NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-17-2010, 05:48 PM

Default Has anyone had any dealings with John Villa on Net 54?

Has anyone had any dealings with John Villa on this board? He uses the Net 54 name, nameless. Nearly two weeks ago I sent him payment for a card and I have not received the card nor does he answer my E-mails, nor messages through Net 54. Recently I got his phone number from his registration at Net 54 and the phone number he gave is disconnected.

Any help will be appreciated. I sent a large sum of money to him.

Thank you.

Cy
Old 11-17-2010, 06:51 PM
Clayton

Hi Cy-

I'm sorry, I don't know this person- but just wanted to say I hope you either get your card or your $$ back. I have dealt with you and you are top notch- this sounds like the complete opposite of how you conduct your sales- you have great communication, packaging perfect, and ships fast. Hopefully the other board member makes things right.

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 11-17-2010, 10:14 PM
qu@n nguy3n

did you send a check or paypal (if paypal you should contact them already...but u knew that)? checking his posts he seems to have listed quite a few items, not sure if any of them sold. i guess the last time he logged on here was also around the same time you'd sent payment. hope it's just one big coincidence.

i've been ripped off on this board so don't think it can't happen, and it's definitely not fun. lmk in the future if u need a reference check on someone...a few people have emailed me about other board members before going through with a deal and i'm always glad to help (if you're not a scumbag yourself)

Last edited by chaddurbin; 11-17-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:08 AM
Jim D

Hopefully you hear back soon, and hopefully there is an explanation, i hate hearing anyone getting ripped off!

If he does make well, make sure you post that... not just negatives

It is better to be quiet and thought of as a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt!!
Old 11-18-2010, 07:04 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default poor situation....and caveat emptor

With over 2000 registered members it is more important than ever to be as safe as possible in doing business on the BST. I always give recommendations or opinions when asked. If you don't know, ask me. If I don't know, then kindly ask the other person for a few references...and check them out. The BST is still a heck of a lot safer than ebay but there is some risk in dealing with members, especially ones that aren't well known. It is always caveat emptor. All I really have is contact info that folks registered with, and while I am happy to give that out in these situations, as we can see, it's not always a solution. Also, these are legal transactions so regular laws do apply....though if they are out of state the cost of finding someone and prosecuting could outweigh the benefit. I have done a lot of stuff with Cy (hey Cy) and all transactions have been flawless. I hope this situation turns out ok...Be careful folks.....best regards

Last edited by Leon; 11-20-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:34 PM

Default Update on my dealings with John Villa

Thanks to all the people who sent me well-wishing E-mails. I thought I'd give a little update on John Villa.

Over a week ago. I did get one reply from an E-mail to confirm that he received my payment. I sent two US Postal money orders. He has since cashed them. So if he has time to cash the payment, I would think that he should have time to mail the card.

I have sent a few E-mails and messages to his E-mail address, the Net 54 E-mail address and through Net 54 messages. John is also a computer systems administrator. So he knows his way around a computer. I am sure he has received the messages in some way. But he still refuses to send the card.

I am going to wait two more weeks. Then the US Postal service can start investigating for mail fraud. I hope it doesn't come to that. But I will initiate that process if need be.

Thank you all again for your kind thoughts. I hope all works out. But I am near the point now where I am not sure that it will.

Cy
Old 11-21-2010, 12:25 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

According to his profile, his ebay id is: gorehawg

Maybe you can try to contact him through there, or send messages to some sellers who sold him some things. They might have his phone number through his paypal payments or his address. Once you have his address, you might be able to use switchboard (or some other internet lookup) to get his working phone #. Good luck!
Old 11-22-2010, 07:37 PM
Chuck Tapia

why wait 2 weeks?.... by the sound of things, I get right on it!
Old 11-22-2010, 07:53 PM
M!ke S@il£r

I'd just google him and call him at his work number. I would bet that would at least get his attention.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:16 AM
Rich Klein

Default Update

Look at this thread -- everything is fine. Things happen in life sometimes. Trust me, I go through that with my wife's sister's family on a daily basis.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=148395

Rich