NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-10-2012, 12:38 PM

Default Come visit the card Dinosaurs at the Oaks Show in Philly April 27th - 29th

This is the ONLY Philly show in the Spring so come out and say hello to some of the Hobby's Dinosaurs:

Stop by and Chat T206's with the board's favorite Ted Z. Ted will share his confirmed list for any T206 subset you may want to complete. Ted is also a 1940s era expert with gum cards!

Visit the Controversial Dan Mckee at the Oaks! He stands up to the Auction Houses and the wonderful grading in our hobby! Don't ask Dan any questions about cards though, he is clueless!

And Finally.......

Meet and Greet the AMAZING WONKA TICKET!!! YES! The one and only Wonka weirdo will be there as well to share pictures of his new sports car that he purchased! Wonka John has also collected and mastered T206 and many non-sport issues from the turn of the Century! Be prepared to stay awhile if you say hi to Johnny, man can he talk!

There will be several other vintage dealers there so please come by and say hi!

We thank you and look forward to seeing you there!

On a sadder note, NO Leon this year, Leon - we will miss you!

http://csashows.com/?page_id=134

Last edited by danmckee; 04-10-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:23 PM
T0dd M@rcum

I would love to come back to Oaks, but my business is done (setting up and selling stuff from a friend who passed away). I had a great time at the show and strongly recommend it.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default rain check

I will be back. I will just take a rain check on this one....count me in for the future though. I had a great time at the other ones I have set up at. LL
Old 04-12-2012, 05:17 AM
John
J0hn McD@niel

I dont know about amazing but I will be there, stop by I'll try and make sure McKee is sober for you guys.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default CSA Oaks Show (April 27-29th)

Hey Todd, ole buddy, the show won't be the same without you !

Hope to see many of you at this show.

Check it out......

http://csashows.com/

Hey Dan.....what kind of "saurus" are you.....perhaps a BRONTO-SAURUS.....the THUNDER monster

T-Rex TED
Old 04-14-2012, 05:16 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Hey Leon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I will be back. I will just take a rain check on this one....count me in for the future though. I had a great time at the other ones I have set up at. LL
Fred's Breakfast Nook in Pennsy has never been the same since you haven't been there to have your "Texas size"" breakfast

TED Z
Old 04-14-2012, 07:37 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Fred's Breakfast Nook in Pennsy has never been the same since you haven't been there to have your "Texas size"" breakfast

TED Z
Hi Ted
I will never forget that breakfast. It was one of the best I have ever had. I think the hospitality was a large part of it though the food was awesome too. I am getting hungry for some of those great pan potatoes as I type this. It is very rare that you can go into a "restaurant" for the first time and feel like you are one of the family, but I did. Everyone was so nice. Also your, and your lovely wife's, hospitality at Hotel Zanedakis was very much appreciated too. I think I still have that rain check somewhere but haven't lost it. I am going take you up on going back to Fred's, mark my words!! Take care buddy...

As I have told several people this Oaks show just wasn't good timing but I am sure I will do it again in the future. Looking at maybe doing Chantilly in the future too.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:46 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default HOFer's....Chuck Bednarik & Ralph Kiner featured signers

Talking about "dinosaurs", Chuck Bednarik is 86 years old. The last time I saw this NFL HOFer at a show,
it looked like the big guy could still play in the NFL. A true Philadelphia hero and a real character.

For you Pittsburgh fans (and Mets fans), Ralph Kiner will also be signing.
Plus, a bunch of other autograph guests.

And, a large number of vintage sportscard dealers with some great stuff.

For more info, check out CSA's website......

http://csashows.com/

T-Rex TED
Old 04-17-2012, 06:11 AM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

To all you dinosaurs and newbies that are working the show,

What table numbers will you be working at so that we can all find you. There are many imposters who claim they are from the Net54 board but are really not.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 04-17-2012, 11:46 AM

Unfortunately we never know til we get there, Marco is fairly laid back and an awesome show promoter! Very friendly!

But just ask around, someone will be able to direct you to us. Wonka Weasle will be set up with me and Ted Z is usually right across from us.

Thanks for your interest and hope to see you there!

Dan
Old 04-19-2012, 06:55 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Howard

Dan is the man....he says it as he sees it. You'll have no problem finding any of us at the Oaks Show. Just in case....here's is a picture of me.

T-Rex and T-Bird
Old 04-19-2012, 01:34 PM

UPDATE! I believe the Hunt show has changed the date again so now dealers can set up at the Oaks and still be outside of the 60 day window that David has set to bar you from his show. meaning you can do the Oaks and do David's show based on the current rules!!

Dealers please know you can get a great table for just $175 at the Oaks!

This should be a good thing!
Old 04-19-2012, 06:36 PM

BUMP because no one is attending this show except for me and Ted

Ted, dinner the first night is on me, you can buy the 2nd night!
Old 04-20-2012, 06:31 AM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

If only Dan & Ted are setting up it should be easy to find you guys. I now know what Ted looks like, so I assume the other table will be Dan.

Buythatcard

Old 04-20-2012, 06:53 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Howard

If I am not mistaken, you've been attending the Philly Shows since the glorious days of the Ft Washington and Reading Shows.

Well, many of those vintage dealers will be at the Oaks show. Now, all we need is some more customers. And, judging from the
"response" to Dan's thread here, it doesn't look like we will have a decent crowd.

In any event, I look forward to seeing and chatting with you.

T-Rex TED
Old 04-20-2012, 11:31 AM

I attended the previous show at Oaks, it was the first time I had been to a show since I was a teenager 20 years ago, I was mostly there to get info about some Duke cabinet cards that I've had for a long time (Delehanty, Davis and Nash)...Most of the dealers were very helpful giving me information and asked to see the cards once I got them back from the onsite grading. I tried to be upfront and tell people I had no interest in selling them, but of course I would listen to offers just to see what they were worth (I already had an idea after checking auction results). Unfortunatley I think I may have offended 1 or 2 dealers by not taking their offers, I politely apologized for wasting their time and went on my way ... Anyway, I am going to try and attend again to work on some T206 team sets I am working on...
Old 04-21-2012, 01:12 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Hey Dan

So far, I have contacted two dozen Philly (Ft Washington, Reading & Valley Forge) show regulars.
that said they definitely will be at Oaks next weekend. Not a big crowd yet, but it's a start.

So, you and I won't be the only ones there....ole buddy.

I will continue to make Tel. calls and/or emails to motivate others to attend.

TED Z
Old 04-21-2012, 01:42 PM
Glenn

Default One More Dinosaur

I'll be there with plenty of vintage stuff.

Glenn Mechanick
Old 04-23-2012, 07:35 PM

I hope to be there on Saturday.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:33 AM
Phil Garry

Saturday for me too, I am combining it with a stop to pick up a table that I bought on e-bay a couple of weeks ago.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:10 AM

i'll be there saturday too
Old 04-25-2012, 02:41 PM

Default Oaks Show

Looking forward to the show. Although, not to sure how well attended it will be? I could not find on the CSA website how much the entry fee is to get into the show? What are the show times? Also, on the website it says SGC will be grading on-site at the show. After calling SGC the other day, they tell me they will not even be attending the show!

I always look forward to getting out and going to shows. I just have a feeling the show will be sparsely attended. I hope I am wrong.

Ryan Heffner
Old 04-25-2012, 02:50 PM
Phil Garry

Unfortunately, something came up at the last minute and I will not be able to attend on Saturday. Maybe next time.........
Old 04-25-2012, 02:51 PM
T0dd M@rcum

I can tell you that Marco is spending a lot of money on advertising and is really working hard for a good turnout. I don't like the new website much either, but I hear he's working on it.

If there isn't good attendance, that tells you something. What, exactly, I have no idea.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Brian Dwyer

Admission is free on Friday and $5 on Saturday & Sunday or $9 for a weekend pass. Show hours are Friday 2 PM to 8 PM, Saturday 9 AM to 5 PM and Sunday 10 AM to 4 PM. The hours are displayed on a rotating flash display that doesn't appear on all computers as I just noticed it for the first time on my laptop after not being able to find any info when viewed on my desktop.

The dealer list isn't entirely up to date as at least two names listed will not be there but I suppose that means that there could be new additions that haven't made the list either.

Last edited by spacktrack; 04-25-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:25 PM

Default Thanks for show info.

Thanks Brian for the show information! Hope you can attend!

All the Best,
Ryan H.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:23 PM

Anyone who comes to the booth and mentions Leon's Net54 gets a free Alpha photo Baltimore Orioles 1894 Baseball Card repro set. If I run out, I will take your info and mail you a set. Dan.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:43 AM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

That's nice of you Dan. What do we get if we don't mention Leon's name?

Buythatcard

Old 04-26-2012, 07:12 AM

I always enjoy the McKee-Wonka show, but family duty calls this week-end and I won't be able to attend. Ted and Ken Cohen--Try and keep Dan from under Wonka's new car! BTW, there's an ugly rumor circulating that Wonka and McKee are now buying mid-grade shiny stuff from the 1990s. Ouch.

Have fun guys,
Mike
Old 04-26-2012, 07:32 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
C'mon now guys. It's bad enough I won't be able to attend. No need to rub it in. My last Oaks show was great. I know Marco is trying to get more people coming through the doors and I think he will but it will take some time. I am committed to the show as long as he is. I guarantee I will be doing it again in the not too distant future. Our next auction is a bit too far out and I just got back from MN last weekend so it was a bit soon for me to make this one. The 2-3 I have done have all netted me neat stuff for my collection (lots of vintage there) and also some decent sales. If you price your stuff close to market it will sell. And I had a fantastic time hanging out with friends each time.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
This is funny!
Old 04-26-2012, 04:33 PM
Ke.n K0hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Peich View Post
I always enjoy the McKee-Wonka show, but family duty calls this week-end and I won't be able to attend. Ted and Ken Cohen--Try and keep Dan from under Wonka's new car! BTW, there's an ugly rumor circulating that Wonka and McKee are now buying mid-grade shiny stuff from the 1990s. Ouch.

Have fun guys,
Mike

Hey Mike. I can't make this one either. McKee and Wonka are on double secret probation so that might keep them in line. Nonetheless, I'd love to be there to contribute to their delinquency. I'm confident that my absence will guarantee record attendance and sales.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:42 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Peich View Post

Have fun guys,
Mike
I was hoping to hear some of your latest North Carolina adventures this weekend. Email me or giving me a call when you have a chance.

Best regards,

TED Z
Old 04-27-2012, 09:13 AM

I, too, can't make it this weekend. And, I wanted to meet Wonka !!!
Old 04-27-2012, 06:28 PM
Be.n C0z1n

Any overall feeling on how this show is looking? Is it worth a two hour trip? Lots of dealers set up? Just looking for overall feelings/feedback
Old 04-27-2012, 07:30 PM
Banned

I spoke to someone who was there in the afternoon. The report I got was that you could swing a Triceratops in any direction and not hit anyone.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:38 PM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

I just got back from the show, and honestly, I wasn't very impressed. There were a lot of empty tables. Without counting, I would say there were even less dealers than last show. To me, the crowd seemed thin with the majority purchasing from the $1 or $2 bins. There was definitely a pre-war presence, however, there was probably an equal number of tables with mini-helmets, figurines, etc. The highlight for me was meeting Brian from Sterling and picking up the card I won last night. So in short, I probably wouldn't drive the two hours again.

Also, personally, I cannot figure out why someone would be permitted to sell computers or financial services (ING I believe) at a card show. I believe this takes away from the atmosphere and really makes the show feel desperate to have people set up. But then again, that might just be me.

DJ
Old 04-27-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D. View Post
I spoke to someone who was there in the afternoon. The report I got was that you could swing a Triceratops in any direction and not hit anyone.
Rob,

Possibly even a small Diplodocus...but had fun chatting with Dan and Wonka for a brief while. Hate to say it, but I can't see this show lasting much longer unless something drastic happens. It's a shame because after the very first show, I thought this would be a nice alternative to the Philly show...not so much.

Mike

Last edited by docpatlv; 04-27-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:17 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

It was a sleepy afternoon Rob is correct hopefully better in the AM. When it's slow I end up wondering and buying stuff I dont need I hope it picks up.

Marco for the record is really trying and it's a shame cause this show could be great.

Cheers,

John

P.S. I said Leon's name like 10 times I never got any free cards from Dan, it's a total scam.

Last edited by wonkaticket; 04-27-2012 at 09:19 PM.