NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-30-2006, 08:51 AM
Administrator

Default E92 Crofts Cocoa is really F211 ?

Posted By: Will

for once.

New caveat - Buy the card, not the designation.

Old 08-30-2006, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Ted Zanidakis

LEON

What CMOKING.....PETER_S.....JOSH K....do not realize is that Richard posted some
sacastic comments to me in a prior Thread. I did not appreciate them; but, I held my
"fire" and just simply ignored them. I do not know Richard and he does not know me.
So, I certainly did not know where he was coming from in that Thread.

Then, somewhat milder in this Thread, he continued, with his reference to Frank W.
and I with his previously sarcastic comments about the "DINOSAURS" on this Thread.

Now, I am not "thin-skinned"....an indeed I am the oldest dude on this Forum at age 67
(and 30 years in this hobby) I am proud of this "badge of honor". And, I get a "kick" when
sometimes I am called some type of paleolithic "reptile".....BUT, THAT IS FROM A FRIEND
....NOT SOME STRANGER. So, I let go a response to Richard here.

LEON.....that's my side of the story and I am sorry this occured on your Thread here,
because this subject has always "bugged" me with these Crofts cards when I started
collected them back in the mid-80's. And, between you and Scott Mosley, this Thread
has been tremendously informative.

Regards.....TED Z

Old 08-30-2006, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh K.

Ted, I dont know what was said in a previous thread, but in this thread, weren't you the first one to use the term "dinosaurs" to describe yourself?

"You beat me to "the Punch"......Richard has to be a relative "newbie" to make a crack like that. Of course he doesn't yet understand the "dinosaurs" in this hobby.....but, simply thrives on being a "contrarian"."

Old 08-30-2006, 09:36 AM
Administrator

JOSH

You must of missed something in what I just posted. So, I will repeat it......
Richard, in a prior post, use the word "dinosaurs" (and other sarcastic comments)
in his reference to some of us hobby veterans on this Forum.

OK, does this register with you now ?

And, as I said when he did on that prior post, I let it "slide" (as I guess others did,
too). So, how about us just letting this argument dissipate right here and now ?

Old 08-30-2006, 09:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I agree and think we should just let this little issue go. Cards are fun and an escape from our daily stresses. Let's keep it that way as much as possible. Yesterday I was put on high blood pressure medicine for the first time in my life. Cards should alleviate stress not cause it....with kindest regards....still having fun.....your moderator dude...

Old 08-30-2006, 10:26 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Richard

Ted -

Wow. I read through the thread that you were referring to and I did not realize that I hurt your feelings with my dinosaur comments. I thought that our posts back and forth were mostly friendly banter regarding time spent in the hobby and rare wagner issues. I guess I completely missed that one. I will be more careful in the future.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/153652/thread/1155655822/last-1155875694/50-60+T-206+Wagners+Exist-++Really+%21%21%21%21%21

In addition, I did not realize that you referring to the "dinosaur" comment in this thread was really a shot at me to back off for my prior hurtful comments. I thought it was a reference to our prior innocent banter. Once again, completely missed your intention. Sorry about that.

I agree - let's let the argument dissipate and I will refrain from adding any more useless information on this informative topic.

Old 08-30-2006, 11:24 AM
Administrator

RICHARD W.

Fine with me.....and let's call this a friendly "virtual handshake".

Best regards, TED Z