NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-19-2017, 02:51 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

What pisses me off about this is that his lawyer came out with a statement implying that he would never had committed suicide, even though there were a number of things jammed up against the cell door - from the inside - keeping anyone from stopping him from what he decided to do.

Isn't it time for him and all those who believed in Hernandez to finally admit that they really did not know him as well as they thought?

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 04-19-2017, 03:08 PM
Al Wright

AMF. And I don't mean adios my friend!

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I think someone said in a movie once, "Pantangeli's small potatoes."

I live for the day that those two freaks that did that home invasion in Connecticut a few years ago are found dead in their cells - and not from hanging.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:34 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Killed some hard working dude who accidentally bumped into him at a club. Unreal. No tears shed here that this guy is off the earth.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:45 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Killed some hard working dude who accidentally bumped into him at a club. Unreal. No tears shed here that this guy is off the earth.
Wow. The court of public opinion's lack of faith in the judicial system can be breathtaking sometimes.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:48 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Don't know what that last comment means. He was convicted of first degree murder, was he not? Maybe I'm confusing the facts of what he was convicted of. And just because someone was not convicted of a crime does not mean he didn't do it. It means his guilt could not be established by the State beyond a reasonable doubt. See OJ Simpson.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 04-19-2017 at 03:51 PM.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:52 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
Don't know what that last comment means. He was convicted of first degree murder, was he not?
The first murder charge, yes. The second, where the drink spilling occurred, he was just acquitted on.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:49 PM

Trash. Glad to see he's gone.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:52 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Don't know what that last comment means. He was convicted of first degree murder, was he not? Maybe I'm confusing the facts of what he was convicted of. And just because someone was not convicted of a crime does not mean he didn't do it. It means his guilt could not be established by the State beyond a reasonable doubt. See OJ Simpson.
However there appeared to be a lot more doubt on that second case versus the OJ case in terms of whether a guilty verdict was expected.

I know i would of been shocked that he would of been found guilty in that second murder trial considering the terrible witnesses involved etc. The OJ case to me it was more shocking of a not guilty verdict even though not totally shocking. I think you cant compare those two cases.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 04-19-2017 at 06:53 PM.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:19 PM
Geno W@gn&r

Default No loss

A gain for society. They should have more sheets in prison, with hooks from the ceiling and how-to videos. I grew up in Chicago and it makes me sick to see the scum that kill innocent people.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:15 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
Wow. The court of public opinion's lack of faith in the judicial system can be breathtaking sometimes.
Yes but it has been well earned.

I feel sorry for everyone involved. No matter how bad someone is there are people that loved them and will miss them dearly.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:40 AM
Jason Wells

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Yes but it has been well earned.

I feel sorry for everyone involved. No matter how bad someone is there are people that loved them and will miss them dearly.
I agree with you Ben. They consequences of ones actions are felt by family maybe more than the individual themselves.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:30 AM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
What pisses me off about this is that his lawyer came out with a statement implying that he would never had committed suicide, even though there were a number of things jammed up against the cell door - from the inside - keeping anyone from stopping him from what he decided to do.

Isn't it time for him and all those who believed in Hernandez to finally admit that they really did not know him as well as they thought?
Guilty or not I'm not buying that this was a suicide. It seems just as likely that the number of things jammed up against the door were staged to help someone else get away with murder.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:45 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
Guilty or not I'm not buying that this was a suicide. It seems just as likely that the number of things jammed up against the door were staged to help someone else get away with murder.

The items were, reportedly, jammed up against the door on the INSIDE and he was in a single person cell...come on Sherlock...think!

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 04-20-2017, 11:53 AM

I don't really understand the conspiracy theories either. I mean, this guy was HUGE. It would take more than one person to subdue him enough to hang him and I don't hear anyone reporting any external injuries on him.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:40 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Always expect conspiracy theories.

I remember when a collector showed me an original item he'd won at auction that he was worried was a fake. He brought up all these details, which I said weren't a problem. I finally said "You're just going to have to accept the fact that it's authentic."

Last edited by drcy; 04-20-2017 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:48 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
The items were, reportedly, jammed up against the door on the INSIDE and he was in a single person cell...come on Sherlock...think!
Don't let the facts get in the way of baseless speculation now.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:12 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Who reported that? A prison official? Has anyone seen proof of what was jammed up against the door, or that only Hernandez could have done it? If that has been released I haven't seen it. Until then I will have my doubts. If nothing else the timing alone is suspicious.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:14 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Who reported that? A prison official? Has anyone seen proof of what was jammed up against the door, or that only Hernandez could have done it? If that has been released I haven't seen it. Until then I will have my doubts. If nothing else the timing alone is suspicious.
My God, can we please move off of Hernandez? He was a piece of garbage, period....Also, the timing of his suicide could be in accordance with his former team going to the White House on the same day..Depression maybe?

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 04-20-2017 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:15 PM
Jeff

I just saw this card. Polar opposites I guess.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (77.3 KB, 270 views)

Always looking for interesting pre-war baseball & hockey postcards!

Last edited by jb217676; 04-20-2017 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:34 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

This is just too much....If you made a movie about it nobody would believe it. ESPN in the last two days has consumed their programming with this animal. Please people forget the fact that he was a great NFL tight end, he was an absolute thug that had tons of money, but still wanted to be a thug...I feel bad for his 4 yr. old daughter, but screw him big time...

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 04-20-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:13 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Guess the medical examiner/DA's office who ruled it a suicide are in on the plot, and the three suicide notes they found are fake too.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 04-20-2017 at 06:16 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:43 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Guess the medical examiner/DA's office who ruled it a suicide are in on the plot, and the three suicide notes they found are fake too.
+1 big time, this is just too much......Move on people!
Old 04-20-2017, 08:04 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
It was initially reported that there was no suicide note. Now they found not only 1, but 3. If I see a hand writing analyst's report that he did write the letters I will believe it. For now I have my doubts.

If he knew this was the only way to pass his estate to his daughter, because his first conviction would be vacated, then the timing and suicide make sense.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:19 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
It was initially reported that there was no suicide note. Now they found not only 1, but 3. If I see a hand writing analyst's report that he did write the letters I will believe it. For now I have my doubts.

If he knew this was the only way to pass his estate to his daughter, because his first conviction would be vacated, then the timing and suicide make sense.
It's a conspiracy!! And the DA is part of the cover up.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 04-20-2017 at 08:24 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:31 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:

I know some handwriting analyst's who will say anything about anyone's handwriting. We have discussed all their attributes on Net54.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow