NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-10-2016, 01:09 PM
Ryan H

Default Introducing EliteCardPrices.com

UPDATE 4/25/16: We've released new lower subscription pricing, now $49.95/year or $4.95/month.
--
Hi folks. I’ve been a member here for a while, but have yet to post after being an active poster on another board.

I wanted to introduce a new service that I've spent the past year developing. EliteCardPrices.com is a best in class, mobile friendly, real-time, graded sports card price guide.

I collected cards when I was younger and like many, rediscovered the hobby after I started a family and established in my career. When I got back into the hobby I purchased graded versions of many of the cards I couldn’t afford when I was a kid. 

I realized it was important to be able to see past sales data before I made a purchase or to check the values of cards in my collection. This was especially true for cards that don’t come up for sale very often on eBay. I also found myself needing to access it more and more from my smartphone.

While there were other services that track graded sports card sales data, I found them dated in their design, often less than stellar site performance, and a user interface not optimized for mobile devices.

I pulled together a small team of developers and have spent the last 9 months getting our new service developed. We had a soft launch back in November and are now ready ramp up our growth.

Here’s where Elite Cards stands out from the competition:

1. We offer a mobile friendly user interface. Over half of our customers are accessing the site from a mobile device. Competitive sites were designed almost 10 years ago (pre smartphones) and just don't work great on your iPhone or Android phone. With our responsive layout, Elite Cards looks great on your PC, Mac, tablet or mobile device.

2. We offer a 5-day, full access free trial. Many of our competitors don't offer any free trial. In addition to the free trial, our paid subscription is much lower than our competition. "Plus" memberships are now $49.95/year or $4.95/month.

3. We track sales of modern cards. Our database includes the most popular modern cards across baseball, basketball, and football from 1990-2014.

4. The service is built to be resilient and offer top notch performance. From how our code is written to the cloud infrastructure that powers the site.

I value this community’s opinions and information on the hobby we all love. I invite you all to try out the new service. We offer a 5-day free trial with full access to the entire site’s price history. I wanted to make sure folks knew what they would be getting before paying for the service.

Currently we have sales data from eBay and data from two of the August 2015 Heritage Auction sales for 1970 Topps and 1975 Topps Mini sets. We plan to incorporate additional data streams into the service, but need to work with those auction houses to do so.

We include the most popular sets from 1933-1989 and the many modern cards from 1990-2014. In addition to sales data from other auction houses, we plan to add additional sets in the future including pre-war tobacco cards. Both of these are on our roadmap and something we will add at a later date.

Please send any and all feedback to me via PM or use the contact form our website. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest happenings with the service.

Thanks for taking the time to read this far and please check out the site.

Thanks,
Ryan

*Full disclosure, this is a paid advertisement and authorized to be posted here

Last edited by ryanseven; 04-25-2016 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Updated new pricing effective 4/25/16
Old 01-11-2016, 06:00 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Good luck Ryan. Competition is always good and you look like you have done a lot of homework on the subject.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:15 AM
K!ya S@bet

Hi Ryan,

Great looking site. I have concern/question though. Is there a plan to make the listings more complete? I typed in a bunch of cards that I own and none of them showed up in your database. So how long will it take to get the price reports more complete and accurate?

Kiya Sabet
Old 01-11-2016, 07:15 AM

Ryan has my highest endorsement. He is receptive to customer comments and extremely easy to work with.

Elite cards is keeping up with the technological curve which many sports companies have otherwise failed or refused to do.

Last edited by Sean1125; 01-11-2016 at 07:16 AM.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:19 AM
G.ary L.eavitt

Default Elite

On my mobile and really user-friendly. Anyway you would post a screen shot of a value page as if we were members as an example? Is it similar to VCP? Thanks!
Old 01-11-2016, 11:44 AM
Ryan H

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksabet View Post
Hi Ryan,

Great looking site. I have concern/question though. Is there a plan to make the listings more complete? I typed in a bunch of cards that I own and none of them showed up in your database. So how long will it take to get the price reports more complete and accurate?

Kiya Sabet
Thanks for the feedback. Which cards/sets in particular are you not seeing?
Old 01-11-2016, 11:47 AM
Ryan H

Quote:
Originally Posted by 111gecko View Post
On my mobile and really user-friendly. Anyway you would post a screen shot of a value page as if we were members as an example? Is it similar to VCP? Thanks!
Glad you like it so far. Here's an article that SCD did a couple of months back about the service. There are some screen shots in the article.

Here's two of them.
1975 Topps George Brett
1988 Fleer Michael Jordan
Old 01-12-2016, 08:21 PM
K!ya S@bet

PM sent
Old 01-13-2016, 08:44 AM
Ryan H

For those that were curious, we do track the cards Kiya was looking for, but didn't have any sales history in the particular grades he specified. They were recent purchases from auction houses, not eBay which is why we don't have them in our database yet. Once we add additional auction house data steams, we will start having more sales history for certain cards.

Ryan
Old 01-17-2016, 10:29 AM
Ryan H

Quick thank you to those that have registered with our service and started their free trials and/or purchased a paid membership. Based on the activity we've seen, it's clear we've got something folks are interested in.

Go Hawks!
Ryan
Old 03-17-2016, 09:35 PM
Ryan H

Just wanted to let folks here know of some updates to the service.

Growth has been outstanding the last several months. We've had hundreds of users register for the service with many choosing to become paid members when their 30 day free trial ends. Due to popular demand, we're extended the promotional pricing for annual subscriptions ($99.95/yr).

We've also partnered with Topps.com to offer our paid members 20% off purchases from their online store.

As always, please reach out if you have comments or ideas on how we can improve the service. You can reach us at contact@elite-cards.com.

Thanks,
Ryan

www.elitecardprices.com
Old 03-17-2016, 09:57 PM
je.sse @rnot

You mentioned 33 as the starting year earlier. Any plans to add previous years and sets, like t206? Are you tracking all AHs, or mainly just ebay?
Old 03-18-2016, 10:28 AM
Ryan H

Yes we do have plans to expand the sets we cover as well as including sales data from Auction Houses beyond eBay.

We are being pragmatic about how much we're spending on R&D in the early stages. Once we hit certain revenue targets, we'll likely expand into those areas.

Thanks for checking us out.
Old 03-28-2016, 02:18 PM
Ryan H

We sent an email out to our registered users this morning asking for help with a quick survey to help us learn more and improve.

I'd appreciate it if folks here had 30 seconds to spare and could complete this 4 question survey for us.

Your feedback will help shape the future of the service.

Survey link:
http://goo.gl/forms/wBLtBXLA2p
Old 04-25-2016, 08:53 AM
Ryan H

Primarily based on the results of our recent customer survey, I'm happy to announce we've rolled out new (lower) prices for our paid subscriptions.

Now get full access to our price guide for $49.95/year or $4.95/month.

We look forward to continuing to have our customer shape the future of the service and provide an outstanding user experience.
Old 04-25-2016, 03:51 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

I'll have to take a look. Any chance you could include sales data from comc.com? There are a lot of PSA graded cards on there that get sold every day through their site and cross-posted through Amazon.com.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.

Tags
app, graded sports cards, price guides