NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 04-15-2017, 09:11 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Default Selling off my dodger programs!

I hate to do this, but it's getting to the point where I need to focus on one thing and consolidate. This is by no means a sale thread. I need advice guys.

I obviously want to get the most money as possible for these as I have spent time and money. I want retail 100% if possible. I have over 230 scored Dodgers programs between 47-56 home and away and another 50 from the same period that are not scored.

What do you guys recommend as far as selling these?

Some great programs in here like Jackie's first hit, Hodges first Home Run etc.

Do I go the AH route? That 20% fee is suicide. I definitely am not going to sell these to a dealer as I have too much invested in them. While I expect to possibly take a hit on what I have spent, I refuse to take "that kind of" hit.

Ebay? That seems like a slow death lol

I just want to explore all my options so if anyone has had experience selling off a large concentrated collection like this before please post your thoughts and recommendations.

I look forward to and thank you in advance for all the help.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:47 AM
Dave Grob

Default Dodger Programs

Really depends on how long you can wait to get paid out. I would recommend building a spreadsheet listing by:

-Year
-Team (Dodgers at Cardinals or Cardinals at Dodgers)
-Date
-Scored or Unscored
-Comments (condition, event, etc)
-Price

Once complete, make a post in the for sale section and let people contact you for a listing. Monitor sales and when you get to the point where they are not selling, consider looking at packaging or groups.

Be realistic about your asking prices since you probably paid a premium for many since you attached a high priority to a project that may not resonate in all cases for all collectors and all programs.

Dave Grob
Old 04-15-2017, 10:04 AM

Yep -- your time frame will be an important factor. Mayl be hard to get what you want out of them if you dump them on the market in a short period of time.

Also, did you purchase these quickly and through auctions? If so, you're zealousness to get them may well have temporarily driven the prices up for scored Dodgers programs of that era. Nothing wrong with that, but it may mean you were willing to pay more than others and that others will still not be willing to pay what you did for them.

But maybe you were able to purchase some at bargain prices if you bought in bulk. A lot of variables here.

Overall -- what you "have into" your items will not set the market. Demand will.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:38 PM
Howard Chasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by icollectDCsports View Post

Overall -- what you "have into" your items will not set the market. Demand will.
+1
Old 04-17-2017, 04:05 PM
Dan Bretta

Since you purchased these recently you will likely not come close to 100% of what you have in to them because you've taken yourself out of the equation. If money is not a problem for you then I still think you should put these things away in a closet or under the bed so you aren't thinking about them and then re-visit the collection a year from now. I honestly wish I had done that with some of the items I got rid of in haste over the years.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:23 PM
T0dd M@rcum

If you don't think the 20% commission from an AH is tough (and it is), you really end up close to 15% with eBay plus you have all the listing and packing and risk.