NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 09-29-2013, 10:07 PM
G@ry Sƈ@m.ҽh.0ɾn

Love the work! Truly an amazing talent! Love the color ranges used. Have you ever tried using a different medium when painting?
Old 09-30-2013, 02:57 PM

I haven't added my two cents in a while but have been checking the thread now and again. Fantastic work as usual Graig particularly the almost surreal Zulu and Cobb rounding third. I never noticed the apparent disinterest of the fielders in the famous Cobb photo. I assume it was a set up shot before a game?
Old 09-30-2013, 04:54 PM
Graig Kreindler

Thanks so much for the kind words, guys!

GoCubsGo32, for the past decade or so I've only really used oils for painting. I used to try and work with acrylic, but I found it too plastic-feeling for my like. And watercolors, man, a harder medium there never was. One day, I'd like to learn more about using them, maybe in a manner similar to some of my heroes. But for now, I think it's only gonna be oils.

Howie, I think you're right about it being a pre-game thing. I had never really paid attention to those other chaps on the field before, but yeah, they're certainly not taking the action too seriously. I almost got the impression the crowd was starting to file into the bleachers anyways. I just wish I could get more info on the image, but I guess for now I'll have to be satisfied with just the year.

My photographers just finished up this last piece of Eli Manning:

Not super duper exciting on its own, but when it's sandwiched in between its two brothers, ya got an exciting triptych (in my opinion).

Anywho, I hope ya'll dig these too!

Thanks again for writing.

Graig
Old 11-19-2013, 02:00 PM
Graig Kreindler

Hey all,

I just picked up these two guys from the photographers and thought I'd share 'em.

Tris Speaker, 1916, 16" x 20"

Shin Hashido, 1903, 12" x 18"

They were both a lot of fun on different levels. The Tris was an image I've always loved, as I feel like Conlon just captured that glare so perfectly. And the Hashido was just sooooo friggin' cool to learn about. It's amazing to think of how much we STILL don't know about our neighbors in the Land of the Rising Sun. Hashido just looks like such a bad@$$.

Anywho, I hope you guys enjoy 'em.

Thanks for reading!

Graig
Old 11-19-2013, 03:00 PM
pariah1107

Graig, the Hashido portrait just detonated my mind! Please excuse me while I sweep up the pieces.....

Absolutely Beautiful.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:01 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Friggin' awesome.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:49 PM
Bill Boyd

Graig,
Wow, a couple more home runs. Great work.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:40 PM

Default Bueno!

Graig,

Um....umm......well...yeah, I have nothing...no words.

I just wonder how you view the various things you see during everyday life in the city. Sunlight off of a windshield...faces of passersby...texture of brick...details? I think that you view everyday things a bit differently than we do.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:48 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

Once again Greg. Just beautiful.
Drew
Old 11-19-2013, 09:51 PM
Graig Kreindler

Thank you so much, guys. I really appreciate the kind words.

Curt, pretty much everything I see ends up translating into something relating to how I think about the language of painting. It really sounds flaky, I know, but it's the truth. I'm just always looking at nature and trying to see how I can disseminate those observations into my own work, as well as how I think about making art. I guess in that sense, I see things in a different way than some other people. Actually, it's hard for my brain to even get out of that mode. Having obsessions and working as an artist can be quite an interesting combination.

Thanks again for reading, everyone.

Graig

Last edited by GKreindler; 11-19-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:12 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Graig,
Wow.
The Hashido dude looks like he's about to kick someone's a$$.
Once again...Incredible stuff.

Any update on the 27 Yanks?

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 11-20-2013, 07:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKreindler View Post
Hey all,

I hope nobody minds, but I figured that I would start a thread for whatever's going on in my studio. Well, anything that I think is worthy of posting, that is.

I figure that if everyone's cool with it, I can show some finished pieces here, as it's taking a while for me to get my website fully updated. Additionally, I can show some in-progress shots of other things, be they commissions or for my inventory. Just know that the quality of the photos I take myself aren't even close to that of the ones I have done professionally!

Speaking of whom, I just picked these up from those photographers:

Babe Ruth, 1927, 9"x12"

Joe DiMaggio, 1933 (I think), 9"x12"

Lou Gehrig, 1936, 16"x20"

The Ruth portrait is already spoken for by a fellow board member, but if anyone is interested in the other two, feel free to drop me a line.

And as usual, comments/critiques/rotten tomatoes are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Graig

PS: Oh, and special thanks to Jimmy for allowing me to use some of his images for these bad boys!
You are so talented. Amazing work! I wish I could afford at least one painting. Speechless
Old 11-20-2013, 08:06 PM
Hank

Graig,

Awesome work as always! I talked to Dean last week and your work is amazing. Look forward to helping where I can.

Hank
Old 11-21-2013, 03:43 PM
Graig Kreindler

Thank you all for the kind words, especially on the Hashido. I was pretty worried as to how it would be received.

Mark, I'll get a progress shot of the '27 team shot up here soon. It's still coming along super slowly, but as long as it's moving forward, I'm not gonna complain.

Hank, I didn't know you had spoken to Dean. I hope it's not a bad thing!

Here's another I got back from the photographers today:

Rube Waddell, 1902, 26" x 30"

It appears a tiny bit dark in this shot, as I'm still in the progress of making the necessary color corrections. But, the feeling is there.

Anywho, I had always thought it was a really cool image, and as I'm sure you guys know, finding action shots of Rube from any time period is not easy feat. Once I saw this one, I couldn't resist. And the fact that he's warming up at the Huntington Ave Grounds in Boston adds a really awesome flavor to it, in my opinion.

Hope y'all dig it!

Graig
Old 11-21-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Thank you all for the kind words, especially on the Hashido. I was pretty worried as to how it would be received.

Mark, I'll get a progress shot of the '27 team shot up here soon. It's still coming along super slowly, but as long as it's moving forward, I'm not gonna complain.

It appears a tiny bit dark in this shot, as I'm still in the progress of making the necessary color corrections. But, the feeling is there.

Anywho, I had always thought it was a really cool image, and as I'm sure you guys know, finding action shots of Rube from any time period is not easy feat. Once I saw this one, I couldn't resist. And the fact that he's warming up at the Huntington Ave Grounds in Boston adds a really awesome flavor to it, in my opinion.

Hope y'all dig it!

Graig
Beautiful painting of Rube, Graig!!!
Old 11-21-2013, 04:49 PM
Graig Kreindler

Thanks, Scott!
Old 11-21-2013, 07:59 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:

Hope y'all dig it!

Graig
Good gracious, you mean it's going to get BETTER?!
Old 11-22-2013, 05:37 PM
Graig Kreindler

Thanks a lot, Lance.

By the way, I don't know how many of you are fans of my Facebook art page, but I posted an announcement regarding a sale on these 9" x 12" and 11" x 14" paintings:

Dean has been bitching that I'm becoming a hoarder of these smaller guys, and is convinced they're taking up much-needed space in the studio (for larger stuff, I guess). So, I figured that for the holidays, I'd offer them up at a 15% discount for anyone who wants them. I believe the only one spoken for is the Gehringer.

Anywho, if any of y'all are interested, shoot me a message and I'll give ya the info.

Thanks,

Graig
Old 11-22-2013, 07:33 PM
Banned

Somehow an amazing photo of Sandy Koufax got mixed up in your paintings.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:46 AM

Default Amazing!

This is the first time ive seen this thread. Wow, these paintings are amazing! I like the Gehrig Luckiest man picture the best but they are all great. Keep 'em coming!
Old 11-23-2013, 12:06 PM
Graig Kreindler

Thanks a lot, guys!

Graig
Old 11-23-2013, 04:36 PM
KWT

Graig, Do you ever make or sell prints of you artwork? Please say you do.

Last edited by ktimm; 11-23-2013 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 11-23-2013, 07:11 PM
James C
Dennis Choraz.yczewski

I would think that the buyers that purchase his original paintings wouldn't want him to sell prints. Wouldn't that devalue the original work?
Old 11-23-2013, 09:35 PM
KWT

Good point. Maybe it would? I'm just wishing I could get some copies of his art.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:55 AM
Graig Kreindler

Thanks for the kind words, KWT. Unfortunately I do not sell reproductions of my work at this time. It's possible that in the future, if the right opportunity presents itself, I may consider it.

However, I'm happy to say that a book is FINALLY in the works. Like, officially. Which is weird. And awesome. But mostly weird.

Graig
Old 11-24-2013, 07:24 AM
Bill Boyd

Graig,

A Book!!!! That sounds great. I am now officially on your waiting list for that book.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:53 AM
James C
Dennis Choraz.yczewski

I would purchase the book myself.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:13 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
However, I'm happy to say that a book is FINALLY in the works. Like, officially. Which is weird. And awesome. But mostly weird.

Graig
Hot dog! I'm gonna go ahead and reserve a space at the psych ward, because I have no doubt that seeing that much Kreindlercolor in one place is going to blow my mind! Seriously, I can't wait.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:16 AM

I'm in!
Old 11-24-2013, 10:03 AM
Graig Kreindler

I'm definitely super-stoked about the whole thing. We're still in the very beginning stages of design, as my brother's in charge of that department right now (he's the graphic designer). But here's a little peak at a mock-up that we're going to be using as a launch pad:

So far, the goal will be to have at least one painting on each page, with the panoramics taking up two. I'll have narratives for all of them, as well as the title, size, year completed, and if he/she wishes, the name of the collector who owns the piece. The book will have at least 50 images, and we're definitely hoping for more, especially since ideally, we'd love it to be an 11" x 17" coffee table thing (!!!).

Though in the end, I guess we'll see what's what when we're further along in the process.

Color me excited!

Graig
Old 11-24-2013, 12:02 PM
David McDonald

Best news I've had all day.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
I'm definitely super-stoked about the whole thing. We're still in the very beginning stages of design, as my brother's in charge of that department right now (he's the graphic designer). But here's a little peak at a mock-up that we're going to be using as a launch pad:

So far, the goal will be to have at least one painting on each page, with the panoramics taking up two. I'll have narratives for all of them, as well as the title, size, year completed, and if he/she wishes, the name of the collector who owns the piece. The book will have at least 50 images, and we're definitely hoping for more, especially since ideally, we'd love it to be an 11" x 17" coffee table thing (!!!).

Though in the end, I guess we'll see what's what when we're further along in the process.

Color me excited!

Graig
Awesome!
Graig, thanks for including my Vandy. I'm stoked!
Old 11-24-2013, 09:14 PM
Graig Kreindler

You're welcome, Scott! I can't think of having the book WITHOUT the Vandy.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:35 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Graig,
First off., congratulations, it is well deserved.
Second, it's about damn time.

Can I reserve my autographed copy now?

FYI, if you are going to use my painting, feel free to use my name as well.

Mark.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Old 11-25-2013, 08:38 PM
Graig Kreindler

Thanks, Mark! I'm not exactly sure whether the Gehrig will be in there, but it's definitely on the list of contenders.

Don't send congrats yet - save 'em for if and when this thing actually comes to fruition. I'm super stoked for it, but since it's still so early in the process, I can't get too excited yet.

But all of my phalanges are crossed.

Graig
Old 11-25-2013, 08:58 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

That Vander Meer just gets better everytime I look at it. Just a beautiful portrayal, and a perfectly composed image.

I know it's not up for vote, but sure hope that Jackie Robinson with the "shadowy background" makes it into the Book as well
Old 11-25-2013, 09:29 PM

Graig,
Count me in as well for a copy of your book. Your work continues to amaze me. I love to see your latest work that you post on twitter and share it often with my friends. The last friend said "that's a painting?" Please do list me as the collector of 1939 Gehrig pose if it makes the book.
Jamie
Old 11-27-2013, 02:38 PM
Graig Kreindler

Thanks so much for the kind words, guys.

Mark, it's definitely in contention. Hopefully it'll find it's way in there one way or another. I'm definitely happy that Vandy will make the cut - I still think it's such a cool image.

Jamie, thanks for the permission. Whenever we figure out exactly which ones we want to use, I'm sure we'll be sending out a lot of emails about the whole venture, asking for permission and what-not, and detailing what the whole process entails. Or at least, I would imagine that's what will happen.

But regardless, I am thrilled you still like your painting. And thank you for continuing to share my work with your friends!

Graig

Last edited by GKreindler; 11-27-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
That Vander Meer just gets better everytime I look at it. Just a beautiful portrayal, and a perfectly composed image.

I know it's not up for vote, but sure hope that Jackie Robinson with the "shadowy background" makes it into the Book as well
I agree with Mark on the Jackie Robinson as well.
That has to be one of your most awe-inspiring paintings, Graig...
Old 11-28-2013, 04:29 PM
Graig Kreindler

Aww, thanks Scott. I liked it a lot too, so I'm hoping it gets in there. I know we'll have at least one Jackie image in there, but a horizontal might work a little better design-wise. Or we might be able to get them both to work. I guess it remains to be seen.

I still wonder whether the stuff I'm finishing up over the next few months will make it, too. Hopefully I can get the '27 Yanks painting done for that.

Graig
Old 11-28-2013, 09:50 PM
Phil Nap

Quote:
Hopefully I can get the '27 Yanks painting done for that.

Graig
So step on it !!!
Old 11-28-2013, 10:23 PM
Graig Kreindler

Old 12-25-2013, 10:58 AM
Graig Kreindler

Hey all,

Just wanted to wish everyone a very happy and healthy holiday. Hope you're all keeping warm.

And, thanks for all of the love and support this year (as well as those prior)!

Graig
Old 12-25-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Hey all,

Just wanted to wish everyone a very happy and healthy holiday. Hope you're all keeping warm.

Graig
Thanks Graig! Happy holidays my friend!
Scott
Old 12-25-2013, 06:06 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Hey all,

Graig
Right back at you half pint.

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 12-25-2013, 06:51 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
Right back at you half pint.
Half Pint!
Ben,
I think Graig is worth at least a full pint!(Black and Tan preferred)
Mark

Old 01-13-2014, 04:05 PM
Graig Kreindler

Hey all,

Hope this post finds everyone well and warm.

Things in New York have been pretty up and down in terms of the weather, and as a result, pretty much everyone I know has had some sort of cold over the past two weeks, myself included. As silly as a statement it may be, I absolutely hate being sick.

However, I have been able to get back to work over the past few days, which has made me much happier! I've got a lot of stuff going on right now (both on the easel and off), so I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed with the workload - my photographers are gonna be pretty darn busy over the next few months.

Here are some portrait scans I got back from them today:

Hank Greenberg, 1933, 16" x 20"

Fred Merkle, 1908, 11" x 14"

Bob Shawkey, 1926, 9" x 12"

George Case, July 11, 1939, 9" x 12"

I enjoyed painting them all, but I think I got a kick out of Merkle the most. I had always wanted to paint the man, and finding an image like that from 1908 (from Chicago, no less) was just what I was hoping for. What a face he had!

I have some more portraits going out in the next few weeks too, so they'll be more where they came from. Also, I have a couple of commissions from the board that I'm FINALLY getting photographed, so I'm sure Dean will be in touch with those fellas soon, too.

Anywho, hope you enjoy 'em. And feel free to comment/critique/share/whatever.

Graig
Old 01-15-2014, 02:05 PM
Graig Kreindler

Hey all,

I forgot that I hadn't posted one of my favorites of the new bunch:

Cy Young, 1909, 20" x 16"

I enjoyed the hell out of painting this one. Young's eyes tell the entire story - what stories they had to tell! Adding some emphasis on the wrinkles and playing with the contrast of his face against the back wall of the dugout hopefully gives it the glow I had hoped it would have.

Anywho, again, any thoughts or crits are always appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

Graig
Old 01-15-2014, 02:32 PM
Chris Wood

Quote:
Hey all,

I forgot that I hadn't posted one of my favorites of the new bunch:

Cy Young, 1909, 20" x 16"

I enjoyed the hell out of painting this one. Young's eyes tell the entire story - what stories they had to tell! Adding some emphasis on the wrinkles and playing with the contrast of his face against the back wall of the dugout hopefully gives it the glow I had hoped it would have.

Anywho, again, any thoughts or crits are always appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

Graig

Great stuff! The Merkle and Young are especially fantastic.

Last edited by baseball tourist; 01-15-2014 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-15-2014, 02:35 PM
Greg Ryk0w$k1

That Cy Young is great!!