NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-17-2005, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Default That T206 Magie quietly sold with a BIN

Posted By: tbob

Didn't recognize the buyer's id. This was the card that was debated about on the board.

Old 06-17-2005, 07:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: BcD

it was.......

SSSSSSSSSSsssssssssssssHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh!

Old 06-18-2005, 05:21 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Chuck R

seller just got reported by another buyer for fraud for selling a card they did not possess

Old 06-18-2005, 06:23 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Andrew Parks

Seller said he was in Florida so I e-mailed him twice. Once to ask if I could look at it and once to ask if I bought could I pick it up. He never responded.

Old 06-18-2005, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

seem to be hotbeds of ebay fraud and cheating sellers. Interesting...

Old 06-18-2005, 01:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jerry

The only two times I've been scammed in the hobby were when Alan Hager (Florida) tried to rip me off for 4 T205s I put a deposit on at the 94 National and when Brian Daniels (Ohio) stole $62 from me on a 57 Topps Thomson PSA 8, by not offering insurance on an ebay transaction, poorly packaging it so it arrived with the holder broken in half, then keeping both my card and my money when I returned it to him for a refund. Of course, he DID try to help me get the money back from the Post Office by suggesting that we commit mail fraud by resending the card insured. Yes, Brian, I saved your e-mails. I will not let it drop until you reimburse me for the $62 that you stole from me.

Very sincerely,

Jerry Halstead (sorry to bring this up here, Leon, but the people on the board need to know about Brian Daniels, since he is a board member. I'll be happy to prove what I have said. Like I wrote, I saved Brian's emails to me.)

Old 06-18-2005, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: OJ-Collector

In a Collecting World where everything sells for more than it should, the scan hijacking doesn't surprise me and I really didn't have any doubts about the card, but the seller. I came close to hitting the Buy it Now button on several occasions.

I was burned once ona card transaction. A $22 T206 card and after sending cash, the seller became 'unregistered' and he wouldn't reply to my e-mails. I WAS PISSED, but eventually got over it.

You have an issue with Mr. Vam Dollars?

Judge Leon and the Board Member Juries may be able to assist!

DJ

Old 06-18-2005, 01:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

I only know of one Brian Daniels on this board and he lives in California, and I have an incredibly difficult time believing that the Brian I know would ever do that.

So who's this other Brian Daniels?

Old 06-18-2005, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott Elkins

I should know - I am always sending him money. Also, I agree - doesn't sound like the Brian Daniels from this board. In fact, he ships me cards before I send him money!

Old 06-18-2005, 04:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I know both seller and buyer. To me it sounds like a misunderstanding. Recently when I sent something to a board member overseas, without insurance or tracking because it's prohibitively expensive or can't be had...I think a combination of both, but that's beside's the point, I was going to mitigate the pain on both sides if the package got lost...at least that was going to be the offer. I hope there can eventually be a happy ending to this card contorversy (the board member eventually got his cards so that was a happy ending to my situation)...regards

Old 06-18-2005, 04:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: joe brennan

How did you find out so quickly that this seller was reported for selling a card that they did not own? Did you know the owner of the card? This would be good information to know how to find out. Thanks Joe

"I had the right to remain silent. I just didn't have the ability" Ron White

Old 06-18-2005, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Chuck R

I just looked at the seller's feedback:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=purplepassion1242

Old 06-18-2005, 08:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: joe brennan

My bad...LOL...I looked at the feedback the other day and it wasnt there. I thought you might have a crystal ball.

"I had the right to remain silent. I just didn't have the ability" Ron White

Old 06-18-2005, 10:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: tbob

What I find even more disturbing is that someone would pay $1,250.00 for a 1993 Magic is Gathering Black Lotus card!!!! Does it bestow the owner with mystical powers or something?

Old 06-18-2005, 11:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jerry

The Brian C. Daniels I dealt with lived in Berea, Ohio. If the Brian Daniels on this board hasn't lived there, then I am terribly mistaken (about him, not the other one) and I sincerely apologize. The one I dealt with had an ebay id of 1933cobb98.

Please let me know if this is the same or different Brian Daniels.

Old 06-19-2005, 09:55 AM
Administrator

It's a different one. I received word that there are indeed two Brian Danielses that collect vintage cards. However, though two do exist, I think we can ALL agree that there is only ONE BCD!

Old 06-19-2005, 09:57 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Anson

You can bet your VAM dollars there is

Old 06-19-2005, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: DJ

Any mention of VAM dollars should be prohibited from this Board.

The joke has gotten way old!

My two cents...

DJ

Old 06-19-2005, 11:31 AM
Administrator

60 Minutes did an interview with novelist/journalist Carl Hiaasen a few months ago and I pulled the following quotes from the interview:

If you ask Hiaasen why all of this stuff seems to happen in Florida, he gives a standard reply: "The most common answer that people give is if you took the continental United States and you tilted it a little bit, all the sludge would drip all the way down the peninsula, all the way down this highway … right past my house."

The tourists eventually go home. But for Hiaasen, the larger problem is the thousand people who move here every day. Most of them, he says, are either running to something or from something. Many of them are retirees looking for a slice of paradise, and some are predators who consider them prey.

Another reason Florida has become so desirable for undesirables is it has the most generous bankruptcy laws in the country -- so people facing the prospect of jail or civil judgments buy houses here knowing they can’t be seized. A number of former executives from Tyco and WorldCom have already moved here, along with a few down and out celebrities.

Unfortunately, the craziness of Florida provides a certain anonymity to all sorts of wackos, even terrorists. And if the place wasn’t so dysfunctional, Hiaasen says maybe something could have been done about that.

"I was watching in the living room, and they started showing the pictures of Mohammed Atta and then the others in those photographs," says Hiaasen. "I said, 'I swear to God, those are Florida driver's licenses photographs.' At least nine of them, I believe, and possibly more had lived and worked and trained for their suicide mission here in Florida."

"And I always tell people, 'You think that was an accident? Where's the one place in the United States where the bar of bad behavior is so high that nobody's gonna notice these guys?'" adds Hiaasen. "Nobody's gonna think twice when they walk into a flight school and say, 'I'd like to get on a 757 simulator, but I don't need the part about where you land it. Just teach me how to fly it around.' And pay it in cash, and they say, 'Oh, right this way, Mr. Atta. Sit over here.'

DJ

Old 06-19-2005, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Wesley

Old 06-21-2005, 09:52 PM
Administrator

Are your "two cents" VAMS by chance? The only thing too old around here is your sense of humor and possibly your prostate,which appears to have a splintered stick stuck in it!

; )

(Login OJ-Collector) Re: That T206 Magie quietly sold with a BIN June 19 2005, 12:05 PM

Any mention of VAM dollars should be prohibited from this Board.

The joke has gotten way old!

My two cents...

DJ

Old 06-22-2005, 06:01 AM
Administrator

Hiaasen sounds like an idiot to me. Does he forget California - where you can kill your wife, have sex with little boys, or gang beat a cuffed suspect on the ground and get off in each instance? His answers are narrow-minded and short-sighted.

Let us not forget, too, that vintage baseball card collecting and this board are just kid-like hobbies for grown up adults. I love the wackiness that goes on here. It takes me away from my serious life of work, paying bills, and the responsibilities of being a father and husband. Vam ON it!

Old 06-22-2005, 07:06 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Adam J. Moraine

WHAT in the hell are VAM dollars?

Best Regards,

Adam J. Moraine

Old 06-22-2005, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

1. OJ did not kill his wife; it was his ex-wife. A critical difference--ask any divorced guy if he wouldn't like to have a shot at the ex knowing he'd get off.

2. Our governor can kick your governor's ass. Of course, he's kicking our asses too...

3. My garage is worth more than most peoples' homes.

4. I pick oranges off a tree in my yard in January, have home-grown apricots, plums, pomegranates and grapefruit in the summer, and go to work in shorts until Thanksgiving.

5. When my kid is bored, we can drive over to Universal Studios (ten minutes away) and use an annual pass that costs next to nothing.

6. We have 5 MLB teams. Well, 4.5 counting the Dodgers under present management.

7. Kirsten Dunst was in my workout class the other day. Schwinggg!

8. California Girls. Schwingg! Schwingg!

9. Just doing stuff around town I've met Dustin Hoffman, Sylvester Stallone, Christie Brinkley, Roger Moore, Johnny Carson, Eric Idle, Jason Alexander, Ricardo Montalban, Cheech & Chong, Raquel Welch, Gene Hackman, Susan Sarandon, Michael Chiklis, Larry Brown, Chuck Norris and a bunch of "I recognize him but I can't place the name"

10. We are so big and sprawled out that terrorists get lost on the freeways and can't find their targets.

Old 06-22-2005, 11:13 AM
Administrator

Robert Blake killed HIS wife and got off.

Old 06-22-2005, 11:22 AM
Administrator

As always Brian, good one! (not..lame)

Your thread addition of: it was.......

SSSSSSSSSSsssssssssssssHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh!

really adds to the Forum experience!

Sorry Leon, had to add this and I won't bog down this Board with back and forths.

DJ

Old 06-22-2005, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: BCD

maybe just not to your liking.But it is also not your board nor designed purely for you. So too bad-go continue to complain to Leon if you like.Do you have his office number? You hyjacked a thread about me! You did not have to read it or respond if your nose was stuck up in the air too high. get off the prim and proper cloud your eyes are in a fog in and deal with it.

and you want to buy some VAM dollars my satalite office is now in Virginia

you can write Scott Elkins @ TyCobb@optidynamic.com

he needs the sales to pay me for cards he purchased from me~

hee hee

Old 07-06-2005, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott Elkins

Have BCD paid off with the last $1500 I sent him today! Glad I found the Beale Treasure here in VA before BCD got angry. I believe I will let my daughter handle the _X__ portion of BCD's network now, as I am going to concentrate more time to my Croft's Cocoa collection. Please address all correspondence regarding _X__ dollars to Kaitlyn Elkins at the e-mail address BCD gave.

we have a moratorium on V--- for now....thanks