NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-07-2009, 02:05 AM
Bill Cohon

Default inventory advice, please

I'd like to have a computerized inventory of my cards. My computer is a Mac. Is there good software with preloaded entries? Pictures? What is the essential information to record for each card? Is there any way to avoid a lot of repetitive typing?

I have a feeling this could be a big project, so I'd like to know some of the issues before invest huge gobs of time.

Many thanks.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:20 AM
Bobby Binder

You can input your entire collection on VCP and get up to the minute values on everything.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:41 AM

if you want to include scans, I believe "Bento" would be a good product for your needs. Its basically filemaker with all of the database programming work done for you with a bunch of pre-done templates.

http://www.filemaker.com/products/be...bento_overview

If it was my collection - I would rather just create a simple spreadsheet. Include the issue, year, name of player, variation, condition, maybe purchase price, purchase date, sold price, sold date.

I would keep my scans somewhere else / like iPhoto / or in a personal photobucket site.

Bobby's VCP suggestion is a nice one - but I would guess you would want to control that information on your own computer (I would).... I would go with Bento or a spreadsheet.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:00 AM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyVCP View Post
You can input your entire collection on VCP and get up to the minute values on everything.

Bobby,

I like VCP and use it almost daily, but not for inventory purposes. It has no allowances for raw cards, so that reduces its usefulness.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:13 AM
Scott Mt. Joy

I have my full inventory entered into VCP and it works awesome. The few raw cards I have I just enter as SGC auth and put the price I paid for them into it, works fine. If you wanted to add the raw cards by estimated grade you could just enter them as a grading company you dont use say GAI 7 etc so you could tell them apart from whichever grading company you do use.

Last edited by smtjoy; 08-07-2009 at 08:16 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:42 PM
Bill Cohon

Default thanks; follow up questions

My collection is mostly raw cards. Is VCP useful? Is the free VCP membership useful for anything, or do you spring for one of the VIP iterations?
Old 08-07-2009, 03:46 PM
Bobby Binder

You can create your whole collection in VCP for free but won't show you the values.