NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-17-2008, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Default PCCE Show

Posted By: Jeff Prizner

anyone there right now? curious to hear what the pre-war selection and prices are like...

Old 04-17-2008, 12:17 PM
Administrator

Default PCCE Show

Posted By: leon

I spoke with Scott Brockelman this morning and the show doesn't open until 3pm today. He said he made one sale yesterday but it was to a good friend/quasi-dealer.....I am sure he and I will be speaking again today or tomorrow and I will give an update. Yesterday when he and I spoke he said he was eating some Mastro pizza. Personally I like pepperoni...... Anyone else with an update?

Old 04-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Administrator

Default PCCE Show

Posted By: Bobby Binder

I was told by my partner that the show was really nicely done and laid out. The room is small and not a huge hall like the National with only 50 booths that is about right. The traffic for the first day was slow but we were busy and got a number on sign ups to VCP.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Default PCCE Show

Posted By: Alan

Any feedback from today ?

Old 04-20-2008, 03:50 PM
Administrator

Default PCCE Show

Posted By: scott brockelman

I am back and happy to say we found the show to be a success in many ways. The traffic was lighter than normal, but the show was centered on dealers attending seminars and other discussions, not necessarily sales to the public. Richard and I did sell quite a few cards. Actually I did better than last years National. The show will be held again next year(time and dates to be announced). We will attend again.

I will post more later or answer any questions.

Scott

Old 04-20-2008, 03:56 PM
Administrator

Default PCCE Show

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Scott, thanks for the report. In terms of depth and quality of prewar material how would you compare it to the National?

Old 04-20-2008, 04:08 PM
Administrator

Default PCCE Show

Posted By: scott brockelman

Richard and I had a great selection. The rest of the room had some pre-war, but not a lot. There was not as much as the National, purely because there weren't as many dealers.

Old 04-20-2008, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Default PCCE Show

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Thanks.

Old 04-20-2008, 04:46 PM
Administrator

Default PCCE Show

Posted By: Phil Garry

It appeared that i was one of the few Network 54'ers to attend the show (I did meet Tom Bobbitt there). Scott B. and Richard M. had, by far, the best selection of pre-war cards for sale and a couple of other dealers had a nice selection as well. Asking prices were generally very strong on top quality material and bargains were not at all easy to come by.

SGC was the only grading company providing on-site service and were busier than PSA for sure.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:04 AM
Administrator

Default PCCE Show

Posted By: Scott B.

I attended the show as well. Yes, there were a lot of quality stuffs. Heritage has their T206 Wagner/Plank/Magie on display. I still couldn't believe how on earth that Wagner can bid up to $160k (as of this moment) based on its condition.
There was an unopened Drum pouch on display as well. The seller said it has a 1910 tax stamp on it and it is possible that there's a T206/205 resting inside.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:53 PM
Administrator

Default PCCE Show

Posted By: Marty

There was a exhibitor meeting Sunday morning. They made some announcements and asked for comments. They will do this again next year. They will use the same location and it will be in April. They will be doing some follow-up with exhibitors and I believe attendees. There is to be an anouncement as to the number through the door. It was much lighter than any other show.

I do not know actual sales dollars of anyone but myself. I did more than the average Sun Times show in sales and my expenses were quite a bit higher. I will do the show again. I got the impression that some others had good sales and some did not.

There were still some that did not choose to show up on Sunday. This I thought was regretful for the collectors who attended. Sunday traffic was very light, but I still did about 20% of my dollars on Sunday.

The show was small enough that I do not think that location was all that important. People got to see everything that they wanted to, twice if the liked. I was able to talk to customers longer since there were fewer of them. The customers seemed to like this also. Each booth had a black back drop so you could not see the entire floor from any where. I mainly heard positive comments about them.

Mastro may do their live auction at this show next year and not at the National.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:25 AM
Administrator

Default PCCE Show

Posted By: Jon Canfield

Scott B - just for reference, there will not be a T206/T205 inside the Drum pouch - cards were packaged with the cigarettes, not the pouch. Pourches can be fairly easy to come by. I can't speak as to how many 1910's I've seen as I usually don't pay much attention to them since they are only related to the cards based on the company, and not through the packaging/configuration.