NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-25-2010, 10:55 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Brandon,

Coming on here and saying that Dan doesn't contribute isn't right. He's a solid member of our community and one who makes a significant contribution to the daily moderating of the board as well.

The reason he's aware of "current events" is because he is a moderator and whenever an issue comes up, Leon, myself or whomever touches base with the rest of the group which includes Dan. That way, the opinions of more than one individual are considered and things don't turn into more of a dictatorship, which nobody wants.

-Brian
Old 03-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

I also wanted to say, great site Tony! I know you put a lot of work into it so I certainly hope it's a rewarding venture for you. Have fun with it!
Old 03-25-2010, 11:02 PM
Barry Arnold

Default Tony

great site!!!
you've done a remarkable job!!

best,

barry
Old 03-25-2010, 11:08 PM
Brandon Brown

Default Brian

I have a great deal of respect for you and the importance of the Mods is appreciated. However what got my ire up is the disrespectful sarcastic manner in which Dan commented on my post regarding my obvious attempt at a joke at my own expense in reference to my "being a troublemaker" on the BST. When I made the remark about my troubles on the BST, that was meant to be a light-hearted joke about having trouble on the BST side of things. It may not have been taken that way, bit that was the intention. When Dan started in with the whole "you are on a shorter leash than anyone on the forum" BS I just lost all respect for him and his abuse of authority in my opinion. Whatever repercussions come of this situation, I feel that it was an undeserved attack on me that caused me to lash out with my immature comments. I say lets move on and I wont poke the bear anymore, as long as Im not induced into it by someone elses actions. Also, as I said in a previous post, I appologise for making this thread another personal issue forum, when in reality it was meant to congratulate a fellow board member on their accomplishment. Great site!
Old 03-26-2010, 04:39 AM

Very nice website, Tony!
Old 03-26-2010, 05:13 AM
Barry Sloate

Chicago 206- Tony is one of the nicest guys on this board and I will vouch for that. The two of you had a less than perfect interaction. Life is like that. And whatever card you lost out on will turn up again. Why do people take this stuff so seriously?

And beautiful site Tony- colorful and very professional looking.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:31 AM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Very nice site Tony.

Also thanks for holding the card for me.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:10 AM
Larry Harris
Banned

hey tony,
great site!! i looked the other day and i can see an alternative to the other
sit(E). as far as that card sale goes, FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED that's that!
Old 03-26-2010, 10:25 AM
Lee B.
lee be.hrens

I have a solution for this whole problem.

Although Tony has a great site, I think the problems it has created should be grounds for shutting down the site and having Tony banned. How darn he decide who he wants to sell his cards to.

At what point do you not realize that when I guy gets all responses in his favor to yours that you need to drop it and move on.

Tony has been around a long time and well respected and now has added a great new site I am jealous of. Now if all these great words about Tony get me 25% off that would be great.

Lee
Old 03-26-2010, 12:26 PM
Tom
T0m Rus.so

Tony,
Great job putting the site together. Best of luck.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Tony Quinn

Default Kudos

Just completed a transaction for a card. Tony seems to be well respected and from our dealing, deservedly so. Great site and best of luck!
Old 03-26-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post

edit: sorry to sidetrack your thread tony but just want to point out the ignore feature of the website under the "user cp"...hopefully less pettiness and fights (unless you like that sort of stuff)

holy cow! thanks Quan.

I didn't know we had the ignore feature.

I am definitely going to start using it.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Banned

What did Joe just post?

Last edited by Rob D.; 03-26-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Joe still posts on the board?
Old 03-26-2010, 06:36 PM
David McDonald

Last edited by Kawika; 03-26-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Banned

David = Spending his Friday on YouTube.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:43 PM
David McDonald

Spending my Friday on YouTube but off to the Synagogue of Satan in a couple of hours for my NAMBLA meeting.

Last edited by Kawika; 03-26-2010 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Christ0pher C@ssidy

I personally think that Tony handled the situation with Chicago206 all wrong.

What Tony should have done was e-mail Chicago and the competing buyer, informing both of them that he was going to cut the card in half, and sell a half to each of them (at a 50% discount off the original price, of course).

Then, Tony should have waited for an e-mail reply from each pursurer of the card. The buyer who indicated that he would rather see the card go to his rival than to see the card cut in half would then be identified as the one true owner of the card (spiritually and metaphysically speaking, of course). Tony should have then sold the card to that individual.

That's the formal sales policy that I apply in such situations on my site anyway...
Old 03-26-2010, 08:02 PM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Joe still posts on the board?
Who's "Joe"???
Old 03-27-2010, 05:07 AM
Barry Sloate

Christopher- that's what Newman did with Kramer's bicycle.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDevil89 View Post
I personally think that Tony handled the situation with Chicago206 all wrong.

What Tony should have done was e-mail Chicago and the competing buyer, informing both of them that he was going to cut the card in half, and sell a half to each of them (at a 50% discount off the original price, of course).

Then, Tony should have waited for an e-mail reply from each pursurer of the card. The buyer who indicated that he would rather see the card go to his rival than to see the card cut in half would then be identified as the one true owner of the card (spiritually and metaphysically speaking, of course). Tony should have then sold the card to that individual.

That's the formal sales policy that I apply in such situations on my site anyway...

Good stuff right there. I have seen the error in my thinking. Another person brought to my attention that its no different than being at a show in front of a dealer's case while the dealer and another customer are negotiating on a card. I simply have to wait my turn, and that was clearly the case here. My frustration at my inability to aquire the card when I had "cash in hand" got the best of my emotions, and I was wrong to rant the way I did. Sorry to Tony, and the fellow forum members here who had to witness my petty, childish behavior.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:20 AM
Bill

Like I said earlier Tony, very nice site.

BUT why all the drama over a piece of cardboard. Sometimes this hobby is like Jr. High School girls arguing over who will be Cheerleader Captain