NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-27-2017, 07:26 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default Dyersville IA Field of Dreams card show

Good Afternoon Collectors & Dealers,

We are hosting a huge Sports Card Show in Dyersville, Iowa on September 3, 2017 from 9 AM to 3 PM and the Rec Center that is next to the National Farm Toy Museum. Free admission and free parking. The Field of Dreams event starts at 3PM at the field.

At this point (50) tables are confirmed and paid for, with more to be added.

I will be setting up at this show. I will be bringing a few T206's, some Goudeys, Diamond Stars, Leaf, and quite a bit of pre war baseball and non-sports cards. Lots of Packers autographs, lots of sports hard cover books, a lot of ephemera. If you like oddball, unusual items, take a look at my tables.

Hope to see you there! Rick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dyersville.jpg (63.7 KB, 375 views)

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 08-27-2017, 08:54 AM

Rick,
Is this an annual show? We are planning to visit Field Of Dreams next year and would try to schedule it to make the show.

Completed - 1967 Topps Baseball, 1969 Greiner Tires Pirates, 1964 Topps Giants

Working on - 1967 Topps Test Stickers - Pirates 31/33 just need the 2 Clemente’s

Also looking for a 1970's Spalding Advisory Staff photo of Richie Hebner.
Old 08-27-2017, 12:47 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Field of Dreams

Two years ago there was a show in Dubuque that was associated with the Field of Dreams game in Dyersville. This year the show is back, but it will be in Dyersville, right across from the baseball diamond. This is the first time they have had the show in Dyersville, so we will have to see how it goes before a decision is made for next year.

Old 08-27-2017, 04:40 PM
Danny Smith

Awesome. I'm playing in the game. I'll make sure I swing by.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:54 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
Two years ago there was a show in Dubuque that was associated with the Field of Dreams game in Dyersville. This year the show is back, but it will be in Dyersville, right across from the baseball diamond. This is the first time they have had the show in Dyersville, so we will have to see how it goes before a decision is made for next year.
Where exactly will it be? It really is in the middle of a cornfield a couple miles outside of town. Are the dealers setting up in a field?
Old 08-28-2017, 05:14 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default card show

The card show is in the National Farm Toy Museum at 1101 16th Ave Ct in Dyersville. It is right off of US Hwy 20.

We won't be in a cornfield, but the show 2 years ago was in a large tent. It was a crappy place for a show and I didn't even make enough to cover my $80 table fee. I hope this one is better, but I'm not quite sure what to expect over the Labor Day weekend. I'm doing it more for fun rather than an attempt to make money. I always enjoy trading with the other dealers, and I can sometimes make some interesting trades with my customers. It will help that we will be inside a modern, well lit, air conditioned building, rather than a dark tent.

Hey Danny, good luck in the game, and I hope you stop by and say hi!

Rick

Old 08-28-2017, 05:35 PM
Ch.ris_Hel.mers

I'm hoping to make it to the show. There don't seem to be too many in Eastern Iowa.

Good luck! I hope you do well!
Old 08-28-2017, 06:18 PM
Joe Gonsowski

Our family may make it over to Dyersville, only 1 1/2 hr drive for us (need to juggle a couple tasks/events over the weekend). Doubt I'll find any 19th century but the kids will enjoy the show and the museum.
- 19th century Detroit memorabilia and cards with emphasis on Goodwin & Co. issues ( N172 / N173 / N175 ) and Tomlinson cabinets
- N333 SF Hess Newsboys League cards (all teams)
- Pre ATC Merger (1890 and prior) cigarette packs and redemption coupons from all manufacturers
Old 08-28-2017, 09:47 PM
je.sse @rnot

Sorry to say I won't be in the area, but I remember going to that field as a kid. What a great location for a card show. I hope it goes well.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:13 PM
Joe Gonsowski

Enjoyed the day.

No 19th century for me at the show but it was nice meeting Rick and others. Rick, thank you for the Luke Skywalker Pez dispenser, my son has been carrying it around all day. Great location for the show with it being right at the Farm Toy museum and being so close to the Field of Dreams. All the Best!
- 19th century Detroit memorabilia and cards with emphasis on Goodwin & Co. issues ( N172 / N173 / N175 ) and Tomlinson cabinets
- N333 SF Hess Newsboys League cards (all teams)
- Pre ATC Merger (1890 and prior) cigarette packs and redemption coupons from all manufacturers
Old 09-04-2017, 03:16 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Joe

Hi Joe, it was nice chatting with you and meeting you and your son. I hope to see you again.

Rick