NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-24-2007, 05:37 PM
Administrator

Default What are these items worth??

Posted By: Matt

Hi everyone, I used to collect cards when I was a kid a lot and I'm just wondering if I have anything of value. My cards from when I was a kid a I know aren't worth much. However I do have two items that I think may have some value.

1. 1985 Royals world series cards. My grandmother picked these up at the Royal's world series game. It has the entire Royals roster and they are unopened and still sealed in the plastic. They are in mint condition.

2. Don Drysdale autographed baseball. I also have an old card to go with the ball that is in very good shape, but not mint. The only bad part is this ball does not have a certificate of authenticity. Its actually pretty unusual how I came across the ball. When I was a kid my church had a free raffel give away for the kids. I won the ball, but it was just that - a ball. It had no explanation as to who had signed it or anything. Finally my dad took me and the ball to a card dealer and they looked at it and figured it out. Would not having a certificate of authenticity affect the price much? Is there a way to aquire one?

Basically I am debating on selling these items on ebay, but if they aren't worth that much I will probably just hold on to them. Plus, if they were worth somthing I wanted to get a fair price and not get ripped off. Thanks in advance for any replies!

Old 11-24-2007, 05:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

These are posted in the wrong section. Please click the link at the top for "Net 54 Postwar Sportscards". That is the proper forum.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

Sorry, yahoo just too me to this. Should I repost or will it get moved?

Old 11-24-2007, 05:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul S

Matt, a repost will do. You can just delete your text here and put Delete in its place, and also change the topic to Delete, Wrong Forum. You'll get some good responses over there. Thanks.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: DJ

I'll just help out here...

1) The World Series cards don't have much value at all.

2) The Don Drysdale signed ball depends on many factors, most importantly (outside of authenticity of course) is the ball it is signed on. If it's an Official Rawlings ball and gorgeous, you are talking $75 tops. If the signature isn't perfect and it's a ball minus a label, made of plastic or isn't in good shape...you are talking around $20-30.

Certificates of Authenticities are usually given out by the seller (which is YOU) and really doesn't mean a whole helluva lot. It wouldn't pay to get an Authenticating House to verify your signature because it will cost you some $$$, usually $50-100.

As far as the card goes, doubtful that there is a lot of value there, unless it's a gorgeous NM-MT 1957 Topps.

Good Luck!

DJ