NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 12-29-2022, 05:47 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Wait, I was told green energy was the way of the future and all these new innovations like smart meters etc, wouldn't be used to control the population.
Conspiracy fact #274

If Germans are worried about getting through the Winter of 2023, they ain’t seen nothing yet. 2024 could be even worse, thanks to government bureaucracy. And yes, that goes for those environmentally-minded volk who are cruising the Autobahn in their EVs.

The cryptically-named Federal Network Agency has announced plans to empower German power grid operators to remotely limit home heat pumps and EV chargers. And this can be done without the customer’s permission. And lest German citizens think that they have the spring, summer, and fall to make adjustments, this policy is set to take effect next month. It should be running at full speed, so to speak, by the time winter rolls around next year.

Breitbart News cited the German publication Die Welt in explaining that the increasing number of electric cars in the country and the uptick in people using heat pumps for homes are environmentally friendly but are gobbling up power and are taking a toll on power grids.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%...inter-n1656741
We have been at or just above freezing so the ice covered roads are becoming a sloppy mess.

A link to a story from a former talk show host, we are really scraping the bottom of the barrel there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jim3.jpg (13.7 KB, 139 views)

Last edited by bnorth; 12-29-2022 at 05:57 AM.
Old 12-29-2022, 06:00 AM

Back to shorts weather here. I actually had to wear a sweatshirt one day as it got down into the 20s. No snow though.
Old 12-29-2022, 07:01 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeen View Post
I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but understanding US EV infrastructure is not up to date is not a conspiracy. We have a big problem and it's nowhere near being resolved.

We have a significant housing crisis across the US. What do you think will be resolved first: electrical grid and infrastructure for EV, or housing shortage?

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
Just follow the money and go with the Infrastructure for EV
This^
With the housing crisis going on for years and years now, I have no doubts whatsoever the EV push will continue leaps and bound above the housing crisis.
It's not hard to see, for those that choose to pay attention, that is exactly what is currently happening.

I wonder how many gave it any thought, with thousands and thousands of illegal, unchecked and unvaccinated alien's crossing our borders each and everyday and being spread throughout our countries, why our govt's were implementing vaccine passports and mandates on its own citizens?

Anyone paying attention to all the lies, the corruption and the censorship Elon Musk is exposing?
Musk, once a god of the left, is now being shunned, ridiculed and kicked to the curb (like we've seen so many times) for exposing all the lies and corruption of our govt's and the left's heads are absolutely exploding.
Nary a word lately about the promotion of Musk's EV's because the left is pissed they lost their platform they used to spread fake news and lies and all their lies, corruption and complicity is being exposed.
Of course, because that's what they're paid to do, the likes of CNN, MSNBC and The New York Times, etc, are all denying/covering for the left, but even they, despite their best efforts aren't having much luck because most people are finally starting to wake up.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/...Czudvw7M8sAAAA
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/...Cwsce-ptAsAAAA
https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...DRreDj1LgsAAAA
https://twitter.com/murraymints82/st...Cg_aThhbssAAAA
Old 12-29-2022, 07:06 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
We have been at or just above freezing so the ice covered roads are becoming a sloppy mess.

A link to a story from a former talk show host, we are really scraping the bottom of the barrel there.
Ben, you seem like a nice guy but I can't say I've ever come across someone so naive and so misinformed than you.
You don't recognize the likes of CNN and MSNBC being fake news spreading propaganda sites and likely believe every word the spew to you as truthful and factual?
I'm unsure where you receive your news/info from but I can't help but believe it's from those I listed above or similar?
Old 12-29-2022, 07:27 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Ben, you seem like a nice guy but I can't say I've ever come across someone so naive and so misinformed than you.
You don't recognize the likes of CNN and MSNBC being fake news spreading propaganda sites and likely believe every word the spew to you as truthful and factual?
I'm unsure where you receive your news/info from but I can't help but believe it's from those I listed above or similar?
I feel the same way. You seem like a great guy but you have some beyond crazy conspiracy posts that are so far from reality I honestly can't imagine anyone actually believing it.

I do not care one bit about politics and never watch ANY news outlet. I go by my real life experiences. If you noticed you post links and usually I give real life experiences as to why I believe what I do.

Now back to the topic. How did the storm hit in your area? The mail here is way behind. I sent a 91 Topps DS Chipper Jones to a fellow member last Friday and I got a text it left a sorting facility 100 miles away this morning.
Old 12-29-2022, 07:37 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
I feel the same way. You seem like a great guy but you have some beyond crazy conspiracy posts that are so far from reality I honestly can't imagine anyone actually believing it.

I do not care one bit about politics and never watch ANY news outlet. I go by my real life experiences. If you noticed you post links and usually I give real life experiences as to why I believe what I do.

Now back to the topic. How did the storm hit in your area? The mail here is way behind. I sent a 91 Topps DS Chipper Jones to a fellow member last Friday and I got a text it left a sorting facility 100 miles away this morning.
You seem to think I make up, edit, and write those links I post for some odd reason but that seems odd, being as you say you don't pay attention to politics nor watch any news outlets yet your views/belief's are very similar/same to those I mentioned above?
I know it's tough believing what is actually happening compared to what you believe/are told, but it is becoming more and more clear each and everyday, all those once conspiracy theories are coming true.

You remind me of my 83 yr old father. He watches CTV New/CNN and reads the Toronto Star. All very left leaning left propaganda sites and he thinks he is informed.
I cut him some slack because of his age and because there likely was a time in his life when the news was actually true and unbiased but it pains me at the same time to see what years of fake news and propaganda has done to him.
Old 12-29-2022, 07:51 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsonjok View Post
You are touching on a key point here. The German plan to limit power to certain homes isn't part of any plot to subjugate the population. It is a means of controlling peak power demand when the potential exists for excess demand to strain and damage the network. The same thing is done here in the US in two ways. First, with smart meters that allow the utility to charge higher rates at peak times (and on the other side, customers to use Smart Hours plans to lower their bill.) Second, at times of excessive demand, like with Winter Storm Uri in 2021, power companies will implement rolling blackouts. The German plan is akin to surgery while rolling blackouts are basically blunt force trauma.

Here is the thing: everyone wants to have cheap, unlimited power available 100% of the time. Guess what? You can't have all three. At best, you can only have two. And it seems that in the US we've leaned heavily on cheap. Efforts by utilities to add generation capacity is usually met with protestations regarding the increased rates that would result. I am sure no one will be surprised that the loudest crowd about utility rates are often the same folks that embrace smart meter conspiracies.
B.S. Germany, due to the fake global warming/climate crisis, green energy movement shuttered the majority of their Nuke plants. They had far more available power being spread across their country supplying people, without interruption, than what they do now so this B.S. about their grid being overwhelmed is just another fake B.S. story trying to get people, in the name of population control and the fake climate crisis, to stop living like they do.
The smart people, who can't afford their utility bills, among other things, will definitely rethink about having children or having as many children as their forefathers did. How people can't connect the dots and see that is beyond me?
Old 12-29-2022, 10:34 AM
Ben North

Quote:
B.S. Germany, due to the fake global warming/climate crisis, green energy movement shuttered the majority of their Nuke plants. They had far more available power being spread across their country supplying people, without interruption, than what they do now so this B.S. about their grid being overwhelmed is just another fake B.S. story trying to get people, in the name of population control and the fake climate crisis, to stop living like they do.
The smart people, who can't afford their utility bills, among other things, will definitely rethink about having children or having as many children as their forefathers did. How people can't connect the dots and see that is beyond me?
Ever think about the real war going on in that area? I have real life friends in Moldova and they are and have had for a while now rolling blackouts because of it. The reduction of power is to not have to do that in Germany. But hey what does the real world problems have to do with fantasy land conspiracy theories?

For me that is the problem with your posts. Your links are extremely biased to promote an agenda that has absolutely nothing to do with what is happening the real world. It is like watching the History Channel and believing Ancient Aliens/Mountain Monsters are real documentaries.
Old 12-29-2022, 11:27 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Ever think about the real war going on in that area? I have real life friends in Moldova and they are and have had for a while now rolling blackouts because of it. The reduction of power is to not have to do that in Germany. But hey what does the real world problems have to do with fantasy land conspiracy theories?

For me that is the problem with your posts. Your links are extremely biased to promote an agenda that has absolutely nothing to do with what is happening the real world. It is like watching the History Channel and believing Ancient Aliens/Mountain Monsters are real documentaries.
The real war??? You mean the Proxy war your govt is currently engaged in with Russia, who has sent 100 BILLION, with a Capital "B" to Ukraine? That war, Ben?
Tell me Ben, without regurgitating the MSM talking points or spin, why your country has such a vested interest in Ukraine?
Tell me, why your at it, why your previous President to Trump was behind the coup that ousted Ukraine's previously voted in, via a legit election, President?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XqgNOvFMvg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES4jslRzQwI

You were aware, I assume, Ukraine's Nazi's, The Azov's (look them up) have been bombing/murdering their own, or the Russian eastern part of Ukraine for years now?
Here, because you likely think these Azov Nazi's don't exist and that our govt's haven't been supporting them, I'll do you a favor.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/mountin...erts-1.5879303
https://ottawacitizen.com/news/natio...ys-nazi-hunter
https://www.thesuburban.com/news/rep...028f16fdb.html
https://mronline.org/2022/03/23/u-s-...le-insurgency/
https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202203/1254217.shtml
https://www.codepink.org/how_the_us_...zis_in_ukraine

Trump warned Germany, and other European nations that they were relying heavily on Russian oil and gas and would be screwed but they all laughed at him.
Do you ever do any critical thinking with regards to the Dems and media going hard against Trump and wondering why that was and still currently is? Do you think maybe, just maybe, he was a major threat to getting in their way or exsposing this grift?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKEycjREgPE

Last edited by irv; 12-29-2022 at 11:28 AM.