NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-12-2012, 08:31 AM
Scott Mt. Joy

Default Using Paypal Invoices

Hi all,

I just wanted to bring up PayPal and using their invoices. I started to a few months ago because of some issues I had and wanted to let everyone know what they are, how to use them, and why.

I started using them because of an incident where I was purchasing a card from a BST and the seller wanted it to be paid by PayPal gift. I somehow entered the wrong email and the money went to someone else I had done business with before. The way PayPal gift works is there are no fees but you don’t have any recourse once the money is sent, it voids all PayPal buyer protections and beyond that only the person receiving the money can cancel it and PayPal can do nothing to help you if anything happens. It took a few phone calls to get to the bottom of it and I was finally able to convince them to cancel the transaction to get my money back, what a pain. I also had a friend with an incident where the buyer made a typo on giving them their email address and the money got sent to someone randomly and they were never able to recover it as they never got any reply from that email account the money was sent to, ouch.

During all this I decided to call PayPal and find out what all I could do to help protect myself from this happening again. They recommended that I use a PayPal invoice anytime I sell something so I have proof of the transaction and it also gives the buyer the option to pay however they want and they know I will receive the money. They can still pay with fees and get buyer protection but can choose gift option also. From a sellers stand point it gives me a record of the sale and also lets me print postage labels to the buyer to make it easy to ship them their card out to a confirmed address.

I have been very happy using them and just wanted to let the board know what I had found out.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Brian Horne

I would think an invoice for the gift option would be a red flag to paypal that you are breaking the rules.

I don't normally write out an invoice when I receive a "gift".
Old 04-12-2012, 09:13 AM
Scott Mt. Joy

I hear what you are saying but anyone on here using the gift choice when "buying" a card is breaking the PayPal TOS. By issuing an invoice you the seller leave how it is paid up to the buyer.

Also know if you have money in your paypal account there are no fees when using it so no reason to use the gift option at all.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:18 PM
James Wymer

It has been awhile since I checked, but invoices were a rather expensive subscription service. I really do not need paypal for all of my credit card services.
Always accepting quality consignments
Old 04-13-2012, 06:56 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wymers Auction View Post
It has been awhile since I checked, but invoices were a rather expensive subscription service. I really do not need paypal for all of my credit card services.
Not sure about before, but it's free to use paypal invoices. I use them all of the time.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:39 PM
Dave

I've been sending Paypal invoices for awhile. It's pretty handy for non-Ebay stuff.

Last edited by D. Bergin; 04-13-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:56 AM
James Wymer

Thanks Gary I will look into that. I checked and I stand corrected on that. Thanks for the help.
Always accepting quality consignments