NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-21-2006, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Default Anyone know this guy...Jim Pavlish from ABC Trading

Posted By: .

Old 04-21-2006, 09:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Kravitz

This will be my last post to on this subject. If Jim wants to send me my money that we agreed upon I will happily let everyone know that has lived up to his end of the agreement. Dr., I am not sure why you have asked these questions but here goes... Q1 - "The delivery confirmation clearly shows the package was delivered to you does it not?" A - I have no idea. He never shared that information with me. By the way who sends a $1,250.00 card through the mail with a confirmation only? Why not have someone sign for it, or maybe some insurance. If you didn't know it costs .80 cents more to get a signature confirmation. Q2 - "Why would you send a notarized letter to Jim stating someone else must of got your card when clearly the package shows it was delivered to you." A2 - Jim asked me to send him that letter for his records and his insurance company. I live in the city and we have a locked mailbox. If it was delivered to me I would have received it. Sorry. That confirmation card is worthless, if it even exists. Q3 - "Why not be a man and call Jim he is busy with the Mastronet auction tonight but he is still taking calls I just got off the phone with him and I was put on hold numerous times. Once again his phone number is 330-908-7020" A3 - I think I have contacted Jim enough with no response. If Jim wants to contact me he has my number. Jim knows the truth behind this story. He also knew that I was pissed and I was going to share it with our community. I will leave you with this. I would be pleased to post a thread that I received the money that Jim and I agreed upon. All he needs to do is send it to me. I will no longer post on this thread. Thank you all who spoke on my behalf. I’m done with my rant.

Old 04-21-2006, 10:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: ramram

Delivery Confirmation does not require a signature. It's simply provided by the Postal Service to indicate delivery. Sounds to me like; A) A Postal Employee noted it as delivered and stole it, or B) It was delivered to the mail box/po box but subsequently stolen before Dan got to it. If that is the case, then both got screwed...but I don't think that qualifies either of these two peolple as "scum".

Rob M.

Old 04-21-2006, 10:14 PM
Administrator

Old 04-21-2006, 10:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Kyle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KNHL9TK8C0&search=south%20park%20crap

Old 04-21-2006, 10:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JimB

Kyle,
That was hilarious. Thank you.
JimB

Old 04-21-2006, 11:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Kyle

Jim, glad you enjoyed it. I died laughing when I saw it on tv, and immediately went looking for a live link to the video. Its seems to be the trend of where some of the threads on this board go. A simple post about whether anyone has had any dealings with someone in the past ballooned into, well "crapping" on eachother.

Its almost the weekend, rejoice.

-Kyle-

Old 04-23-2006, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve

Mr. Taylor and Needles:

I will pay each one of you $1,250 American Dollars if this "mystery" delivery confirmation (showing it was signed for) is faxed to me within 24 hours.

My Fax:
773-247-3418

So, did anyone collect? I sure as hell would have thought that if the damn thing did exist that a copy would have been forthcoming.

Just goes to show (again) that there is always at least 2 sides to every story.

even something like this seems to be grey and not black and white.

Steve

Old 04-23-2006, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Aaron Seefeldt

You would think with a chance to collect $5,000 ($2500 from me and $2500 from Ted) as well as keep Dan's original $1250 AND still have the '38 Goudey Joe D. that Mr. Pavlish (a.k.a. Needles and the good Dr.) would have come up with the mysterious confirmation slip.

That's $7,250 plus a 1938 Joe D. or roughly $10,000.

But nope. Not a fax, not an email, heck not even a response.

Old 04-27-2006, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dr Taylor

Please see the enclosed letter from Mr Kravitz dated 2-13-06 acknowledging
the Post Office did indeed confirm delivery of the 1938 Goudey and asking Mr Pavlish for help. This post is not intended to make Mr Kravitz look like a liar even though I am sure after reading the document many will feel that way it is just made to set the record straight. Please make all Checks out to the Make a wish foundation as that will do all of us a lot more good than it would do Jim or myself.

edited to only make the scan smaller (moderator dude)

Old 04-27-2006, 08:43 PM
Administrator

Old 04-27-2006, 09:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Chris Counts

I can't help but notice this is up to 60 posts and we haven't heard a word from Mr. Pavlish. I know if someone out there was kicking my rear end all over cyberspace, I'd defend myself ...

Old 04-27-2006, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh K.

we've heard from mr pavlish - only he has decided to hide behind other IDs.

Old 04-27-2006, 09:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

nothing from the seller.....plus your notary has expired..........

Old 04-27-2006, 09:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: BlackSoxFan

Old 04-28-2006, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David Simon

That really sucks -- he should do the right thing and send you your money or the card.

The thing you should be aware of is discussing a private debt in a public forum is a major violation of Fair Debt Practice Act and could subject you to serious liability if he became aware of it.

You can ask for references, but disclosing the amount and terms of the debt is a no no.

My advice is get a collection lawyer to shake the money loose from him. Some of these guys will only charge you a couple hundred instead of the customary 1/3 if they can do it with some letters and phone calls. Your other option is small claims court, but I think the collection lawyer is the way to go here.

Did eBay do anything for you?

ds

Old 04-28-2006, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob S

As a disabled person, with little in the way of resources, I find that all this attacking, back and forth, leads to nothing positive.

I think this is an inappropriate thread for a public forum.

For me, at least, this puts another nail in the coffin of a wonderful hobby, and proves that in this era, it's all about money.

I feel sorry for all the kids who have been priced out of a hobby that gave me so much happiness in my youth.

And I feel equally sorry for the grown men who have (as demonstrated in this thread) turned a joyous innocence into a legal battle.

Yes, I am naive and overly hopeful, but I will not change into a cynical, sceptic for any reason.

Let's try to bring the happiness factor back to our wonderful hobby, which can possibly bring back, in these mean times, the days of wide eyed joy for the kids of this world.

Just my opinion.

Best to everyone.

Bob

returnaddress

Old 04-28-2006, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

Old 04-28-2006, 08:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

David R.- you make some good points. I do think Dr.Taylor needs to identify himself a little better. I know Dr.Duet and I email him frequently. His name is Darren..(hi Darren)..I still don't feel comfortable not calling Dr.'s by their medical designation though. These are some very strong allegations in this thread. If the good Dr. Taylor would email me privately or post his first name on the board it would be appreciated....regards

Old 04-28-2006, 08:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

"

Old 04-28-2006, 08:53 PM
Administrator

"The thing you should be aware of is discussing a private debt in a public forum is a major violation of Fair Debt Practice Act and could subject you to serious liability if he became aware of it.

You can ask for references, but disclosing the amount and terms of the debt is a no no."

David - while generally its a good idea to watch what you accuse people of, I dont believe that publishing this particular debt on this board vioalates the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. That Act prohibits certain conduct by "debt collectors" - including the publication of a list of consumers who dont pay their debts. However, even if an individual creditor is engaged in conduct intended to recover a debt, he/she is not likely to be deemed a debt collector as defined by the Act. The Act defines debt collector as:

"any person who uses any instrumentality of interstate commerce or the mails in any business the principal purpose of which is the collection of any debts, or who regularly collects or attempts to collect, directly or indirectly, debts owed or due or asserted to be owed or due another."

the definition goes on to state:

"the term includes any creditor who, in the process of collecting his own debts, uses any name other than his own which would indicate that a third person is collecting or attempting to collect such debts."

What you have here is an individual trying to collect a debt on his own behalf - not one owed or due another. Dan used his own name, but even if he didnt, its doubtful that the second part of the definition would apply since its unlikely that any forum id would indicate that the person is collecting a debt on behalf of another (ie as long as he doesnt state he is from Acme Collection Agency, I think he is fine and can post away).

Old 04-28-2006, 09:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I am sure what you say is true but this is not a democracy. This would be a private chatboard that one has to register for in order to participate. There would be a self anointed (I just wanted to say that word) dictator, myself. I don't want folks coming on the board and spouting off and not being known...that's all. I am not saying he can't post what he did...as I have done something similar before...but am well known and used my name....Am I missing something on that?

Old 04-28-2006, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Hey Leon -

I am in no way debating that the board rule requiring disclosure is a good thing. Im responding to dave simon's post in which he stated that dan should not post anything about someone owing him a debt because it violates the law. This is not true as I read the statute. That was my only point.