NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-02-2003, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Default Old Judge Sheet on Ebay

Posted By: Jay Miller 

I have watched with interest the bidding on this ebay item. At the current level (about $6500) I think the bidding has exceeded the value of the sheet but yet it has failed to reach the seller's reserve. I make this statement based on what Old Judge ad pieces, with pristine uncut sheets on them, have sold for at auction over the last five years. I also find it interesting that the high bidder on the sheet is from New Brunswick, Canada and the seller is also from New Brunswick, Canada. I never realized that New Brunswick was such a hotbed of Old Judge collecting.

Old 04-02-2003, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Correction--The high bidder is not from New Brunswick; the bidder who cast the prior four bids is.

Old 04-02-2003, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Albie O'Hanian

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2720250271&category=31719

The seller always has a huge selection of pre-war Hockey cards in various conditions. I have not seen him list too many vintage baseball cards before.

Old 04-02-2003, 11:56 AM
Administrator

Posted By: david

this looks to be the same sheet that was offered in the dec lelands auction.

Old 04-02-2003, 03:33 PM
Administrator

What did the sheet in the Leland's Auction sell for?

Old 04-02-2003, 04:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JC

That's the crazy canuck. I won a 33 Goudey set for 8000- and he said he mailed it to the wrong address. Then he said they lost it. He then refunded my money. I said I don't want my money back, I just want the set, since it was promised to someone else. He also informed me the money was for a sick kid. On the sheet, he e-mailed telling me that if I won it, I would recieve it, this time. He also told me he would stop the auction if I wanted to buy it for 25,000 Ya Right! No thanks and good luck to anyone that buys it! Make sure you use your credit card!

Old 04-02-2003, 06:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: botn

Stay clear of this seller. He is a perfect example of why being a Power Seller on eBay means nothing. I know several people who he still owes thousands of dollars. He rarely will return telephone calls and e-mails and when you do he has every excuse lined up. Refunds, when they do come, can take awhile.

Greg

Old 04-02-2003, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jimmy Leiderman

Sold for $22k back in Dec.

Old 04-02-2003, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

Volume 1, copyright 1983. And has appearing LORD KNOWS HOW MANY auctions since!

I'm actually getting a little tired of it, speaking as an Old Judge collector...

Old 04-03-2003, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Posted By: gfg.com

After winning two 1933 opc hockey sets on ebay, and calling the CRAZY CUNUCK, I was told of a huge deal he was about to buy, and he presold me another $15,000 worth of cards, a deal that "sounded to good to be true"
Guess what... It was. After not getting the cards overnite as agreed, I got more excuses than Carter has Liver Pills. Fortunately, I paid with a credit card, and after bugging and threatening him for a month, I finally got credited. I probably would not write this, but I was promised as soon as he got the cards back, from god knows where, He was still going to sell them to me. NEVER HAPPENED!

Suggest if you win something of high value from this guy, get him to ship first, and pay with a credit card!

Dave

Old 04-03-2003, 12:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: xxxxx

xxxxxx

Old 04-03-2003, 01:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Don't know who made that post about the glare (not that it's a bad post), but it wasn't me. I just woke up from a nap. And it wasn't my brother either as our IP numbers are almost the same.

Jay

Old 04-03-2003, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Card was pulled from ebay after going over $20,000 but still not reaching the reserve. The high budder was waittilnextyear, followed closely by freemanh. Anyone else smell something resembling the Fulton Street Fish Market on a warm summer afternoon?