NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Default SGC

Posted By: MVSNYC

as some of you may know, i have been a "PSA guy" for years...it is only recently that i purchased my first SGC card...little by little, i started really appreciating their product, not only how well their slabs show a card off, but more importantly, their quality of grading...

i went out to their offices today (for the first time) to drop a few things off...i was very impressed with how personal and professional the service was...i was able to spend some quality time with Dave Forman, who gave me a tour, and i also got to meet many of the employees. everyone was great!

what stood out most of all, was their geniune care/concern regarding the hobby.

thanks guys!

Michael Sarno

***edited to add: this is not meant to be a PSA bashing thread...my intention was to simply thank SGC and tell about my experience today.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Administrator

Default SGC

Posted By: Phil Garry

Michael:

I was there earlier today also to drop off some cards. It would have been nice to meet you but I would have to agree that Dave and his staff were very accomodating and things went very smoothly, as usual.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Default SGC

Posted By: Bernie

I've lost a lot of faith in PSA in the last few months after seeing multiple cards that were obviously overgraded. It sometimes seems like they grade a little higher if the player is a star/hof'er. Either way, I'll buy both PSA and SGC graded cards, but I'll never buy the grade, just the card

Old 03-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Default SGC

Phil-

sorry we didn't connect...hopefully we'll meet another time.

MS

Old 03-14-2008, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Default SGC

Posted By: Trae R.

The more cards I send to SGC, the happier I am. I think the registry could use some improvements, along with the online submission process, but the grading and the employees are top-notch.

Just in general with grading, I love receiving the submissions back as well. It's like buying the cards all over again. I experience the same satisfaction opening the package from SGC as I do when a purchase first arrives.

1 Card = 2 Satisfaction

---
"There ain't much to being a ballplayer, if you're a ballplayer."
-Honus Wagner

Old 03-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Default SGC

Posted By: mark

michael-
i must echo your sentiment of being a long-time psa supporter who has, over the years, come to realize that sgc offers MUCH greater value in terms of consistency, customer service & over-all eye-appeal.
tho not perfect, at least sgc continues to make customer-friendly decisions & improvements!
compliments & thanks to sean skeffington AND his staff!

Old 03-17-2008, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Default SGC

Posted By: Jason L

can someone do me a favor and post their standard turnaround times for the various services here on this thread?

I have an order in with them and I can't recall how long I should expect it to take.

Unfortunately, my employer firewalls block their site, hence my request...

Thanks in advance
Jason

Old 03-17-2008, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Default SGC

Posted By: Matt

In my experience they run pretty much on time - maybe a day off one way or the other.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Default SGC

19th Century 20 Business Day Service $12 Any card valued at $250 or less, 5 card minimum

1900-1947 15 Business Day Service $10 Any card valued at $250 or less, 5 card minimum

Post-1948 20 Business Day Service $7 Any card valued at $250 or less, 10 card minimum

Express 10 Business Day Service $10 Any card valued at $500 or less (min. service for custom inserts)

Grand Slam 5 Business Day Service $20 Any card valued at $1,000 or less

Next Day 48 Hour Service $35 Any card valued at $2,500 or less

Walk Thru Same Day Service $50 Any card valued at $5,000 or less

Immediate 2 Hour Service $100 Any card valued above $5,000

Economy Oversized 20 Business Day Service $15 Any 20th Century oversized card valued under $100

Standard Oversized
(10 cards or more) 20 Business Day Service $40 Any 20th Century oversized card valued under $5,000, 10 card minimum (includes bulk service for all T3 Turkey Reds, E125, American Caramel Die Cuts, W600, and 19th Century cards must be submitted at this level or higher)

Standard Oversized 15 Business Day Service $50 Any 20th Century oversized card valued under $5,000 (all T3 Turkey Reds, E125 American Caramel Die Cuts, W600, and 19th Century cards must be submitted at this level or higher)

Premium Oversized 5-10 Business Day Service $100 Any oversized card valued above $5,000

ReGrade $7 Based on tier price
(i.e. 5 business days) If you disagree with a grade assigned by SGC, you may submit the card for review. Holder must be intact and show no evidence of tampering. Holders that show evidence of tampering are not covered under the SGC Guarantee.

ReHolder $5 1-2 Business Days If a holder is chipped, scratched, cracked or needs a new label, it can be resubmitted for placement in a new holder.

Crossover $7 10 Business Days Cards from other grading services are reviewed for SGC certification. The minimum grade for a crossover must be equal to or less than the original grade. SGC will not accept crossovers with a higher minimum grade than originally assigned. SGC will no longer accept cards for crossover valued in excess of $500.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Default SGC

Posted By: Jason L

very helpful.
I think they are still on schedule for me, then.

Old 04-20-2008, 02:43 PM
Administrator

Default SGC

Posted By: Anonymous

You mean you can walk in and get your cards graded? I'm likely to be in that part of the country at some point. Maybe I'll take my Ruth with me and have them do the walk through service.

Old 04-20-2008, 03:59 PM
Administrator

Default SGC

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

I recently sent in my first raw card to SGC. It was delivered by Fed Ex on Monday; the next day I received it back, graded. This was for the $35 service. Well done.

Old 04-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Administrator

Default SGC

Posted By: Josh

Great to see this comment! I am thinking about crossing over 200 of my psa cards. I hope I can get a deal for doing that many at once.