NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-10-2018, 04:09 PM
Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW View Post
When you consigned items to Bill, did you have to sign any type of contract? Was anything put in writing on any or all of those occasions? Just curious.
Yes. There was a written agreement and all items consigned were specifically noted. The last time was more than a decade ago, however.

Regards,

Larry

Last edited by ls7plus; 07-10-2018 at 04:15 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:47 PM

Thanks, all. It will be interesting to see how all this pans out.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:49 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Just because Bill got other items from Kranepool does not mean he got the Mantle jersey.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:12 PM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
Just because Bill got other items from Kranepool does not mean he got the Mantle jersey.
Shoots my hypothesis dead as a doornail however. Will be interesting to see what transpires.

With regard to who would take something like that as it would have no value, this is the first I am hearing about it. I assume whomever did this had over a year to stick someone with the thing. Also, anything of value will always have a black market. Some people simply want to possess things and value is no object. Look at Yogi Berras World Series rings. The next day that made national news. All valuewas gone at that point. But I don't think they have turned up again (though I could be mistaken).

Tom C
Old 07-10-2018, 06:33 PM
Peter Spaeth

So what the hell happened here?

Bill Goodwin just stealing a jersey in broad daylight from Ed Kranepool doesn't seem very likely to me.

Ed Kranepool just making up a story that Bill Goodwin took his jersey doesn't seem very likely either.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:43 PM
Todd Schultz

Again, the alleged text from Goodwin saying the jersey passed authentication is pretty probative if true. I would venture someone saved that text, and if the phone number matches up.......
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:52 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
Again, the alleged text from Goodwin saying the jersey passed authentication is pretty probative if true. I would venture someone saved that text, and if the phone number matches up.......
So Goodwin takes the jersey, authenticates it, tells Lader, then pulls a 180 and says he never had it?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:04 PM
Todd Schultz

I don't know. But the Defendant's lawyer or spokesman lawyer in the article claims that Goodwin/Beckett never took possession. I suppose it's possible someone else was responsible for it getting it to the authenticator and it never touched Goodwin's/Beckett's hands, but it seems to me that the AH would want to use its own expert to authenticate and would make arrangements. Why is Goodwin telling Kranepool or his agent that the jersey passed authentication--assuming the text exists and is attributed to Goodwin?
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:34 PM

If Ed’s anything like me, he’ll find it in another year or two hanging in the closet under that winter coat that I don’t wear anymore.

Mea Culpa.

Rob M.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:49 PM
G.ary L.eavitt

Default Goodwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
If this is true, someone had to submit the jersey for authentication. What company authenticated it? It is recent so they should have the paperwork signed by the submitter...
Old 07-11-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Was Goodwin wearing a turban?
That's AWESOME!!!
Old 07-11-2018, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scocs View Post
why would anyone want spencer lader as his business partner?
+100
Old 07-11-2018, 07:23 PM
Fred

I'm thoroughly confused here.

Does Goodwin have a Mantle jersey coming up for auction or one that was sold at auction recently? If so, there has to be pictures of it and if Ed has pictures of it then that could make his case but when you think about it, why would Bill do something like that, it's bad for business.... please don't say there's a half a million reasons because I'm sure he's auctioned off well more than that in the past and will continue to do so with his good reputation.

This is soooooo confusing....