NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-04-2016, 06:26 AM
Alan Elefson

Default Wilmington MA Card Show

Hi-

I will be at the Wilmington MA card show part of today (noon-3) and most of the day tomorrow. I would love to have a meet up again this year. How about noon at the snack bar area (where you order food, before the bar area) on Saturday? In previous years we have not gotten too many participants other than the regulars (Hi Scott, Eric, Ryan, and Steve!) so hopefully we can expand the circle this time.

Alan Elefson
Old 11-04-2016, 07:16 AM
Scott S

Hey Alan,

I'll be at the show on Saturday, though I've got my son's soccer in the morning, so not sure if I'll be there by noon. I'm sure I'll see you around the floor at some point otherwise....

Scott

Last edited by scooter729; 11-04-2016 at 07:17 AM.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:51 PM
Erich W

hi Scott and Alan, unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year Rachel has a booth at the Boston Christmas festival and I have to help... yes you are allowed to revoke my man card ... have fun and let me know how it goes!
Old 11-05-2016, 05:25 AM
Alan Elefson

Sorry we will miss you Erich! Scott, I am sure I will see you walking around. For everyone else, I would love to meet other folks. Please try to come to the cashier area of the snack bar at noon today. I am a short, fat guy with a moustache and goatee so I should not be too hard to miss. I will also probably have a lot of memorabilia with me.

Alan
Old 11-05-2016, 05:27 AM
H Murphy

Default Wilmington

Hey Allen, shooting for as close to 12 as I can. The "queen" has left a list of "musts" but should be there close to 12. Don`t scoop up all the bargins bro !
Old 11-05-2016, 06:55 AM
Scott S

Quote:
Originally Posted by aelefson View Post
I am a short, fat guy with a moustache and goatee so I should not be too hard to miss.

Alan
Since when is a short fat guy easy to find at a card show?? Sounds harder than a Where's Waldo puzzle!
Old 11-05-2016, 11:05 AM
Erich W

lol! how's the show?
Old 11-06-2016, 06:26 PM
Alan Elefson

Ha! Most of the other guys are at least taller than me...

I had a great time as usual. It was great seeing you Scott, Steve, Don, and others. Unfortunately, it was just Scott and I at the meet up at noon but we will try again in April.

I found a few cool items for my collection that I will scan and post this week (the early 1900s sheet music with all of the managers and a 1922 photo with players from a world tour including a few HOFers). I also spent a great deal of time with Terry Knouse discussing Boy Scout patches of all things (he and I share the same passion for scout patches, specifically order of the arrow patches. Some of them can sell for thousands of dollars). I also sold some items I no longer wanted to several dealers (most everyone there was very hungry to buy).

My best deal came today as I went to a flea market in New Hampshire and found a group of 1880s premium cabinet photos (non-sports) for an absurdly low amount of money (less than 50.00). I brought them to the show and sold them to a collector for a fairly large (to me anyway) amount of money. It is really nice to make well over a thousand dollars in a morning's work. If I could find stuff like that every week I would not be working my regular job!

How did other folks do? Murph, I am sorry I missed meeting you there. I hope you found some great items.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:33 PM
Don Hontz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUM301 View Post
Hey Allen, shooting for as close to 12 as I can. The "queen" has left a list of "musts" but should be there close to 12. Don`t scoop up all the bargins bro !
Hi Murph---thanks for stopping by my table and introducing yourself--I always like to meet net 54 members---it is nice to put a face to a name---I hope you enjoyed the show--a great crowd again for a 3 day show.
Old 11-06-2016, 07:18 PM
Scott S

I didn't pick up anything at the show, but nearly bought a nice Delehanty N142 cabinet which Steve Verkman had priced fairly. I forgot my checkbook at home and by the time I checked back later, it was gone. Oh well - great time seeing many friends at the show as always!
Old 11-07-2016, 09:23 AM
Jimmy

Great Show! glad to see some faces I have not seen for awhile
Old 11-07-2016, 09:43 AM
H Murphy

Default Wilmington

Hey Alan, Don how did you guys do over the weekend ? Nice to meet you too Don and have a chance to talk with a fellow Net 54`er. Great selection Don as usual, you represent the Best "small" big city, Portland Maine very well. Thought the vintage selection was actually stronger than normal and memorabilia you never see anywhere else in the area. Enjoyed the show, made a few purchases and submitted some items for grading. Overall a great day and looking forward to April already. On a side note, did notice more tables with raw cards and the dealers said they were pretty busy.