NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-07-2016, 10:12 AM
MikeHealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post

I do think ebay is tougher on buyers that don't pay then sellers doing all the questionable stuff that has long been discussed
How are they tough on buyers that don't pay? I really do not know. What actions do they take?
Old 02-07-2016, 10:15 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikehealer View Post
How are they tough on buyers that don't pay? I really do not know. What actions do they take?
they terminate their account and/or restrict the amount they are allowed to bid....the seller get away with selling fake mantles /badly represented cards etc ...

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 02-07-2016 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:21 AM
MikeHealer

Quote:
they terminate their account and/or restrict the amount they are allowed to bid....the seller get away with selling fake mantles /badly represented cards etc ...
Do the terminate all their accounts or just the one that didn't pay?
Old 02-07-2016, 10:23 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

Slightly off-topic: I bought a set of Beats off ebay for my daughter for Christmas. Turns out, they didn't work well, so I asked the seller to return. This was my first time through the process. He didn't reply, so I called ebay. They were VERY helpful, saw all my emails, and so no response. So they closed the case and I had the money back in my account in two days, and I got to keep the beats! (Which work occasionally.)

What really surprised me is that he's still an active seller!

Last edited by earlywynnfan; 02-07-2016 at 10:25 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 02-07-2016, 10:23 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikehealer View Post
Do the terminate all their accounts or just the one that didn't pay?
look at my prior post, I did state that people can start up new accounts, but again sellers can block people with less than X feedback..

so yeah I would guess they would only terminate the account that didn't pay, but you are going to run out of accounts with over X feedback if they get blocked..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 02-07-2016 at 10:24 AM.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:02 AM
Dave

Quote:
look at my prior post, I did state that people can start up new accounts, but again sellers can block people with less than X feedback..

so yeah I would guess they would only terminate the account that didn't pay, but you are going to run out of accounts with over X feedback if they get blocked..

No. You can only block buyers with less then zero feedback last I checked, which is like finding a unicorn or a bigfoot, since it's impossible for a buyer to accrue a negative feedback.

Even if there is a set number, it's completely useless. Most of these clowns that retracts on a regular basis actually have tons of positive feedback already. Is a seller supposed to just block everybody and expect to get bids?
Old 02-07-2016, 11:07 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
No. You can only block buyers with less then zero feedback last I checked, which is like finding a unicorn or a bigfoot, since it's impossible for a buyer to accrue a negative feedback.

Even if there is a set number, it's completely useless. Most of these clowns that retracts on a regular basis actually have tons of positive feedback already. Is a seller supposed to just block everybody and expect to get bids?
not that easy to get 50 feedback and to get blocked when don't pay on one auction...takes awhile to get the feedback just to get blocked like that and banned potentially from ebay..and yeah you can block people with under 50 feedback if you check....

I wouldn't block everyone, just non legit buyers...if there is a real legit buyer out there that is blocked..he will contact you and pay by paypal in a direct deal and you take off the listing once paid....everyone wins..

also if these clowns have tons of feedback then they must be buying something.(assuming its buying feedback)...not sure what 'tons' of feedback is though......I can tell you every time I have consigned to PWCC I have been paid and they sell on ebay as well....why not just consign it and not deal with the hassle..thats what they get paid to do

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 02-07-2016 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:10 AM
N@te

An example of why I don't understand when people bid early on an auction.

The only reason I see is if you are trying to make the BIN disappear. Other than that you are only bidding against yourself.

Not picking on anyone in particular, but I just don't get it in general.

A portion of my collection on GUA:

https://gameusedauthority.com/all-co...member_id=pUnl

Last edited by UnVme7; 02-07-2016 at 11:12 AM.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:11 AM
Dave

Quote:
not that easy to get 50 feedback and to get blocked when don't pay on one auction...takes awhile to get the feedback just to get blocked like that and banned potentially from ebay..and yeah you can block people with under 50 feedback if you check....

I wouldn't block everyone, just non legit buyers...if there is a real legit buyer out there that is blocked..he will contact you and pay by paypal in a direct deal and you take off the listing once paid....everyone wins..

also if these clowns have tons of feedback then they must be buying something.(assuming its buying feedback)...not sure what 'tons' of feedback is though......I can tell you every time I have consigned to PWCC I have been paid and they sell on ebay as well....why not just consign it and not deal with the hassle..thats what they get paid to do

Sorry man, I'm not even gonna try anymore. Good luck with your buying and consigning.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:13 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Sorry man, I'm not even gonna try anymore. Good luck with your buying and consigning.
I am not the one complaining so don't need to wish me good luck with anything..

good luck to you in addressing all the problems you seem to be having..
Old 02-07-2016, 11:19 AM
Dave

Quote:
I am not the one complaining so don't need to wish me good luck with anything..

good luck to you in addressing all the problems you seem to be having..

I'm curious. How many retractions do you have?
Old 02-07-2016, 11:49 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
I'm curious. How many retractions do you have?
a couple when I see someone else retract ahead of me...

im curious after all the problems on ebay, do you still sell there? Have you implemented any changes? if no new changes and you still sell there why complain
Old 02-07-2016, 12:09 PM
Dave

Quote:
a couple when I see someone else retract ahead of me...

im curious after all the problems on ebay, do you still sell there? Have you implemented any changes? if no new changes and you still sell there why complain

Yes, I still sell there. Been selling there for probably 17-18 years. Will probably always sell there in some capacity.

I've implemented plenty of changes, and actually have very few problems myself. I try to be very proactive. Plenty of changes I wish I didn't have to implement. Ebay used to be much funner (and profitable) to sell on for me, but I roll with the punches whether I like it or not.

This your way of saying STFU if you don't like it?
Old 02-07-2016, 12:10 PM
Belltown Vintage

NM...

Last edited by Runscott; 02-07-2016 at 01:32 PM.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:14 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Yes, I still sell there. Been selling there for probably 17-18 years. Will probably always sell there in some capacity.

I've implemented plenty of changes, and actually have very few problems myself. I try to be very proactive. Plenty of changes I wish I didn't have to implement. Ebay used to be much funner (and profitable) to sell on for me, but I roll with the punches whether I like it or not.

This your way of saying STFU if you don't like it?
so you still sell there after all the arguments how its impossible to sell there...and you have very few problems....looks like a very profitable endeavor...yet all the complaints.......and you still sell there...enough said..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 02-07-2016 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:20 PM
Belltown Vintage

NM...can't believe I got sucked into this quagmire

Last edited by Runscott; 02-07-2016 at 01:31 PM.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:24 PM
Dave

Quote:
so you still sell there after all the arguments how its impossible to sell there...and you have very few problems....looks like a very profitable endeavor...yet all the complaints.......and you still sell there...enough said..

Hold on a second. Why don't you narrow down for me this LOOOOOOONG list of complaints that I've outlined.

This thread is about "retractions" on Ebay. I've outlined how habitual retractions are harmful to the marketplace that is Ebay for various reasons.

Something Ebay can put a stop to with a very, very simple policy change.

Sometimes people relate various "anecdotes" of bad experiences on Ebay. Never have I said that it is "impossible" or even very difficult to sell on Ebay. If it was I wouldn't even be wasting my time on that platform.

Ebay is constantly shooting themselves in the foot and I see a once reliable platform going to garbage. You think this is a great development, and consigning stuff to PWCC or Probstein instead is the bees knees...well then good for you.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:30 PM
Belltown Vintage

NM...

Last edited by Runscott; 02-07-2016 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-07-2016, 01:21 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

[QUOTE=D. Bergin;1501456]Hold on a second. Why don't you narrow down for me this LOOOOOOONG list of complaints that I've outlined.

well you did say you cant block everyone..but yet you are very profitable and done it for years...ebay is fine...you can consign and not have to worry about bid retractions....if you make more money than probsten and pwcc then i see zero problem. (i would assume you would consign to them if they did better than you do)..heck many people on net54 think pwcc prices are inflated becasue of shilling etc...if you are getting more than pwcc prices than like i said whats the problem..ebay is working just fine for you...plus you can block bidders with limited feedback or not....

people should consign to you it appears because of the profits you are getting....nothing will have no problems.......but we have seen other auction houses with huge shilling problems..which is bad for the buyer.....looks like you should roll with the punches some more

i just giving an opinion, really no need about asking me whether i do bid retractions or not...i simply was giving you some advice about blocking people with limited feedback then you argued and said they coudl form many more accounts, but then i said the feedback would be very low for any new accounts....just my opinion man...is it perfect no, but its not impossible..you dont need to block everyone.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 02-07-2016 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-07-2016, 01:34 PM
Dave

Quote:
Hold on a second. Why don't you narrow down for me this LOOOOOOONG list of complaints that I've outlined.
Quote:
well you did say you cant block everyone..but yet you are very profitable and done it for years...ebay is fine...you can consign and not have to worry about bid retractions....if you make more money than probsten and pwcc then i see zero problem. (i would assume you would consign to them if they did better than you do)..heck many people on net54 think pwcc prices are inflated becasue of shilling etc...if you are getting more than pwcc prices than like i said whats the problem..ebay is working just fine for you...plus you can block bidders with limited feedback or not....

people should consign to you it appears because of the profits you are getting....nothing will have no problems.......but we have seen other auction houses with huge shilling problems..which is bad for the buyer.....looks like you should roll with the punches some more

i just giving an opinion, really no need about asking me whether i do bid retractions or not...i simply was giving you some advice about blocking people with limited feedback then you argued and said they coudl form many more accounts, but then i said the feedback would be very low for any new accounts....just my opinion man...is it perfect no, but its not impossible..you dont need to block everyone.

I think you need to re-read the thread again.

Last edited by D. Bergin; 02-07-2016 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-07-2016, 01:50 PM
J@ohn B.ar#ne.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
Comparing a collector/seller and what they should do to Macy's is almost too ridiculous to even comment on. Almost.

I'll block a retractor because life is too short and I don't play games. In the OP case, it's obviously a mistake. But otherwise, I'll block you. When my revenues get to the point of Macy's, I'll change my practices.

I like it.
Old 02-07-2016, 02:21 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 02-07-2016 at 02:22 PM.
Old 02-07-2016, 02:21 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
I think you need to re-read the thread again.
i was going to say the same thing about you....most of my posts have what you said in your own words so maybe you are confused about your own words..who knows..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 02-07-2016 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-07-2016, 02:46 PM
Dave

Quote:
i was going to say the same thing about you....most of my posts have what you said in your own words so maybe you are confused about your own words..who knows..
Don't think so.

This is just for you Jake.

Not that it will mean anything to you, or even to me if I'm being honest (because I don't think it's a very useful tool, but you're the one who brought it up and then told me I was complaining just because I said you were wrong). Here is a page with Ebay's Buyer Requirement options for sellers:

Notice the section marked "Block Buyers With a Negative Feedback Score Of".

Old 02-07-2016, 03:22 PM
MikeHealer

Quote:

So they only terminate the account that didn't pay. So if they have numerous accounts it really doesn't affect them. That's what I thought, just wanted the expert to confirm it, thanks.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:06 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Don't think so.

This is just for you Jake.

Not that it will mean anything to you, or even to me if I'm being honest (because I don't think it's a very useful tool, but you're the one who brought it up and then told me I was complaining just because I said you were wrong). Here is a page with Ebay's Buyer Requirement options for sellers:

Notice the section marked "Block Buyers With a Negative Feedback Score Of".

lots of ways to block bidders...you can block a bidder with just one unpaid strike it shows in last 6 months...that should be good enough and is better than feedback actually...someone with great feedback may not be paying in the last 6 months and now you know...so looks like ebay gives lots of useful tools to block bad bidders...not impossible at all and you wont block everybody for sure...
Old 02-07-2016, 09:40 PM
J@ohn B.ar#ne.s

Quote:
lots of ways to block bidders...you can block a bidder with just one unpaid strike it shows in last 6 months...that should be good enough and is better than feedback actually...someone with great feedback may not be paying in the last 6 months and now you know...so looks like ebay gives lots of useful tools to block bad bidders...not impossible at all and you wont block everybody for sure...
Agreed. I have no sympathy for the sellers that come on this board and complain about crappy buyers on e-bay. Block the retractors and low feedback bidiots. If someone really likes your stuff, they'll send you a message, then you can make a decision.

E-bay is the best-of-the-worst auction platforms. Superior than the AH's where you bid blind, can't snipe, never ending auctions, and fine print disclaimers that promote shilling.

Either cull down your herd of buyers, or be a whore-seller and open it up to the world (scum included). Can't have it both ways.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:05 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastmode View Post
Agreed. I have no sympathy for the sellers that come on this board and complain about crappy buyers on e-bay. Block the retractors and low feedback bidiots. If someone really likes your stuff, they'll send you a message, then you can make a decision.

E-bay is the best-of-the-worst auction platforms. Superior than the AH's where you bid blind, can't snipe, never ending auctions, and fine print disclaimers that promote shilling.

Either cull down your herd of buyers, or be a whore-seller and open it up to the world (scum included). Can't have it both ways.
+1
Old 02-08-2016, 10:27 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastmode View Post

So you're ok with buyers having unlimited retractions? Because that's what this thread is about?

I would think that's an issue for both honest sellers AND buyers.

Jake turned it into a blocked bidder issue by stating faulty information he insisted was correct, which I thought I cleared up pretty straight forward with a screenshot, but he tap danced around it anyways.

I didn't see anybody complain about not having enough tools to block buyers with. That's something Jake brought up with some magic number of (50), that did not exist (yes Jake, it's still closer to the absolutely unattainable (-1). It's a pointless option, which was the only point I was trying to make.

Jake seems to think it's the best thing in the world to be able to retract bids and cancel transactions on a whim. If so, great...but there's going to be push back to that.

For you or him to imply, well just STFU then and go sell somewhere else, is pretty condescending.

If you've never sold on Ebay, and your solution to ANY problem is to just block everybody from bidding in your auctions, and then just waiting for people to contact you so you can vet them one by one...well, I don't know what to say to you.

All I've been saying from the beginning, is how about EBAY just limit retractions, BAM! A whole host of problems solved right there. Easy f*cking peasy!

Shilling questions, a lot of bad buyer issues...AND a ton of bad seller issues, would dramatically decrease overnight. I don't see how that even debatable.

Jake's answer is to just consign your stuff with the big boys who don't give a crap about bidders who retract in their auctions habitually (or let you place "hidden reserve" bids), because according to Jake, he gets his consignment check on time, whether somebody is messing with his auction lots or not.....oh, and he still gets to cancel transactions and retract his bids whenever he wants to also.

BTW, the big boys wouldn't touch my stuff with a 10-foot pole. I'm very, very small time, and anyways, I think I'm perfectly capable of selling my stuff on my own.

I'm not complaining either. At least 99.5% of buyers are fantastic. I know very well how to block buyers I don't want bidding or buying from me. Doesn't mean I ignore everything else going on around me, and just watch in disinterest as Ebay is very slowly destroying their own platform from within...it also doesn't mean that I should just STFU on the rare occasion I (or anybody else) might want to share an anecdote when something IMO, goes very, very wrong...or I notice a new pattern in behavior among a certain segment of buyers that could warn other sellers of the pitfalls they might face (same as what is done here everyday regarding dishonest sellers).

Ebay is still the biggest and best game in town, but there was a time when it was about 1000% more compelling to both buyers and sellers.

I don't even know why I let Jake drag me into this, but he pushed some sort of button in me....and well, here I am I guess.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:29 AM
Dave

Quote:
+1

1+1-3 = -1

Last edited by D. Bergin; 02-08-2016 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:11 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
I didn't see anybody complain about not having enough tools to block buyers with. That's something Jake brought up with some magic number of (50), that did not exist (yes Jake, it's still closer to the absolutely unattainable (-1). It's a pointless option, which was the only point I was trying to make.
Dave,
Take heart as at least one person got the point you were trying to make. I didn't realize that worthless "option" still existed.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:23 AM
Derek Granger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschock View Post
Dave,
Take heart as at least one person got the point you were trying to make. I didn't realize that worthless "option" still existed.
+1 -

I hope you don't feel dejected after having been ridiculed for stating your opinions and actually providing some useful information in this thread...some members on this site are toxic and really should "STFU" so that members with useful information (like you) will continue to post interesting perspectives and information for all to enjoy. I liked this thread up until some members jumped down your throat for no reason.

For the record, I don't even know Dave and have probably never transacted with him on Net54 or eBay, but I appreciate his insight on this important subject.

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)

Last edited by h2oya311; 02-08-2016 at 11:32 AM.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:10 PM
Al Richter

Default Points

+ 2.

I am just a buyer but would like to see retractions drastically reduced by ebay through a policy change
Old 02-08-2016, 12:25 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
I don't even know why I let Jake drag me into this, but he pushed some sort of button in me....and well, here I am I guess.
Very nice post, and to even it out, my favorite post ever by Jake:

Quote:
man looking at the last 30 or so posts..i have to think, man some posters think MY posts are confusing ...but yet they can understand all of those posts with the analogies ..I need a rosetta stone
Scott <=== internet special - today only - looks for best in all internet posters.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:38 PM
Al Richter

delete

Last edited by ALR-bishop; 02-08-2016 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:43 PM
Jason A. Schwartz

I accidentally bid $1439 rather than $14.39 for a raw Rickey Henderson RC in VG. As there was only about a minute left, I didn't find out how to cancel in time. Luckily the card only cost me a few extra bucks. A shiller could have robbed me blind.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Collecting interests and want lists at https://jasoncards.wordpress.com/201...nd-want-lists/
Old 02-08-2016, 12:44 PM
Dave

Thanks guys. I'm really ok. Just a little bit frustrated at the comprehension sometimes.

I should have probably just let it go to begin with.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:45 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Thanks guys. I'm really ok. Just a little bit frustrated at the comprehension sometimes.

I should have probably just let it go to begin with.
Dave, I can relate and empathize with everything you posted as I do a ton of selling on ebay too. I +1 everything you have said in this thread. I've seen enough though of certain posters here to pretty much never engage them.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:54 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Dave, I can relate and empathize with everything you posted as I do a ton of selling on ebay too. I +1 everything you have said in this thread. I've seen enough though of certain posters here to pretty much never engage them.
What used to frustrate me is that the dishonesty of ebay sellers and their consignors creates an uneven playing field, which is made worse by economies of scale and popularity that grows due to the success of this dishonesty (with their consignors who are Net54 members), allowing a few cheaters who are also good at business to dominate the market.

If you don't cheat and don't tolerate your consignors cheating, you suffer from an uneven playing field. This is also true of auction houses.

Last edited by Runscott; 02-08-2016 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:16 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
What used to frustrate me is that the dishonesty of ebay sellers and their consignors creates an uneven playing field, which is made worse by economies of scale and popularity that grows due to the success of this dishonesty (with their consignors who are Net54 members), allowing a few cheaters who are also good at business to dominate the market.

If you don't cheat and don't tolerate your consignors cheating, you suffer from an uneven playing field. This is also true of auction houses.
There is certainly a lot of dishonesty on both the buying and selling side, but ebay could certainly make it much harder on serial bid retractors. If you're averaging one retracted bid per day (or per week) obviously you're up to no good. I recently had 5 bid retractions on 5 different items by the same ebayer. His excuse was "entered wrong amount". On every single one of them he had entered the minimum bid.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:06 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
So you're ok with buyers having unlimited retractions? Because that's what this thread is about?

I would think that's an issue for both honest sellers AND buyers.

Jake turned it into a blocked bidder issue by stating faulty information he insisted was correct, which I thought I cleared up pretty straight forward with a screenshot, but he tap danced around it anyways.

Jake seems to think it's the best thing in the world to be able to retract bids and cancel transactions on a whim. If so, great...but there's going to be push back to that.

For you or him to imply, well just STFU then and go sell somewhere else, is pretty condescending.

If you've never sold on Ebay, and your solution to ANY problem is to just block everybody from bidding in your auctions, and then just waiting for people to contact you so you can vet them one by one...well, I don't know what to say to you.

All I've been saying from the beginning, is how about EBAY just limit retractions, BAM! A whole host of problems solved right there. Easy f*cking peasy!

Shilling questions, a lot of bad buyer issues...AND a ton of bad seller issues, would dramatically decrease overnight. I don't see how that even debatable.

Jake's answer is to just consign your stuff with the big boys who don't give a crap about bidders who retract in their auctions habitually (or let you place "hidden reserve" bids), because according to Jake, he gets his consignment check on time, whether somebody is messing with his auction lots or not.....oh, and he still gets to cancel transactions and retract his bids whenever he wants to also.

BTW, the big boys wouldn't touch my stuff with a 10-foot pole. I'm very, very small time, and anyways, I think I'm perfectly capable of selling my stuff on my own.

I'm not complaining either. At least 99.5% of buyers are fantastic. I know very well how to block buyers I don't want bidding or buying from me. Doesn't mean I ignore everything else going on around me, and just watch in disinterest as Ebay is very slowly destroying their own platform from within...it also doesn't mean that I should just STFU on the rare occasion I (or anybody else) might want to share an anecdote when something IMO, goes very, very wrong...or I notice a new pattern in behavior among a certain segment of buyers that could warn other sellers of the pitfalls they might face (same as what is done here everyday regarding dishonest sellers).

Ebay is still the biggest and best game in town, but there was a time when it was about 1000% more compelling to both buyers and sellers.

You seem to be putting a lot of words in my mouth......you say things like 'according to jake' etc.....you made a comment about whether I read the thread..you maybe need to read the thread.....

where do I talk about getting a consignment check on time, where do I say its great to retract bids on a whim where did I say its the best thing in the world........your arguments really look bad when you begin to make up stuff to go with an extreme opinion which I clearly did not say....I argued with you and showed it isn't impossible to block bad bidders...some people agree.....why make up stuff that I didn't say......

.I talked about an example about blocking feedback amounts...so if it doesn't work, theres other options like blocking people that have made a retraction in the last 30 days...you were the one that said it was impossible then you said you roll with the punches with what ebay gives...it doesn't look like you are doing that ...I just commenting that there are tools out there to use...whether you consign or do another blocking method...lots of methods..no need to say things or make up thoughts that I never said...no need to be so dramatic, you aren't on an episode of the Bachelor...when you make up things it really hurts your argument..

go an re-read the thread...

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 02-08-2016 at 08:10 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:13 PM
Al Richter

Default Re read

Great come back Jake
Old 02-08-2016, 10:17 PM
Dave

Quote:
You seem to be putting a lot of words in my mouth......you say things like 'according to jake' etc.....you made a comment about whether I read the thread..you maybe need to read the thread.....

where do I talk about getting a consignment check on time, where do I say its great to retract bids on a whim where did I say its the best thing in the world........your arguments really look bad when you begin to make up stuff to go with an extreme opinion which I clearly did not say....I argued with you and showed it isn't impossible to block bad bidders...some people agree.....why make up stuff that I didn't say......

.I talked about an example about blocking feedback amounts...so if it doesn't work, theres other options like blocking people that have made a retraction in the last 30 days...you were the one that said it was impossible then you said you roll with the punches with what ebay gives...it doesn't look like you are doing that ...I just commenting that there are tools out there to use...whether you consign or do another blocking method...lots of methods..no need to say things or make up thoughts that I never said...no need to be so dramatic, you aren't on an episode of the Bachelor...when you make up things it really hurts your argument..

go an re-read the thread...

Hello Jake.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:25 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
Great come back Jake
just the facts.....another great post by bishop..
Old 02-09-2016, 05:28 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

FWIW, I appreciate Dave and Scott and Dan advising on the ins and outs of eBay selling and policies. So many times I have felt compelled to correct something misstated, and found you beat me to it. You have collectively saved me hours of typing to try and right the wrongs of the internet.