal. Would be a great addition if you were able to secure the signed program as well. Congratulations all around. Keep us posted as to the results when you receive everything. Very interested in seeing the specifics as is many others here I'm sure.

Drew
Old 12-02-2016, 08:49 AM
Mike Rozanc

Wow that sounds like a great addition, good luck on the other photos.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:20 PM
De.rek Gre.nce

That's amazing!!!
Old 12-02-2016, 05:41 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostdone View Post
Mike that's great you were able to finalize the deal. Would be a great addition if you were able to secure the signed program as well. Congratulations all around. Keep us posted as to the results when you receive everything. Very interested in seeing the specifics as is many others here I'm sure.

Drew
For sure!
Old 12-03-2016, 07:36 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Great find Mike!

WOW! Best Clemente find I've heard of in a while. Really curious about the ticket and program to the banquet - It wasn't the dapper dan dinner was it (Clemente was Honoree in 1962, 1967 and 1972)? Please send photos as soon as you can. So excited for you.
Old 12-04-2016, 10:16 PM
Mikeknapp

Thanks Howard, The tracking number indicates that the slides will arrive tomorrow. I will post the photos as soon as I have prints made. I am pretty excited about seeing them. Here are photos of the program and stub as well as the autographs. The seller said that he will reach out to me about selling the program in January. What do you think would be a reasonable price for it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _stub.jpg (73.5 KB, 289 views)
File Type: jpg program.jpg (63.1 KB, 290 views)
File Type: jpg autos.jpg (44.3 KB, 286 views)

Old 12-07-2016, 02:16 PM
Mikeknapp

I converted the slides to JPEGS tonight. They are definitely amateur photos but still I greatly enjoyed them. I paid $1 per slide and they were well worth it. The Dapper Dan Photos were very poorly lit but Clemente, Stargell, Kison, Sanguillen, Prince, Murtaugh, and Satchel Paige were included. It's ironic that a year later Paige would join Clemente in Cooperstown. The Cooperstown slides did not include the induction ceremony but did capture a few interesting shots of the Clemente plaque as it was displayed in 1973. The World Series shots were taken form the Right Field grandstand so they lack detail. The Sept 29th shots were taken form the first baseline and are interesting. The shots from September 30th are about the same as the print I purchased from the seller in April. The seller included slides from an old timers game between the 1960 Pirates and Yankees. There were a few photos of Mantle and Berra included and some fun shots of Clemente and Maz as they line up wearing the new Pirates Polyester uniforms contrasting the flannels of their ex teammates. This sequence contains Clemente getting hit 3000, Schnek and Milner throwing 3000, Clemente standing at second, leading off of third and scoring. Just as it is with most things in life these slides were not as good as I hoped but much better than I feared.

Last edited by 71buc; 12-07-2016 at 02:24 PM.
Old 12-07-2016, 02:19 PM
Mikeknapp

Cooperstown Clemente plaque and Stargell Display taken August 1973
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cooperstown_1973_(12).jpg (65.3 KB, 255 views)
File Type: jpg Cooperstown 1973 (13).jpg (73.6 KB, 256 views)
File Type: jpg Cooperstown 1973 (11).jpg (70.6 KB, 254 views)
File Type: jpg Cooperstown 1973 (3).jpg (71.8 KB, 256 views)

Old 12-07-2016, 02:35 PM
Mikeknapp

Game 5 1971 World Series pre game ceremony the action shots are blurred
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Game 5 1971 World Series (3).jpg (69.7 KB, 254 views)
File Type: jpg Game 5 1971 World Series (4).jpg (76.1 KB, 256 views)
File Type: jpg Game_5_1971_World_Series_(9).jpg (71.7 KB, 256 views)
File Type: jpg Game 5 1971 World Series (7).jpg (68.0 KB, 255 views)
File Type: jpg Game_5_1971_World_Series_(5).jpg (74.7 KB, 255 views)
File Type: jpg Game 5 1971 World Series (2).jpg (71.8 KB, 253 views)

Old 12-07-2016, 02:43 PM
Mikeknapp

Dapper Dan Ceremony Feb 1972 Clemente, Satchel Paige, Sanguilen, Brown, Murtaugh, Kison, Stargell
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Roberto_Clemente_Dapper_Dan_1972.jpg (70.4 KB, 255 views)
File Type: jpg Satchel_Paige_Dapper_Dan_1972.jpg (69.3 KB, 254 views)
File Type: jpg Manny_Sanguillen_Dapper_Dan_1972.jpg (69.6 KB, 256 views)
File Type: jpg Joe_Brown_Dapper_Dan_1972.jpg (70.3 KB, 256 views)
File Type: jpg Danny_Murtaugh_Dapper_Dan_1972.jpg (70.0 KB, 254 views)
File Type: jpg Bruce Kison Dapper Dan 1972.jpg (68.4 KB, 251 views)
File Type: jpg Willie__Stargell_Dapper_Dan_1972.jpg (67.4 KB, 252 views)

Last edited by 71buc; 12-07-2016 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-07-2016, 03:19 PM
Mikeknapp

Old timers Game 1960 Pirates vs Yankees. There are many other slides but these provide a general representation of what I received.

Old 12-07-2016, 05:59 PM

$1 a slide? C'mon, what a steal for your collection!
Congrats again, Mike!

Last edited by Scott Garner; 12-07-2016 at 06:00 PM.
Old 12-07-2016, 06:15 PM
Clint

Nice additions Mike!
Old 12-08-2016, 11:59 AM

Moments in time captured and preserved. So fun, and moving really, to view and think about. Thanks for sharing these.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:33 PM
M@rk Comer

Default Slides

So cool; love it...

Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:47 PM
Howard Chasser

Quote:
Thanks Howard, The tracking number indicates that the slides will arrive tomorrow. I will post the photos as soon as I have prints made. I am pretty excited about seeing them. Here are photos of the program and stub as well as the autographs. The seller said that he will reach out to me about selling the program in January. What do you think would be a reasonable price for it?
Hi Mike,

AWESOME slides - thanks for sharing. Regarding the program and stub - They are awesome too - very hard to find! The program often has a crease in it because people at the dinner folded it to carry in their pockets - the one you show has no crease. The stubs are incredibly rare! Yours is only the second one I have seen. Without the autograph I would estimate the program and stub at $100-$150. I don't follow autograph values and don't feel qualified to speculate on the premium attributable with the autograph. I hope that is helpful.

Howard
Old 12-11-2016, 11:28 AM
Mikeknapp

Thanks Howard, I am meeting with the seller in Seattle next March and will attempt to add the program to my collection at that time. I have one In my collection already but it is of the unsigned variety. I went through the rest of the slides and picked out the best of September 29th and Game 4 of the 1971 Series. Below are those from September 29th when Clemente reached first and it was ruled an error.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (73.0 KB, 255 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (74.5 KB, 253 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (73.3 KB, 253 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (69.2 KB, 253 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (75.1 KB, 251 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (72.6 KB, 252 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (71.9 KB, 254 views)

Old 12-11-2016, 11:31 AM
Mikeknapp

Game 4 1971 World Series
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (68.7 KB, 250 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (76.9 KB, 253 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (64.7 KB, 253 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (48.9 KB, 251 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (46.1 KB, 252 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (69.3 KB, 251 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (63.9 KB, 252 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (67.3 KB, 254 views)

Old 12-11-2016, 06:16 PM
D@le Irv*n

GREAT Pictures!

Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-13-2016, 07:04 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Incredible shots - thanks for sharing

Good luck with the program acquisition.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:05 PM
Mikeknapp

Thought I would provide a quick update. After six months of my cautious soft peddling the owner finally agreed to sell his Roberto Clemente and Willie Stargell autographed Dapper Dan program to me. He also included an additional ticket to the event. I paid a premium for the childhood memories he had tied the items. I will post photos once I receive them. I wanted to thank Ben Weingarten for helping me fund the purchase by buying photos from me.

Last edited by 71buc; 06-09-2017 at 10:10 PM.
Old 06-10-2017, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Thought I would provide a quick update. After six months of my cautious soft peddling the owner finally agreed to sell his Roberto Clemente and Willie Stargell autographed Dapper Dan program to me. He also included an additional ticket to the event. I paid a premium for the childhood memories he had tied the items. I will post photos once I receive them. I wanted to thank Ben Weingarten for helping me fund the purchase by buying photos from me.
Congrats Mike on what I am sure will be the centerpiece of your great Bucs collection.
Old 06-10-2017, 06:19 AM
Drew Ekb@ck

Congrats! When I saw your "quick sale" I was curious if the funds were headed to this collection.

I've said it before and I will restate but I really admire your passion for your 71 Pirates collection. It is truly impressive.

Again, great pick up and addition.

Drew

Ps. Still would like a copy of that Clemente photo if your willing to share
Old 06-10-2017, 08:30 AM
Mikeknapp

Thanks guys. Drew if you pm me your address I will get a copy in the mail for you.

Mike

Old 06-10-2017, 08:14 PM
Paul Herbener

Great stuff Mike! I love your passion and can't wait to see the new pictures!
Old 06-14-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Game 4 1971 World Series
Wasn't game 4 a night game?
Old 06-14-2017, 04:14 PM
Mikeknapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
Wasn't game 4 a night game?
Yes

Old 06-27-2017, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Old timers Game 1960 Pirates vs Yankees. There are many other slides but these provide a general representation of what I received.
Mike,
Here is the special program for the Old Timers game. That was the first Pirates game I ever attended.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1960.jpg (72.5 KB, 116 views)

Completed - 1967 Topps Baseball, 1969 Greiner Tires Pirates, 1964 Topps Giants

Working on - 1967 Topps Test Stickers - Pirates 31/33 just need the 2 Clemente’s

Also looking for a 1970's Spalding Advisory Staff photo of Richie Hebner.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:53 AM
Mikeknapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandgold View Post
Mike,
Here is the special program for the Old Timers game. That was the first Pirates game I ever attended.
Very cool those slides must bring back memories for you. I have been meaning to bring this thread to a close by posting the remainder of the items I obtained from the original owner. I have been unusually busy and unable to do so. We have a budding rock star in my family and that experience has consumed all my free time.

Old 06-30-2017, 02:10 AM
Mikeknapp

After a year of negotiating I managed to complete the purchase of this small collection from the original seller. The collection included the 3000 hit photo that I used to initiate this thread, all of the previously displayed slides, a set of 1971 Arco Pirate photos, a 1971 World Series Three Rivers Stadium model purchased at the World Series, a Clemente Family thank you card, and a Clemente postcard. I also obtained his two Dapper Dan tickets. He attended the event with his father and subsequently kept newspaper clippings related to that event. They were a fun read so I included them here. I hope they are legible. My favorite item in the collection was a signed Dapper Dan program. The original owner explained that his father got the Clemente autograph for him at the dinner. The seller said that he thinks he has an autograph book in which he collected the autographs of all the celebrities who attended the dinner that night. He said that if he locates it he will sell it to me as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg collection.jpg (77.1 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg a.jpg (80.9 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg b.jpg (84.3 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg c.jpg (82.6 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg d.jpg (75.7 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg Graphic1.jpg (78.9 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg f.jpg (76.9 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg g.jpg (89.5 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg h.jpg (90.5 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg i.jpg (102.6 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg 21 auto.jpg (54.7 KB, 67 views)

Last edited by 71buc; 06-30-2017 at 02:11 AM.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:29 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Pirates

That grouping is AWESOME!
Old 06-30-2017, 04:16 AM

Congrats Mike! Epic pickup for your terrific Pirates collection.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:21 AM
Drew Ekb@ck

Mike, again that's awesome. Quite a grouping and fits in perfectly with your collecting tastes. Are you going to post comments and choose what to display or perhaps figure out a scrapbook type display to sit down and flip through from time to time? Always interested in how different collectors enjoys their prized items.
Drew
Old 07-01-2017, 08:24 AM
Den*nis O*Brien

Default Congratulations.....

....for a collector, who is as focused as you are, this is a monumental find and pick up!!! This will be hard to equal going forward. Again...congrats and this material is where it belongs.
Sincerely, Dennis