NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-26-2016, 08:30 PM
Jer.em.ey

I'm in for another raffle.
Successful BST purchases: npa589, RedlegsFan, Wildfireschulte, AndyG09, Vintageismygame, Ben_Yourg, pencil1974, Leon, bnorth, LuckyLarry, loubrown, cardsnstuff, brianp-beme, gooseman91, ricktmd, and bcookie.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:56 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

In for at least one.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:16 PM
Jacob

I'm in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2016, 10:09 AM
Bill Boyd

Just want to let everyone know, we are working on some details now and Graig should be posting something this afternoon.

Bill
Old 03-27-2016, 10:22 AM
Sean Brennan

I'm in
Old 03-27-2016, 10:28 AM
Graig Kreindler

Wow, what awesome responses, everybody! It looks like we'll be able to do this again, and I'm super-stoked about it. Once again, at the helm will be our very own Bill Boyd (billyb) and Lance Fittro (thecatspajamas) - both wonderful gents.

And a big 'thank you' to LL for allowing this to be a reality!

Here's some more info, as prepared by Mr. Boyd and Mr. Fittro:

OFFICIAL RULES TO WIN AN ORIGINAL CUSTOM GRAIG KREINDLER PAINTING (16" x 20" MINIMUM SIZE).

1. Sale of entries will begin on Sunday, Apr 3, 2016 @ 8PM EST, and can be reserved by posting on the '2016 Kreindler Raffle Event' thread on the vintage memorabilia forum.

2. Cost is $20 per entry. PLEASE HOLD PAYMENT UNTIL THE HARD DEADLINE IS REACHED. (see rule #7 below)

3. "Buddy System" - This can be used to assist members who cannot place any requests for entries directly on the board due to personal issues, internet outage, natural disaster, etc. One member can reserve entries for another member, or if you find yourself unable to post and without a Buddy, we can reserve entries for you. Everyone who wishes to participate will be able to do so!

4. A MINIMUM OF 250 ENTRIES MUST BE SOLD FOR THIS EVENT. If the minimum 250 entries are sold and interest continues, additional entries beyond the 250 minimum may be sold, and the painting size will increase as a result. In other words, the size of the painting that the winner receives will ultimately be determined by the number of entries sold. So, since the starting size for the minimum 250 entries is 16" x 20" (current retail value of $4,960), but if 350 entries are sold, the painting can be 18" x 24", 20" x 22", 16" x 26", or any number of combinations with similar square inch totals. Updates to the total number of entries sold and resulting painting size will be given as the event progresses.

5. We cannot list a specific company to use for payments. However, if you choose to use your favorite online method of payment, please use the F & F/gift method or if that company has fees included, do not forget to pay the extra percentage fee. Graig's email address is gkreindler@gmail.com.

For payment by mail, please send Bill (wboyd4422@gmail.com), Lance (thecatspajamas99@gmail.com) or Graig an email or PM, and we will provide an address to mail your payments to. Again, PLEASE HOLD PAYMENT UNTIL THE HARD DEADLINE IS REACHED (see rule #7 below).

Because all money is going to Graig's commission fee, please list it as, "payment for consignment fees, or art consignment, or art work," as online companies frown on words like 'raffle', or 'chances', 'tickets' or any other gaming terminology. Also, when making payments, add your 54 handle somewhere on payment. If you forget to add your handle to your payment, please message Bill to let him know of your payment and what email address you used to do so.

6. Your entry numbers will be given out in order requests are received. The entrant list will be updated as the event progresses, and once the hard deadline is reached and the total number of entries is known, each entry will be assigned numbers from between 1 to 000 (1000), spaced by the total number of entries. The total number of entries will not be less than 250, but continued interest could result in more than 250 entries being sold and a larger painting size being awarded.

Example #1: If 250 total entries are sold, each entry will receive 4 numbers spaced by 250. The first entry will receive #1, 251, 501 and 751. The second entry will receive #2, 252, 502 and 752. Etc.

Example #2: If 333 total entries are sold, each entry will receive 3 numbers spaced by 333. The first entry will receive #1, 334 and 665. The second entry will receive #2, 335 and 666. Etc. One number (#000) would be leftover.

Leftover numbers, if any, will be voided. In Example #2 above, #000 would be voided. If the first game's attendance results in a voided number being the winning number, the back-up game would be used to determine the winner.

7. Once at least 250 entries have been sold and entry sales have slowed, fair warning of about a week will be given and a hard deadline for purchase of entries set. All payment for entries purchased is due within one week following said deadline. If any participant's payment is not received by one week after the deadline, all of their reserved entries will be considered forfeit and may be resold. If payment is mailed late or there are extenuating circumstances preventing payment within that week, please notify Bill via PM.

8. Once all payments are received, an upcoming sporting event game will be selected, along with a secondary game in case of a rain-out or voided entry being the winner of the first game. The winning number will be the last three digits of the attendance of the selected game, as given on the New York Times website box score. The attendance on the New York Times website is the ONLY figure we will use, even if a different attendance number may be given on the radio, television or elsewhere. A back-up game will also be chosen if needed.

9. Winner is responsible for all shipping and handling fees.

10. THE WINNING NUMBERS WILL BE POSTED ON EVENT PAGE.

STIPULATIONS: Graig does reserves the right of final word as to the content and subject matter of the painting requested. Also, he wanted to let everyone know that 16" x 20" paintings DO have limitations. Panoramic or team photos will NOT fit on a canvas that size. However, the winner may elect to "upgrade" to a larger painting size that will allow for the additional desired detail by paying the difference based on Graig's standard commission rates.

Thanks again, everyone. And if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to myself, Lance or Graig.

See you on the 3rd!!

Last edited by GKreindler; 03-27-2016 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:48 AM
Bill Boyd

Okay,
As I raise both arms in the air and yell out............YEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!
Of course there is a little tush shaking going on as well (not a pretty picture though)

Anyways, as Jackie Gleason would say,..........and away weee go.

Now is the time to start looking for the photos you may want painted. It is never too early, as when the time comes, as the past winners may agree with, once this opportunity does happen for someone, it is not easy to pick out that photo and can be time consuming. Remember, the sooner you get that photo to Graig, the sooner that painting is on your wall.

SO LETS SEE SOME CHOICES

Bill

Last edited by billyb; 03-27-2016 at 12:45 PM.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:03 PM
Bill Boyd

bump
Old 03-28-2016, 09:45 AM
Bill Boyd

Here are two of my favorites. The Cobb and Speaker have the inside track, but Kaline was my favorite growing up, and this picture is great. I will have to add a few sheckles to get these completed, but well worth it.
Wow, that sure is a lot of faces in that right field seats......LOL..........sorry Graig

Cobb%20and%20Speaker.jpg

Kaline.jpg
Old 03-28-2016, 10:59 PM
Bill Boyd

Less then 6 days until start of the raffle
Old 03-28-2016, 11:42 PM

Can't wait!

Just kidding.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:37 AM
Brendan Mullen

hahahahahahha^^^^^^
Old 03-29-2016, 07:42 AM
Bill Boyd

Dewey,
Wow! That would certainly be a one of a kind.

EVERYONE,
I just want all to know that on Sunday, Apr 3rd, at 8PM, the Raffle Entry thread, will pop in on the memorabilia side ONLY. The memorabilia side is not as busy as the Card side, plus the memorabilia side is where I had the first two raffles, and I want to be consistent.

I will post a reminder thread here on the card side. If you have any questions, they can be asked on the Raffle entry side as well. If you want just to post comments, photos, or have ongoing conversations, that can be done here, on the two current ongoing threads.
Once the raffle is completed, you may then also use that site for posting observations, and please critique the raffle process if you wish. We take all comments, opinions, observations, ideas, and recommendations, very seriously.

And with that all said, 5 DAYS TO GO.

Billyb
Old 03-29-2016, 08:53 AM
Ruben

Why not 😀
Old 03-29-2016, 11:16 PM
Bill Boyd

bump
Old 03-30-2016, 08:19 AM

Default Raffle

I'd love to purchase a raffle ticket! I work with Bill Boyd up in Gladwin so I'll touch base with him to work out the details.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:44 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Muahuahahaua
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20160330-104307.jpg (8.8 KB, 279 views)

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors

Last edited by Republicaninmass; 03-30-2016 at 08:45 AM.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:48 PM
Bill Boyd

VSchwager,
Welcome Aboard. Details are all spelt out in the rules, if you have any questions, I would be glad to help.

I showed Vince the two winners and some of Graig's other works, and he fell in love with the paintings.

Good luck Vince
Old 03-30-2016, 08:50 PM
Bill Boyd

Ted,
There is a little devil in all of us, but that would be total Satonish.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:56 PM
Bill Boyd

In just 3 days, the Kreindler Dream Event III will begin. Get at least three subjects in mind of who you would like to have painted. Let's hear from you. Who are your three choices, or more.
Here is mine.

Greenberg
Howe
Kaline
Ruth
Fidrych

fidrych 1.jpg

Fidrych 2.jpg

Last edited by billyb; 03-31-2016 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:26 PM
je.sse @rnot

I'm in for $20. If I'm lucky enough to win I think I'd choose a painting of Ruth and Gehrig, if possible.
Old 04-01-2016, 12:58 AM

Two men I never saw as a kid. One because I was too young, the other because of the radio. In honor of his last year...

Or Hershiser/Dempsey celebration in 88.

Or...
Old 04-01-2016, 04:05 AM
John P
Joh.n Per.rotta

Default Raffle

Count me in.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:36 AM
Dave

My first thought after reading the thread....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 517329778.jpg (58.1 KB, 260 views)
Successful transactions with: polakoff, Paul S, xplainer, marvymelvin, lordstan, Thromdog, pow323, Golfcollector, OldJudge, frankbmd, kamikidEFFL, jcc6252, sam majors, t206fix, brian29575, bbsports, jfkheat
Old 04-01-2016, 10:28 AM
Bill Boyd

Welcome aboard all, and good luck.

Dave,

I have never seen that photo of Gehrig, that is outstanding. What part of Southeast Michigan are you from?
Old 04-01-2016, 12:12 PM
Jonathan Schwartz

If I win, 100% getting this

Old 04-01-2016, 10:55 PM
Bill Boyd

43 hours to go
Old 04-02-2016, 04:24 PM
Bill Boyd

Just 26 hours to go.

I do have to say this about the last two raffles.

BOX SCORE:

Card Side 2
Memorabilia side 0
Old 04-03-2016, 07:48 AM
Bill Boyd

Raffle starting today at 8PM EST, on memorabilia side. Just 5 1/2 hours away.

Bill

Last edited by billyb; 04-03-2016 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-03-2016, 01:15 PM
Bill Boyd

Raffle starting today at 8PM EST, on memorabilia side. less than 5 hours away.

Bill
Old 04-03-2016, 04:50 PM
Bill Boyd

Raffle starts in 1 hour and 10 minutes. 8PM EST
If you have any questions, please use this site for questions and comments.
The main raffle will be on the memorabilia/ Game used side.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:44 PM
Bill Boyd

Starting in 15 minutes
Old 04-03-2016, 08:20 PM
Larrie Dean

If it is not too late I would like two "chances"?!
Old 04-03-2016, 08:34 PM
Bill Boyd

Larrie,
Wrong thread, go t memorabilia/ Game used side, you will see Kreindler Dream event, raffle, now open for entries", place your order for how many entries you want.
When it come time for payment, please read the rules because it is very important.

Bill
Old 04-03-2016, 10:42 PM
Bill Boyd

I just want everyone to know, if you place your name onto this thread, it does not mean that you have entered the raffle. This thread was intended to see if the was enough interest in a raffle for us to proceed.
I posted several times that I would be opening up a new thread, on the Memorabilia/game used side , on April 3rd, and there is where you enter the raffle.
So please, if you want the chance to win a custom painting by Graig, then go to the thread that states, Kreindler Dream event, (raffle), open of entry requests. It is located on the memorabilia/game used side.
Old 04-04-2016, 11:09 PM
Bill Boyd

Bump
Old 04-05-2016, 01:11 PM
Bill Boyd

Raffle entry sales are still going on. You can enter this raffle on the MEMORABILIA SIDE of pre war sports, in the Kreindler Dream Event thread. There are still 37 members who expressed their interest in the raffle that have not yet entered.
If your name appears inside this thread, you are NOT entered.

If you are a Net54 member, you are eligible to enter.

Win your own custom made painting by Graig Kreindler. Value exceeds $4500. Entries are $20 each. Read rules in the Kreindler Dream Event Thread.
Old 04-06-2016, 01:33 PM
Bill Boyd

Bump
Old 04-07-2016, 07:18 PM
Bill Boyd

Down to 61 entries to go to make this raffle a go.

Check out the "what is your favorite Kreindler painting", thread, on the memorabilia side. Good stuff.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:45 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb View Post
I just want everyone to know, if you place your name onto this thread, it does not mean that you have entered the raffle. This thread was intended to see if the was enough interest in a raffle for us to proceed.
I posted several times that I would be opening up a new thread, on the Memorabilia/game used side , on April 3rd, and there is where you enter the raffle.
So please, if you want the chance to win a custom painting by Graig, then go to the thread that states, Kreindler Dream event, (raffle), open of entry requests. It is located on the memorabilia/game used side.
Billyb, I am not sure if this is allowed but I thought it might not be a bad idea to post the link here just in case there are some who still cannot find the thread? (open and sign up in this one, which is above in the "memorabilia" thread.
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=220566
Old 04-07-2016, 10:58 PM
Bill Boyd

Irv,
Good idea, I will have Graig change the title of his thread and steer them to your link.

Thank, it should work.

Bill
Old 04-08-2016, 11:45 AM
And.rew Whi.te

I was on vacation and didn't have time to look at the boards after I returned. By all means sign me up for one spot.

Thanks again
Old 04-08-2016, 04:08 PM
Bill Boyd

Andrew,
The places to enter are on post #90 of this thread, using the link on Irv's post, or on the memorabilia side into the Kreindler Dream event thread.

Andrew, I will enter it for you so you do not have to post there unless you want another. SO I HAVE YOU IN FOR ONE.

ANY OTHERS WISHING TO POST FOR THEIR ENTRIES, USING THIS THREAD, BACK UP TO POST #90, IRV HAS A LINK AT THE BOTTOM THAT WILL TAKE YOU TO THE KREINDLER DREAM EVENT ON THE MEMORABILIA SIDE.
USE THAT LOCATION TO POST YOUR REQUESTS.

THANK YOU. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, JUST SEND ME A PM
Old 04-09-2016, 10:54 AM
Bill Boyd

bumb
Old 04-10-2016, 11:20 AM
Bill Boyd

only 20 MORE entries to reach our minimum of 250 entries, which assures the Kreindler raffle will have reached its goal to have a good raffle, set a final purchase date, and proceed from that point toward a winner.

You can still enter now, just go to memorabilia side to enter Kreindler raffle, or on this thread, Post 90, Irv has set up a link in post #90, that will take you right to the raffle entry page.

This is an extremely great chance to win a remarkable painting completed by a truly remarkable painter. Don't let this opportunity slip away.

Good luck to all that enters.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:30 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb View Post
only 20 MORE entries to reach our minimum of 250 entries, which assures the Kreindler raffle will have reached its goal to have a good raffle, set a final purchase date, and proceed from that point toward a winner.

You can still enter now, just go to memorabilia side to enter Kreindler raffle, or on this thread, Post 90, Irv has set up a link in post #90, that will take you right to the raffle entry page.

This is an extremely great chance to win a remarkable painting completed by a truly remarkable painter. Don't let this opportunity slip away.

Good luck to all that enters.
Thanks again for doing this Bill. Sign me up for 1 more.

edited to add, looks like the raffle is a definite go as of today!!

Last edited by Leon; 04-11-2016 at 01:32 PM.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:41 PM
Bill Boyd

Leon,
Just seen this post, will add you for one.

Bill
Old 04-14-2016, 06:23 AM
Bill Boyd

Sales for the raffle ends this Saturday, Apr. 16, @ 8PM EST. The painting offered has grown in size as we now have 288 entries sold and growing.

To enter, go to Memorabilia/Game used side of prewar forums, and look for Kreindler raffle. Our past two winners bought a total of three tickets between them, so a single entry can and has won.
Old 04-15-2016, 06:55 AM
Bill Boyd

Sale of raffle entries ends tomorrow (saturday) at 8pm (est).

Don't be a bench warmer, get in the game.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:45 PM
Bill Boyd

Last call to enter kreindler raffle, sales ends today, 8pm, est