NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

View Poll Results: The new board is ________ the old board.
better than 176 76.52%
same as 28 12.17%
worse than 26 11.30%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2009, 08:19 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default important update!!! NOW 80 posts per page, if you want?

Since Corey suggested it, and I didn't know it could be done until Matt just told me, I have made the # of posts that can be seen in each thread go in increments up to 80. So now instead of 40 you can have 50,60,70 or 80.....

NOW THAT BEING SAID....please realize that if you make your number bigger in you Admin Conrol Panel (CP) then your download time will be effected (slower), since you will be downloading more data at once. ALSO, there is a very small chance that this could effect everyone and we have to go back to the lower post count per page but I doubt that will happen.

As of right now everyone should be able to go set their viewable posts per thread to 80 if you want to. I don't think we want to go higher than that for now.....Lets see how that works for a while and go from there.....thanks again for the positive, constructive feedback. My apologies for not remembering this could be done, as Matt enlightened me that we did speak about it before.....
Old 05-17-2009, 10:22 AM
marty

Old 05-17-2009, 10:34 AM
Al

Default New Forum

Thanks Leon 80 would be better. Leon just an observation when you use the Network 54 Archive Center when you click back to the main forum It brings you back to the old forum. Just thought you might want to look into that.
Al

edited to add that I don't want to keep bumping this thread so will respond to a few questions within the posts- This linking back to the old board, for anything, will be looked at in the not too distant future. It's not a top priority but is on the "to do" list. (leon)

Last edited by Leon; 05-17-2009 at 10:38 AM. Reason: answer
Old 05-17-2009, 10:43 AM
Michael S

I just went up to 60 posts per page and no noticible slow down in loading. IMO, 80 is enough per page as usually the only ones that get above 80 are the train wrecks

I set mine to 80 and there is no noticeable difference in speed but I will guess if every post has pictures there will be a slow down (leon)

Last edited by Leon; 05-17-2009 at 11:10 AM.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:04 PM
Bruce Babcock

Default next = previous

On the old board clicking “next topic” took you to the thread below the one you were looking at.

On the new board “previous thread” takes you down the page and “next thread” takes you up the page.

Seems counter-intuitive to this Luddite.

Plus, “previous” and “next” appear only at the end (bottom) of each thread, while “next topic” appeared at both top and bottom - unless I'm missing something.

Posting pics used to be as easy as pasting a URL into your post. Now the process seems convoluted.

Both of these issues, to me, slow things down. Maybe I’ll get used to it.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:41 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Hey Bruce

"Posting pics used to be as easy as pasting a URL into your post. Now the process seems convoluted."

Unless I am missing something on this I think we might have gone from 1 click to 2 clicks....but not much more than that? All you do is click on the little yellow square box right above here, paste the url in and click ok.....unless that is being a pain?

For me the small issue is having to load my pic on my personal site, to host it, if I want it to be a larger image in this post....since I don't use photobucket.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:57 AM
Bruce Babcock

Default image posting

Sorry, Leon. I figured it out. I'm icon-impaired.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:18 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Bruce

No worries....and I think with that very recent image loading change from our pc's, we are getting closer to the ease of the old board. There are still a bit more bells and whistles than I really wanted with this new s/w but I think over time it will be even easier to use than the old board. I feel everyone's pain that didn't really want to come to the new board. My guess is that the majority of folks that don't think the new board is better are folks that didn't post a lot on the old board or posted mainly pictures. Maybe the recent changes will help that. In a few months maybe we will take another poll like this. It's a little disheartening to see the number of folks that liked the old board better....

Last edited by Leon; 05-18-2009 at 12:50 PM. Reason: typos
Old 05-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Rich Klein

Default Leon a 25 % issue is very normal

I learned a great lesson in 1974; during the final days of the Nixon Presidency when the polls all indicated that 25 Percent of Americans STILL supported Nixon even after the smoking gun relevation came out.

No matter what you would have done on the board; 25 percent of our users would not have liked the change. So whomever had that signature of change your socks; and keep going. Use that now and we can all continue to move on with our lives

Rich