NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-26-2009, 09:14 AM
Mike

Default The collecting spirit.

As has always been the case - regardless of the difference between members - the collecting spirit is alive and well on the board. For that, I'm sincerely grateful. In a separate thread, I mentioned needing only 3 cards to complete the T207 set and asked those going to the National to keep an eye out. Since then board members have come forward and offered cards to help push this over the finish line.

The list now stands at just one - Donnelly.

A sincere thank you to Rob D for the Birmingham (I'll get you a good Naps/Cycle replacement!), Bill T for the Nelson (and serious T207 envy), and Robert A for continued support, enthusiasm and a couple of key cards to reinvigorate me when things were really slow. Robert, you're so close as well... keep it up!

I'd like to recognize everyone that has helped out, but there are so many (~75) that have helped out over the last 3+ years. The list below is those of you've I've worked with via the board, and is certainly not complete - apologies if I've left anyone out!

A partial list of "enablers" includes: Scott B, Patrick M, Paul S, Scott G, Dan K, Mike W, Kevin H, Chris S, Brian M, Leon, and last - but never ever least David B... where does he keep coming up with those cards?

Thank you all.
--
Mike Frohme
Old 07-26-2009, 09:17 AM
Chris / prewarprints.com

Very nice to hear more good news. And an early congrats on finishing your set!

"A collecting spirit embiggens the smallest man"
Old 07-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Matt Wieder

Mike - congrats! I'll keep my eyes opened for ya!
Old 07-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Barry Arnold

Default spirit

Mike,
your spirit is contagious!!!
and congrats for being one AWAY.

best,
barry
Old 07-26-2009, 12:33 PM
Bruce Babcock

Wow, Congrats, Mike. I have a Birmingham but have been looking for an upgrade for several years with no luck. I think he's tougher than advertised. Good luck with the Donnelly.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:04 PM

Mike- Congrats and good luck on Donnelly. Toughie but others much tougher so I think you'll get him soon. As far as the National goes, 2 years ago I stumbled on a couple selling cards with a small table and little fanfare who had some really nice red Cycle backs in a binder and I bought several. Many years ago (1995) at the National a seller had a whole slew, almost a complete set in vg-ex to exmt condition in a small box under his table, not even shown. I asked if he had any and he said he did and let me have the box and I thumbed through them and bought about 50 while I was working on the set. He gave me a terrific price because he said he had had them a while and they weren't selling like the other tobacco cards. If I knew then what I know now I would have bought every scarce back card he had. Oh well,... In any event, be sure and ask each dealer for T207s, many don't display them although as the years have gone by they have garnered a little more respect.
tbob
Old 07-26-2009, 06:28 PM
Frank Wakefield

Mike, that is great!!! And way to go Rob D, Bill T, and Robert A. Pushing aside some of the faults and shortcomings of this board, 'tis a great place. Well done, guys!
Old 07-28-2009, 04:16 PM
Mike

Thanks Bruce - your "T207 Heaven" was - and is - an inspiration, as was Bill C's T207.com.

tbob - you were likely the earliest instigator in the whole thing. While looking for info on Donlin (T207) back a few years ago, I found Net54 via a hit on one of your posts. I believe it was the one where you mentioned that you found that card one of the hardest T207's. While I've mostly lurked since then I've found this group an incredibly valuable resource.

Frank, Matt, Barry - thanks as ever for the words of support.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:07 PM
Michael S

Hi Mike,

Awesome accomplishment. There is no better feeling in collecting like finding that last card on a long term project. I had a hard enough time completing the Red Sox team set much less the entire set. If I had a Donnelly it would be yours but alas, he played for that "other" Boston team. But I will certainly keep my eyes and ears open for you.