NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Live Auctions - Only 2-3 open, per member, at once.

Old 06-23-2016, 09:41 PM

Default Ends Tonight 7/7 10pm EST - Americana auction catalog lot of 12 - $13 opening bid

Reposted auction with lower, $13 starting bid, and now ends Thursday 7/7 at 10pm EST.

Patriotic auction catalog auction with included Priority Mail shipping rolled into your bid! Now the starting bid will be below the cost of shipping...no joke!

What, you may ask, is more Non-American than Americana minus all the vintage baseball cards? This auction. The auction itself, no. It practically defines the American capitalistic and entrepreneurial spirit. Give me freedom, or give me paypal f/f!

It is the content of the auction lots themselves that is lacking something that most of us consider a cornerstone of what it means to be American...vintage baseball cards. Nary a lick (unless it was lick I missed licking) of the versions of cardboard we call our own. Oh, there are lots containing non-sports cards, even a catalog featuring almost exclusively photographs of chaps captured whilst playing old-timey baseball, and I may have spotted a few postcards, buttons, and the odd baseball-related geegaw, but the lucky bidder who wins said auction will have to be content staring at lot after lot of incredibly wondrous objects that have nothing to do with baseball. Imagine that! There are comic books, artworks, political pieces, advertising, rock n' roll artifacts, movie posters, astronautinalia, you name it, just about anything you can make up a fun name for. Here are the near-pristine catalogs included in this lot:

MastroNet Americana 256 pages August 27, 2003
MastroNet Americana 390 pages December 17, 2003
MastroNet Americana 218 pages April 21, 2004
MastroNet Americana 300 pages August 11, 2004
Mastro Auctions Americana 280 pages April 19, 2006
Mastro Auctions Americana 200 pages April 25, 2007
Mastro Connoisseur 268 pages (smaller size) December 15, 2007
Mastro Connoisseur 268 pages (smaller size) May 3, 2008
Mastro Connoisseur 228 pages August 30, 2008
Mastro Connoisseur 200 pages December 13, 2008
Random Treasures Auctions Roger Steckler "A to Z" 300 pages (man this gentleman collected just about everything)! March 13-16, 2006
Legendary Auctions Photography 124 pages March 4, 2010

The opening bid is $13.00, with dollar (or if you prefer, one hundred dollar) increments. That opening bid is worth it just for the auction catalog featuring Donald and friends riding the waves over pirate squid infested waters. Opening bid on that one was $50,000, which is the equivalent to a run-down house in an economically depressed region.

Bids time-stamped at 10:00pm EST are legit, whereas 10:01 bids miss the auction winning boat. Remember, shipping is included, so please consider this when overbidding in a financially reckless manner.

Good Luck!

And more...this auction will include a bonus 1993 (I believe) Japanese baseball magazine. This magazine, as befits this somewhat questionable Americana lot, includes no more than a dozen or so English words.

Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mastroam973.jpg (79.3 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg mastroam974.jpg (77.7 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg mastroam975.jpg (82.1 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg mastroam976.jpg (81.8 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg mastroam977.jpg (75.9 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg mastroam978.jpg (76.4 KB, 119 views)

Last edited by brianp-beme; 07-07-2016 at 11:55 AM. Reason: New auction opening bid and closing time
Old 06-28-2016, 11:09 AM

A reminder that this bad boy auction ends tomorrow night at 10PM EST. There are pictures of men in these catalogs, but unfortunately the vast majority of them are just not baseball men. The Legendary Photography catalog makes up for the baseball sparseness with scads of uniformed baseball playing dead ballers. Also, the Japanese magazine has plenty of gentlemen from the other side of the Pacific playing ball, surrounded by a language most of us cannot read.

Remember, a person needs a balanced diet, not just vintage bb cards, because they by themselves have too much sodium.

Brian
Old 06-29-2016, 12:18 PM

Default Attention!

Hey...you guys don't want to be accused of being Un-Americana, do you?

If you knew what would be best for this country, you would place a bid by 10pm tonight on this lot. Don't tempt me to start up a peacetime bidders draft.

Remember, your call of duty bid includes all shipping costs...a substantial $13.45 Priority Mail box of around 30 lbs. of reading and visual material guaranteed to pop a gasket in your back and make your mind spin. And for some reason polish your shoes until they are shiny black.

Good Luck, and at ease!

Brian
Old 07-01-2016, 10:10 PM

Default Ends Thursday 7/7 at 10pm EST

A collective yawn has made me drop the opening bid on this one to $13. Which is .45 cents less than what it will cost me to ship it to the winner. I may end up paying someone to read on my dimes (I hope to eat my words). Make it your 4th of July resolution to get you some of this auction.

This version of the auction ends Thursday 7/7 at 10pm EST. Good Luck...you'll need it to hoist the winnings (that and a back brace).

Brian
Old 07-06-2016, 07:31 PM

Fist bump...ends tomorrow.

Brian
Old 07-07-2016, 12:00 PM

Hip bump...ends tonight 7/7 10pm EST. Remember, if you win this lot at $13, I am basically paying you 45 cents for the privilege of owning all these incredibly glossy catalogs, since I will be paying for the Priority Mail shipping.

Good Luck!