NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-15-2005, 07:59 PM
Administrator

Default TTT Ramly

Posted By: Dan

All,

Just how rare are these cards? I have seen only a handful of them over the last year or two. At what rate do the TTT's come up vs. the normal Ramly format?

Been in Europe for the last month, just back and am happy to see all the new material discussion items.

Take care, Dan.

Old 09-15-2005, 08:45 PM
Administrator

Default TTT Ramly

Posted By: leon

There are a few very avid collectors of Ramly's on the board that will hopefully chime in....but I only see a few out of every hundred or so cards that have a TTT back.....

Old 09-16-2005, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Default TTT Ramly

Posted By: Peter Thomas

Dan - there was an earlier thread on TTT's that you might want to search. Scott Brockelman and I have many TTT's. Scott has I believe 34 different TTT's and I have 25 different TTT's. Together we have 40 different TTT's. We know or an additional 9 different TTT's making the confirmed number of different TTT's 49. In the thread that I referenced Rich Rubin had a Cokley that increased the confirmed number from 48 to 49. There is debate about how many cards have TTT's backs. I personally think that the most likely number is 55 and I am vertually certain that it is not all 121 cards. In terms of rarity I feel that in the players known to have TTT backs, between 5% and 10% have TTT backs. In absolute numbers I think that there are 5 to 10 cards for each player. Others think that they are rarer with many figures around 2%. However if you take the 5% number and adjust for the fact that they are only confirmed in 49 of 121 cards you get a number of 2% of the total T204 population with TTT backs.

Peter

Old 09-16-2005, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Default TTT Ramly

Posted By: Paul

How do the blank backs compare?

Old 09-16-2005, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Default TTT Ramly

Posted By: Anthony

And how do the square frames rate in terms of rarity? Do any of the square frames also have TTT backs?

Old 09-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Administrator

Default TTT Ramly

Posted By: leon

Blank backs (oval framed) seem to be more scarce than TTT's. Square frames only come with blank backs

Old 09-16-2005, 12:08 PM
Administrator

Default TTT Ramly

Posted By: Richard

From your previous post, you had said:

"In terms of rarity I feel that in the players known to have TTT backs, between 5% and 10% have TTT backs. In absolute numbers I think that there are 5 to 10 cards for each player."

If I am understanding correctly, for each given card of t204, you would estimate that about 100 of each exists regardless of back? For those cards that have TTT backs, 5-10 of the backs would be TTT's and the other approximately 90-95 backs would be ramly? And those without TTT backs available, the ballpark 100 cards in existence would all be ramly?

Old 09-16-2005, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Default TTT Ramly

Posted By: Peter Thomas

The combined pop reports for PSA & SGC show 1550 graded T204's that is an average of 13 for each player. However some players have as many as 24 graded cards. GAI propably has some more, but I don't follow their numbers at all. Since there do not seem to be any player rarities and I would guess half of the cards have been graded, I think that a total population of each card is about 50 not 100. However the cards printed with TTT backs are the cards with the highest pop numbers and I think that TTT's were printed over and above the Ramly run and therefore there are more total cards of the players that have TTT backs. Research on this is one of the things on my list - I just need to live long enough to finish this project. Damn work and the need for money gets in the way of this research, actually I like my work very much, but it does slow down my projects.

Old 09-16-2005, 02:06 PM
Administrator

Default TTT Ramly

Posted By: barrysloate

hey Leon- did you notice that "square" was misspelled on your label? That's an error label.