NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-29-2005, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Default Fake Clarkson???

Posted By: Adam J. Moraine

Dear forum members,

I noticed on EBAY there is a seller (hancockbob) selling an 1887 N28 Allen & Ginter John Clarkson. Item number is 6189197320, I were wondering if it is a an AUTHENTIC example or a reproduction? Either or, how can you tell if it is authentic or a reproduction?

Best Regards,

Adam J. Moraine

Old 06-29-2005, 09:07 AM
Administrator

Default Fake Clarkson???

Posted By: Keith O'Leary

They all look good to me.

Old 06-29-2005, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Default Fake Clarkson???

Posted By: dan mckee

Yes they are good, back print color is blueish, normal chipping around edges.

Old 06-29-2005, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Default Fake Clarkson???

Thanks, guys! for the info. Much appreciated.

best Regards,

Adam J. Moraine

Old 06-29-2005, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Default Fake Clarkson???

Posted By: J Levine

I thought that Adam did not have access to ebay...I just do not get it...not to mention, what is he doing looking at a Clarkson that probably will not grade higher than a 2 or 3...strange...

Old 06-29-2005, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Default Fake Clarkson???

Josh,

To answer your question, I found a nice 1887 Old Judge graded SGC 30 priced at a reasonable price which I can afford (sorry guys, I don't make six-figures)I AM going to purchase this card, I am waiting for an email reply from the seller.This card "sparked" my interest in Old Judges. Thus, I did a goggle search of "Old Judge Tobacco Cards". The EBAY link with the John Clarkson appeared. I thought it would be nice to view the card. I hope this answered YOUR question, Josh.

Best Regards,

Adam J. Moraine

Old 06-29-2005, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Default Fake Clarkson???

Posted By: warshawlaw

What? Didn't you write the following post in infamous 201 post thread:

"Re: PSA 1 Fr-PrJune 23 2005, 4:52 PM

Sorry Warshaw I did not go to law school, and I do make the deep, six-figures you make. (aren't you the attorney who defends Corporations? or is that Josh?) I had the pleasure to email Josh Krasner several days ago. I have a lot of respect for him)

Best Regards,

Adam J. Moraine"

Well, which is it? "I don't make six-figures" or "I do make the deep, six figures you make"? Are you taking speech lessons from Rumsfeld? Are you a flip-flopper? Just pulling your leg, Adam ; like Harry S. Truman said, if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

If you're gonna come into the jungle, have a take and don't suck or you will get run--Jim Rome

Old 06-29-2005, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Default Fake Clarkson???

Warshaw,

I think both statements are one in the same, they mean the same thing, they do not contridict one another,despite the fact, I left out the word "deep". Warshaw, Sorry to know that you are an apparant Dummycrat, given your opinion of Donald Rumsfield.No harm intended to anyone, with my last sentence. NOT a flip-flopper, I dislike Truman, I DISTAIN F.D.R.

Best regards,

Adam J. Moraine

Old 06-29-2005, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Default Fake Clarkson???

Posted By: warshawlaw

eventually you'll find it.

Oh, and BTW, invest in a spell check program: contradict, apparent, disdain, Rumsfeld

Old 06-29-2005, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Default Fake Clarkson???

Posted By: leon

I am not going to get into a political debate here but you did contradict yourself. You either don't make six figures or you do make deep six figures. They aren't the same and you have to either make it or not? Personally I don't care what you or anyone else on the board makes I am just pointing out an apparent error.....regards

Old 06-29-2005, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Default Fake Clarkson???

Real sweet, Leon. Thanks, for the info. I guess I should have used spell check before typing. Where did Warshaw earn his English degree from? Is he an English teacher, as well?

Best Regards,

adam J. Moraine

Old 06-29-2005, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Default Fake Clarkson???

Posted By: Glenn

Adam J.,

The Clarkson looks real. There are plenty of people here who use improper grammar and spelling. Nobody minds terribly much until a) the errors are incorrect to such an extent that the intended meaning of the posting is lost or b) someone who has been making such errors starts attempting to correct others for their own grammatical shortcomings. You have done both, and I think it's standing in the way of the purpose of the forum. Both Leon and Adam W. can defend themselves I'm sure, but they are valued members of this little community, and attacking them here is not likely to earn you many allies.

Glenn

Old 06-29-2005, 12:39 PM
Administrator

Default Fake Clarkson???

After reading Glenn's post: Apologies to both Leon and Adam W.

Best Regards,

Adam J. Moraine

Old 06-29-2005, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Default Fake Clarkson???

Posted By: Julie

Here's a middle-grade Clarkson:
Not that anyone asked...

Old 06-29-2005, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Default Fake Clarkson???

AWESOME card, Julie.

Best regards,

adam j. Moraine

Old 06-30-2005, 01:27 AM
Administrator

Default Fake Clarkson???

Posted By: Bob Rousseau

"Sorry to know that you are an apparant Dummycrat, given your opinion of Donald Rumsfield.No harm intended to anyone, with my last sentence. NOT a flip-flopper, I dislike Truman, I DISTAIN F.D.R."

Christ, Adam- I am serious- are you capable of going 5 days in a row without insulting chunks of people on this board?

Old 06-30-2005, 02:15 AM
Administrator

Default Fake Clarkson???

Posted By: jay behrens

Adam M, a few words of advice to you, unless you have something to say in regards to a given topic, I'd lay off the personal attacks, any thing that may seem derogatory to others and any sort of off-topic comment directed towards other people. With almost every post you alienate more and more of this board. To says your apologies come across as less than heartfelt is an understatement.

Jay

My place is full of valuable, worthless junk.

Old 07-01-2005, 12:47 AM
Administrator

Default Fake Clarkson???

Posted By: pete

now you're just bragging julie...
pete-