NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-05-2004, 07:50 AM
Administrator

Default PAYPAL Fine Print

Posted By: dan mckee

I recently won a card for $80 and change. I paid via paypal and never received the card. The seller had 100% feedback with a rating of 22. I filed a complaint through paypal since they have buyer protection up to $500. Paypal wrote me and said they found in my favor since the buyer couldn't produce any proof of shipping. Then they said sorry but they couldn't recoup my funds. So I called them, and buried in their pages in the fine print is the criteria that the seller that ripped me off must carry for me to be protected by the $500 buyer protection.

Seller must have 98% feedback and at least a rating of 50.
UNBELIEVABLE! Must have 50 DIFFERENT feedbacks or you are SOMFL like I am.

Old 11-05-2004, 07:55 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bryan

I have had problems with paypal many times since I starting buying and on all of them I was unable to get any funds back. I stopped using them for awhile but I found it much easier to just go ahead and use them for lower purchases and take whatever happens. BIg purchases are made by other means. I think I remember a website devoted to bashing paypal and their services, but i can't remember the address.

Old 11-05-2004, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: ramram

I believe they will cover you up to $200 less a $25 deductible. I think you have to wait at least 30 days to make the claim though.

Old 11-05-2004, 08:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

--at least to me--because of some problems they'd had which resulted in a slowness of transfer of funds (unrecorded in my account)."Big deal," I thught, "a 12 hour "free day" between 12:01 A.M. Oct. 28--11:59 A.M. Oct 28.

Lo and behold, my Topps Slocum book finally arrived from Mike McGrail in Holland ( he had already returned my money) that he sent on Sept 2. Oh WONDER! I waited till 12:01, Oct 28 (to make sure that however many hours Holland is ahead of California, he would also be under the unbrella)), and sent him his original 35.00. HE RECEIVED 35.00! Thank you, you (explitive deleted)usually horrendously frustrating paypal!

No special reason for the scan, except I'm sending Ben scans for my website, and my Ramleys (or Ramlys) came out especially well.

Old 11-05-2004, 05:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tbob

What kind of a scanner are you using these days? The Ramly turned out really sharp.