NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-16-2019, 11:13 AM
C@rl P@rk

Default Custom Card Ad signs by Vinny Buzzella

Not sure if anyone has posted about this before but if you've ever wanted a vintage advertising piece but couldn't find or afford the real thing, there is a guy named Vinny Buzzella and his company, Shabby Shore Signs, who is making incredible pieces of art, inspired by the vintage logos and ad copy. I got mine today and am compelled to share. They look and feel incredibly authentic and are just beautiful. He made the two attached for me, and I've seen many other gorgeous pieces. Check out his site and see what he can do for your mancave or office. He is a truly nice guy and is very accommodating in customizing your piece.

Let's see some more signs!

https://shabbyshoresign.com/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1975.jpg (81.0 KB, 437 views)
File Type: jpg Polar Bear.jpg (78.4 KB, 435 views)
Old 05-16-2019, 11:52 AM
Tom Boblitt

Have seen these all over Facebook groups and have been wanting to buy one. Need to take the plunge.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:01 PM
qualitycards

They look great!
But my 1st thought was, what seller will list these as genuine & try to capitalize on them?
Old 05-18-2019, 03:40 PM

That was a great worry of mine that anyone would sell these as authentic. A few years back locally I caught a guy doing that when I used to physically paint these and paint them on period wood. Only a handful of those exist on old wood. Everything I do now is on 3/4" pine plywood, And printed with a commercial grade flatbed. The aging process is mostly stain and beating them up with a hammer and sandpaper. I believe now only an idiot would believe these are anything but a replica. Well at least I hope. I now have a "Shabby Shore Sign" branding stamp that I just got with my signature and the date 2019 so that will also be used, plus the backs aren't finished (not that no one can alter them) But I already took the necessary steps to assure collectors don't do anything but hang them in their collection. 100 years from now....well maybe a different story..lol.
So with that said, Thank you so much for the kind words and if anyone would like to get a hold of me directly my email is :
buzzy12@comcast.net
Old 05-21-2019, 10:52 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

They are great looking display pieces. I believe, not too long ago, I mentioned the description as how TO market a replica piece. There are so many ebayers trying to defraud people with their descriptions and it is refreshing to see transparency and accurate descriptions. Welcome to the forum too, Vinnie.

Last edited by Leon; 05-22-2019 at 07:51 AM.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:05 PM
Dan

I have 5 of Vinnys Signs and couldnt be happier! Good quality and very affordable!
Old 10-06-2020, 09:38 AM
Brian Macdonald

Just checked their Facebook page and it hasn't been updated since April/2020

And their website is inaccessible

Are they still selling signs?
Old 10-06-2020, 06:59 PM
Matt

Yea he's still selling . Reach out to him on facebook and if that doesn't work , message me and I'll give you his number . He kind of put a lock on the website for a little but because of all the work he was getting from ebay , facebook and his local buyers .

Matt Bub13@aol.com
Always looking for 40k Kork Grip Bats, Babe Ruth, Honus Wagner, Ty Cobb, Lou Gehrig and Joe Jackson Bats & Gloves
http://oldbaseballbats.webs.com/