NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 01-18-2020, 07:58 AM
Alan Strout

Default Brooks Robinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by orioles70 View Post
Another magazine cover easily found and inexpensive...not sure if these Scout magazines at that time were available on newsstands as they always seem to have mailing labels or the labels have been peeled off...makes him look like he had a shaving accident and has a band aid on his chin...anybody know if they were newsstand available

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Back in the day, when I was a Boy Scout, a subscription to Boys Life was an option as part of your membership renewal. If I remember right, it was encouraged, which probably means the Boy Scouts got some kind of kick back based upon the number of subscriptions. I'm guessing that's why they usually have mailing labels.
Old 01-18-2020, 08:27 AM
Jonathan Sterling

Default Johnny pro

This was a popular but common set when I began collecting. I think the first set I bought was at a show in Silver Spring MD. A great show I first met John Scott. Nick Schoff, Tim Collier, and spent a good portion of the show asking Paul Pollard Questions who was always patient with a 14 year old who beginning to learn about Baseball Cards. Great time in card collecting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l400 (14).jpg (20.2 KB, 164 views)
File Type: jpg s-l400 (15).jpg (19.8 KB, 166 views)
File Type: jpg s-l400 (16).jpg (17.6 KB, 167 views)
Old 01-18-2020, 11:00 AM
Alan Strout

Default Orioles 1971 Japan Tour

Here are a few publications from the Orioles tour in Japan after the 1971 season. Does anyone speak Japanese? I assume a couple of these are programs, based upon the inside, but not sure. One looks like it was published by a newspaper previewing the tour and the last two are like magazines. Some of them picture Brooks on the front.

Programs/Scorecards

1971 Japan Tour (Program #1).jpg 1971 Japan Tour (Program #2).jpg

Newspaper Preview

1971 Japan Tour (Daily Yomiuri).jpg

Japanese Magazines

1971 Japanese Magazine (Japan TourNovember 22).jpg 1971 Japanese Magazine (Japan TourNovember 29).jpg
Old 01-18-2020, 12:16 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltOrioles View Post
Here are a few publications from the Orioles tour in Japan after the 1971 season. Does anyone speak Japanese? I assume a couple of these are programs, based upon the inside, but not sure. One looks like it was published by a newspaper previewing the tour and the last two are like magazines. Some of them picture Brooks on the front.

Programs/Scorecards
Newspaper Preview
Japanese Magazines
These are some nice items. I’ve only seen the program/scorecard that you have in your collection so they must be very limited. I’d love to pick them up if I can ever locate examples.
Old 01-18-2020, 11:12 AM
Bill H@e1ig

I think the term "White Whale" gets thrown around the hobby a little too freely these days however I recently picked up something that's as close as a "White Whale" I'll ever see.

For well over 20 years, I've been looking for a ticket from May 6, 1984 in which Cal Ripken Jr. became only the 2nd Oriole in history to hit for the cycle (Brooksie was the other). The game was played on a Sunday afternoon in Arlington in front of only 13,224 fans.

I finally was able to pick this ticket up (a full ticket no less) from an eBay seller in France (of all places), who worded the auction awkwardly (thus avoiding attention):

Old 01-18-2020, 11:43 AM
Clint

Great pickup Bill. Do you have the ticket from Ripken’s first game of the streak?
Old 01-18-2020, 12:17 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarfrom34 View Post
I think the term "White Whale" gets thrown around the hobby a little too freely these days however I recently picked up something that's as close as a "White Whale" I'll ever see.

For well over 20 years, I've been looking for a ticket from May 6, 1984 in which Cal Ripken Jr. became only the 2nd Oriole in history to hit for the cycle (Brooksie was the other). The game was played on a Sunday afternoon in Arlington in front of only 13,224 fans.

I finally was able to pick this ticket up (a full ticket no less) from an eBay seller in France (of all places), who worded the auction awkwardly (thus avoiding attention):

Bill,

SO COOL!! Think we’re ready to see more Ripken items!
Old 01-18-2020, 12:12 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfanNY View Post
This was a popular but common set when I began collecting. I think the first set I bought was at a show in Silver Spring MD. A great show I first met John Scott. Nick Schoff, Tim Collier, and spent a good portion of the show asking Paul Pollard Questions who was always patient with a 14 year old who beginning to learn about Baseball Cards. Great time in card collecting.
I think this is a cool and undervalued set. I’ve seen a few of these graded and when more become slabbed I think it will increase in value. I also like that Brooks has the batting AND fielding example.
Old 01-22-2020, 04:40 PM
John

Here is a Frank Robinson from a 1971 Baltimore Sun poster set...the posters are about 14 x 22...I would like to complete the set but unsure how many are in the set...I have the Frank and six other Orioles and know the set has at least 12 posters...I have a checklist for #2-12 and presume Brooks is #1 since he is not in #2-12...anybody have additional info or a complete checklist

John

Old 01-22-2020, 05:05 PM

I have the Brooks so he surely was in the set of that helps.
Old 01-22-2020, 05:22 PM
M@rk Comer

Default 1971 Baltimore Sun

Quote:
Here is a Frank Robinson from a 1971 Baltimore Sun poster set...the posters are about 14 x 22...I would like to complete the set but unsure how many are in the set...I have the Frank and six other Orioles and know the set has at least 12 posters...I have a checklist for #2-12 and presume Brooks is #1 since he is not in #2-12...anybody have additional info or a complete checklist

John
John,

Mine has been cut out, but you get the idea...

1971 Baltimore Sun newspaper poster.jpg
Old 01-22-2020, 05:49 PM
Alan Strout

Default Baltimore Sun Posters

Quote:
There are 14 posters in the 1971 set

1. Brooks Robinson
2. Frank Robinson
3. Boog Powell
4. Dave McNally
5. Paul Blair
6. Mike Cuellar
7. Andy Etchebarren
8. Mark Belanger
9. Don Buford
10. Davey Johnson
11. Jim Palmer
12. Merv Rettenmund
13. Pat Dobson
14. Earl Weaver

I also have two 1972 Baltimore Sun Posters

Don Baylor and Bob Grich

and a 1971 Brooks Robinson from the Boston Globe dated 8/8/71

I'll try and post pics when I get back to Maine. I have some dupe 1971 Orioles. John, give me a shout in May and I'll see if I can help you complete the set.

Last edited by BaltOrioles; 01-22-2020 at 07:34 PM.
Old 01-22-2020, 06:59 PM
Tony

I picked up this Blade game worn jersey as a gift for my wife. Yup a game worn jersey for my wife for Christmas, what’s better than that? She worked with Mark’s son Rob for over 15 years and became very close with the whole family. Rob unfortunately passed away 3 years ago at the age of 47 from the same form of cancer that took Mark’s life at such a young age. I thought the jersey would be a great tribute to her friend who was just a tremendous person. She loves it and is still looking for the perfect place to showcase it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3771900D-F71D-4AD2-8A8D-C7D4AC7CF34C.jpg (14.3 KB, 166 views)
Old 01-23-2020, 02:13 AM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunzio11 View Post
I picked up this Blade game worn jersey as a gift for my wife. Yup a game worn jersey for my wife for Christmas, what’s better than that? She worked with Mark’s son Rob for over 15 years and became very close with the whole family. Rob unfortunately passed away 3 years ago at the age of 47 from the same form of cancer that took Mark’s life at such a young age. I thought the jersey would be a great tribute to her friend who was just a tremendous person. She loves it and is still looking for the perfect place to showcase it.
Tony,

That's awesome! I'm also partial to the orange jerseys; think they look great. Now get that Blade jersey displayed...

We're in Day 23 and Mark Belanger has been mentioned several times. I know he was one of my favorite Orioles and was, in my view, the best defensive shortstop on the Orioles (that's saying something in itself) and possibly one of the greatest in all of baseball.

Last edited by Mark70Z; 01-23-2020 at 02:15 AM.
Old 01-23-2020, 02:33 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Poll

If you haven't already take the poll that Clint set up: What Is Your Favorite Brooks Robinson Card? 1957 thru 1963

Should be fun to discuss...
Old 01-23-2020, 02:34 AM

Ezrine is definitely an Orioles sponsor. I can remember Chuck Thompson promoting them during his broadcast. I might be wrong with this but (it has been 40 plus years ) I feel Chuck would even give an address or a street location. Something like “ visit Ezrine for all your cars needs on Loch Raven Blvd “
Really unique photo Mark. Thanks for posting it and bringing back memories.

I just did a quick google search-no Ezrine on Loch Raven...only on Baltimore National Pike Belair. Maybe they had one on Loch Raven and closed up shop.

Last edited by quitcrab; 01-23-2020 at 05:17 AM.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:15 PM
John

Quote:
There are 14 posters in the 1971 set

1. Brooks Robinson

2. Frank Robinson

3. Boog Powell

4. Dave McNally

5. Paul Blair

6. Mike Cuellar

7. Andy Etchebarren

8. Mark Belanger

9. Don Buford

10. Davey Johnson

11. Jim Palmer

12. Merv Rettenmund

13. Pat Dobson

14. Earl Weaver

I also have two 1972 Baltimore Sun Posters

Don Baylor and Bob Grich

and a 1971 Brooks Robinson from the Boston Globe dated 8/8/71

I'll try and post pics when I get back to Maine. I always have some dupe 1971 Orioles. John, give me a shout in May and I'll see if I can help you complete the set.
I would certainly appreciate any help...I figured Brooks was #1 and was sure they must have had Dobson and Weaver in there...so I have half of the set...yay!

Old 01-23-2020, 02:06 AM
M@rk Comer

Day 23 (January 23, 2020 – 023)

I really don’t know much about this piece which is a couple of photos mounted to a wood frame with an engraved plaque. I’ve seen these a few times over the years with other Orioles players pictured as well. This one is for a Baltimore company, Ezrine Tire Company, and was displayed in their business in 1976. My guess would be that this company sponsored the Orioles in some way and were given these displays to hang on the wall for all their customers to see. Most of the photos I’ve seen on these wood frames, if not all, were taken by Jerry Wachter, a popular Orioles team photographer, who started during the 1970 season and worked until 2005. Jerry also did contract work for Topps and Sports Illustrated (SI used his photos on 32 covers; Jerry was an awesome photographer).

1976 Ezrine – Brooks Robinson

Day 23 a.jpg

I also have an example of Earl Weaver, with a photo mounted on a wood frame, from the Ezrine Tire Company from 1978. Earl was in his glory when he was around umpires.

1978 Ezrine – Earl Weaver

Day 23 b (2).jpg
Old 01-26-2020, 02:01 PM
John

I started a thread about a year ago and my first posting was about a 1967 Topps Boog Powell.
That post is repeated here for big #26...thanks for reading.

The thread is Meaningful Worthless cards.

I have thousands upon thousands of cards as do most of the people reading this and I have many of them displayed for people to see. My question is does anyone else have some cards displayed that only have value to you? I have 2 cards prominently displayed in my office that have absolutely no monetary value at all…I mean not even late 80’s Donruss commons value.

I have a 1967 Topps Boog Powell with a bad lower right corner…actually it has no corner. I was about 12 years old and an eager card collector and an Orioles fan…and still am. I started collecting in 1969 and really got into it in 1970. By 1972 I had accumulated a few thousand cards and I considered anything before 1969 as old cards and traded for them as often as I could and Oriole cards were my favorites. I had 2 classmates…more on them in my other worthless card story.…that collected and were regular trading partners. Like most kids of the day I kept all my cards sorted by team and in stacks with rubber bands. I would regularly sort and resort them…by position, year, card number, batting average and era, etc but always by team…and I read and analyzed the backs. In 1972 we got our first dog, a mixed beagle terrier pup with 4 white paws…we named her Boots. I often took my cards to school in a big cardboard box to trade at lunch or on the bus. I would require my own seat on the school bus due to the size of the box. We even traded during class when the teachers back was turned. One morning I left my cards in nice neat rubber banded stacks by team in my bedroom floor and went to school. I came home from school and to my horror our new pup had decided that of the 24 stacks the Orioles must have smelled the best and chewed on that stack. Many cards were ruined including Powell but he was a favorite so I decided to keep it. I replaced the Powell card many years later when building the set. I look at that card almost everyday in my office and am glad I kept it. Boots lived a long happy life and died while I was still living at home with my parents after I graduated from college and was working to save for a house that I bought and still live in. The card is worthless to anyone but me. I occasionally have a client that will ask why I have such a terrible Powell card displayed with his autographed ball. I always smile when they ask. Thanks Boots.

John

Old 01-26-2020, 04:57 PM
M@rk Comer

Default Boog Powell

John,

That is a great story and appreciate you sharing. I personally don’t think cards have to be pristine to be worth something. The stories and the memories behind them are really what’s important.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:09 AM
M@rk Comer

Default 1966 World Series

Day 27 (January 27, 2020 – 027)

Mike (Bocabirdman) posted an image of his Wallpaper of the end of the 1966 World Series; Orioles against the Los Angeles Dodgers. Today I’ve pictured a ceramic plate that commemorates the final out of the 1966 World Series showing Brooks, Andy Etchebarren, and Dave McNally. The plate is made by Conrad Crafters of Wheeling, WV.

The Baby Birds sweep the LA Dodgers in four straight.

Day 27 a.jpg

Last edited by Mark70Z; 01-27-2020 at 01:10 AM.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:16 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Joe Orsulak GU Helmet

Posted for Clint (ksfarmboy) Today Clint has a cool looking game used Joe Orsulak helmet signed by Frank, Brooks Jim and the gang...

Joe Orsulak GU signed helmet.jpg
Old 01-27-2020, 05:37 AM
Bill H@e1ig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
Day 27 (January 27, 2020 – 027)

Mike (Bocabirdman) posted an image of his Wallpaper of the end of the 1966 World Series; Orioles against the Los Angeles Dodgers. Today I’ve pictured a ceramic plate that commemorates the final out of the 1966 World Series showing Brooks, Andy Etchebarren, and Dave McNally. The plate is made by Conrad Crafters of Wheeling, WV.

The Baby Birds sweep the LA Dodgers in four straight.

Attachment 383041
Wow, that is something I have never seen before! Very cool

Bill
Old 01-27-2020, 06:29 AM
Mike Magee

Default 1966 Orioles plate

There's one on Ebay right now if anyone is interested in bidding on the plate:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-196...MAAOSwNQReLK-m
Old 01-27-2020, 07:19 AM
John
John Pur.cell

This is a payroll check from 1920, payable to Fritz Maisel and signed by him (endorses on back), John “Jack” Dunn, and John Dunn Jr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2020, 07:21 AM
John
John Pur.cell

1950’s Orioles Beer Stein.

Old 01-27-2020, 02:11 PM
John
John Pur.cell

Various pin-backs, a baby rattle, etc.

Old 01-27-2020, 02:48 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjp3rd View Post
This is a payroll check from 1920, payable to Fritz Maisel and signed by him (endorses on back), John “Jack” Dunn, and John Dunn Jr.
Quote:
1950’s Orioles Beer Stein.
I "really" like the signed check. I've been interested in the early O's, but have yet to jump into the mix. Thanks so much for posting the check.

I do have the O's stein, but it's cool seeing it displayed.
Old 01-28-2020, 04:48 PM
John
John Pur.cell

Quote:
I "really" like the signed check. I've been interested in the early O's, but have yet to jump into the mix. Thanks so much for posting the check.

I do have the O's stein, but it's cool seeing it displayed.

I also have this mug. Can you give me any insight about it?

Old 01-28-2020, 05:04 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
I also have this mug. Can you give me any insight about it?
Do you have a picture of it by chance?

I know the stein came in two different sizes.

Stein.jpg
Old 01-28-2020, 05:36 PM
John
John Pur.cell

Quote:
Do you have a picture of it by chance?

I know the stein came in two different sizes.

Attachment 383319

Old 01-27-2020, 02:59 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Various pin-backs, a baby rattle, etc.

John,

Great display!

Is there any way you could post an up close picture of the "Bomb em Birds" pin-back? I've been looking for one, that's in decent shape, for a while now and your example looks nice. It's one of my favorite sayings on a pin-back and/or banner.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:49 PM
John
John Pur.cell

Quote:
John,

Great display!

Is there any way you could post an up close picture of the "Bomb em Birds" pin-back? I've been looking for one, that's in decent shape, for a while now and your example looks nice. It's one of my favorite sayings on a pin-back and/or banner.

Sorry for the glare. The orange ribbon is a tad faded and has a tiny pin hole, but otherwise it’s in good shape.

Old 01-28-2020, 02:06 AM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Sorry for the glare. The orange ribbon is a tad faded and has a tiny pin hole, but otherwise it’s in good shape.
Yes; looks great to me. I need to find one of those one day... Thanks for posting the picture of the pin-back.

Last edited by Mark70Z; 01-28-2020 at 02:09 AM.
Old 01-28-2020, 02:09 AM
M@rk Comer

Day 28 (January 28, 2020 – 028)

On Day 28 I’m going to celebrate my late father’s birthday (January 28th) with the picture of a 20 year old Brooks with Carl Sawatski, at the time, with the Milwaukee Braves. I mentioned earlier that my dad was originally from NJ and when he was young he was friends with the Sawatski kids, (Marcella, Chester and Carl), when they lived in Mountain View, NJ. My father played both football and baseball with Carl when he was younger and followed Carl’s career in baseball. My dad really liked the Sporting News picture with Carl and Brooks since he was a fan of both of these great guys. It’s just a fond memory I have of my father telling me all about growing up and playing sports with some really tough and unique individuals (was definitely a different era).

Day 28 a.jpg
Old 01-28-2020, 10:54 AM
John
John Pur.cell

These season summaries are awesome!

Old 01-28-2020, 05:22 PM
John

There are various viewers...cartridges were front loaded...here are 2 examples...hold viewer with left hand and crank with right hand...can crank forward and backward as fast or slow as you want..need a well lit place...think if it as a Viewmaster with moving pictures...I have viewed most of what I have...they hold up well

John

Old 01-28-2020, 05:55 PM
John

I mentioned Viewmaster earlier...here are the 3 baseball reels and viewer

Old 01-28-2020, 06:11 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
I mentioned Viewmaster earlier...here are the 3 baseball reels and viewer
Any Orioles pictured on those? I remember having a ton of those when I was young (probably not really baseball related). If I can recall correctly I believe they were mostly dinosaurs.
Old 01-28-2020, 06:17 PM
M@rk Comer

Default 1997 Pinnacle

Bill,

Do you happen to have this one? I picked it up years ago just because I liked the look...

Ripken Pinnacle.jpg
Old 01-28-2020, 06:45 PM
Bill H@e1ig

Quote:
Bill,

Do you happen to have this one? I picked it up years ago just because I liked the look...

Attachment 383324
Mark...

Yes I do

Great Image!

Bill
Old 01-28-2020, 06:51 PM
Mike Magee

Here are a few pieces related to the 1966 Orioles. First is an invitation to an Open House with a watch party of highlights from the previous World Series. Since the party is in January 1966, that means it's Twins-Dodgers highlights. I'd love to find an invitation to the January 1967 party.

Second is a letter and envelope for a person receiving their tickets to the 1966 World Series.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg O's letter.jpg (39.8 KB, 162 views)
File Type: jpg O's envelope.jpg (72.5 KB, 166 views)
File Type: jpg O's invitation.jpg (65.4 KB, 165 views)
Old 01-28-2020, 07:11 PM

This thread is really good! Keep it up! Lots of good stuff posted today. I love to wake up every morning and see what Mark has already posted for the day. Nice seeing so much more than cards.
Old 01-28-2020, 07:13 PM

Default Pin

Great posts!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg adgreenstamps.jpg (36.3 KB, 168 views)
Old 01-29-2020, 01:59 AM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripfan008 View Post
Here are a few pieces related to the 1966 Orioles. First is an invitation to an Open House with a watch party of highlights from the previous World Series. Since the party is in January 1966, that means it's Twins-Dodgers highlights. I'd love to find an invitation to the January 1967 party.

Second is a letter and envelope for a person receiving their tickets to the 1966 World Series.
I love items like these. Plus you have the original mailing envelope; so cool. Thanks so much for sharing these two items.
Old 02-01-2020, 02:28 PM
John

Glad others like the Sportscaster set...it's one of my favorites...I was an original subscriber but stopped at some point while in college...I completed the set many years ago (all 2,184 cards) and also have all the booklets and digests...still have my original green filing tray and the coin...hard to tell how many variations there are...I have quite a few..the cards make nice autograph material...I think I have over 50 signed and over half of them are baseball...almost all were obtained in person at shows...a few were mailed out in the 80's...here are some of my signed ones I have on display

Old 02-01-2020, 06:35 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Glad others like the Sportscaster set...it's one of my favorites...I was an original subscriber but stopped at some point while in college...I completed the set many years ago (all 2,184 cards) and also have all the booklets and digests...still have my original green filing tray and the coin...hard to tell how many variations there are...I have quite a few..the cards make nice autograph material...I think I have over 50 signed and over half of them are baseball...almost all were obtained in person at shows...a few were mailed out in the 80's...here are some of my signed ones I have on display
John,

The Sportscaster cards look GREAT signed...
Old 02-01-2020, 07:30 PM
Alan Strout

Default 1977-79 Sportscaster cards

Quote:
Glad others like the Sportscaster set...it's one of my favorites...I was an original subscriber but stopped at some point while in college...I completed the set many years ago (all 2,184 cards) and also have all the booklets and digests...still have my original green filing tray and the coin...hard to tell how many variations there are...I have quite a few..the cards make nice autograph material...
Congrats on the complete set. Maybe you can help with a couple questions.

I've seen several references to the set being complete at 91 sets (2,184 cards).
That makes sense with 24 cards/set (91x24=2,184). However, the Mike Flanagan card I have is numbered 102-01. Does that mean the sets weren't sequentially numbered? I've also seen reference to set 103 being the final one.

Also, could you check to see if you have any other Orioles variations in your set not listed below

Brooks Robinson #16-07 - 1977 Lausanne, 1977 Lausanne A, 1979 Geneva B

Earl Weaver (Lingo II) #18-16 - 1978 Lausanne

Jim Palmer #26-15 - 1978 Lausanne, 1979 Geneva A, 1979 Geneva B, 1979 Geneva C

Memorial Stadium #58-12 - 1979 Lausanne

Frank Robinson #59-20 - 1979 Lausanne, 1979 Geneva A

Mike Flanagan #102-01 - 1979 Geneva, 1979 Geneva A

Thanks in advance for any information.
Old 02-02-2020, 12:06 AM
John

Quote:
Congrats on the complete set. Maybe you can help with a couple questions.

I've seen several references to the set being complete at 91 sets (2,184 cards).

That makes sense with 24 cards/set (91x24=2,184). However, the Mike Flanagan card I have is numbered 102-01. Does that mean the sets weren't sequentially numbered? I've also seen reference to set 103 being the final one.

Also, could you check to see if you have any other Orioles variations in your set not listed below

Brooks Robinson #16-07 - 1977 Lausanne, 1977 Lausanne A, 1979 Geneva B

Earl Weaver (Lingo II) #18-16 - 1978 Lausanne

Jim Palmer #26-15 - 1978 Lausanne, 1979 Geneva A, 1979 Geneva B, 1979 Geneva C

Memorial Stadium #58-12 - 1979 Lausanne

Frank Robinson #59-20 - 1979 Lausanne, 1979 Geneva A

Mike Flanagan #102-01 - 1979 Geneva, 1979 Geneva A

Thanks in advance for any information.
I will check my O's cards when I get a chance

Old 02-01-2020, 07:35 PM
John

The series are numbered 1-88 and 101-103 for the total of 91 series at 24 cards each