NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-20-2017, 01:34 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Default I am gonna vent

I hope I don't hurt feelings with this post, however with that being said, I know some will agree and the ones who don't are probably the ones I am talking about.

Ok so I want to speak about 2 things.

First....

I HATE when someone (especially someone I know is knowledgeable) asks me what I'm looking for when I say make an offer. Are you hoping I say $50 on a $1000 and you can rob me?

If I say make an offer, I simply mean make an offer.

The excuse I always get when I respond to "what are you looking for?" is I just don't wanna throw out a number too low and insult you.

Why not throw out a number that's fair?

First off, why are you trying to low ball someone in the first place who is a active member of the community?

Secondly, that's like saying "I don't wanna embarrass myself with a cheap ass offer so I rather you give me a number so I can say I'll think about it but really never contact you again".

NEXT....

This is my BIGGGGGGEST PET PEEVE!

The worst worst thing someone can say to me is.... " I know you paid X for this so would you take Y?"

What does that have to do with ANYTHING!???

If I was able to scoop up a steal on BIN for $500 on a item worth $2500, do you think just because you have that public information, I now have to sell it to you for a $150 profit?

Stop it!

I could go on and on, but I'll stop here.

Thoughts?

I feel like this is the person who I'm writing to...

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 11-20-2017 at 01:36 PM.
Old 11-20-2017, 01:43 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

I may or may not agree with you on your first point, depending on the circumstances. If you're offering something for sale, it's your responsibility as the seller to throw out the first number. If you've done that and the potential buyer asks, "What is your best offer?" then I can understand your point. If you throw out the first number, then he ball is in their court to counteroffer. However, if you list something without a price and you're just fishing for offers, then shame on you.

On the second point I agree with you.
Old 11-20-2017, 01:44 PM

Default Great picture !!

How much are you looking for on it ?
Old 11-20-2017, 01:46 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
I may or may not agree with you on your first point, depending on the circumstances. If you're offering something for sale, it's your responsibility as the seller to throw out the first number. If you've done that and the potential buyer asks, "What is your best offer?" then I can understand your point. If you throw out the first number, then he ball is in their court to counteroffer. However, if you list something without a price and you're just fishing for offers, then shame on you.

This was more for ebay when I price is up with best offer. I get so many "What are you looking for on it" messages and I always respond with make me a fair offer and its yours... 99% never get back to me.
Old 11-20-2017, 01:48 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Don't disagree it's annoying, but everyone is looking to make the best deal they can favoring them to the max. It's human nature.

There is a guy on ebay I've alluded to a few times who purchases items at AHs for a couple hundred bucks and often tries to sell on eBay a few days later for multiples of what he paid. I do think what he paid is a relevant point in any negotiation. If 20 people bid on something and it settles at $750, I think it's a little ridiculous to list it on eBay for $3700. But it's a free country and he can obviously try to sell it for $250,000 if he is so inclined. It annoys me but not a damm thing I can do about it.
Old 11-20-2017, 01:49 PM

Both people write their numbers on a piece of paper. Flip them over on the count of three, Add the numbers, Divide by 2 and there is your price...

I like to live dangerously sometimes...

Last edited by kvnkvnkvn; 11-20-2017 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-20-2017, 01:55 PM
pete ullman

it kinda sounds like you want to have your cake and eat it too! It's ok if you get a really good deal on a bin on ebay...but someone else is not entitled to get a good deal from you?

Personally...I hate the old "make me an offer!"

It's your card...you know what you paid for it...price it!
Old 11-20-2017, 01:59 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
it kinda sounds like you want to have your cake and eat it too! It's ok if you get a really good deal on a bin on ebay...but someone else is not entitled to get a good deal from you?

If you are selling something, I can't imagine a legitimate reason to ask for an offer in direct negotiations. Make an offer to sell and see what the reaction is. (Obviously if you accept offers on ebay that's a different deal.)

It's sort of like everyone is trying to see if the other side is a rube with no clue.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 11-20-2017 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:05 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post

Quote:

Make an offer is referring to BEST OFFER on ebay.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:07 PM
Robert Williams

Great points. I agree with them. I have nothing to add.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:57 PM
Jeff Lar.son

Quote:

I hate this saying. What the heck is the point of having the cake if you can't eat it? I know the point is you can't eat the cake and still have it, but the phrasing is still annoying. For an alternative, I suggest "You can't sit in two chairs with one butt." Or maybe a more appropriate alternative for this situation is "You can't keep your card and sell it too."

Carry on.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:00 PM

Default Best offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post
Make an offer is referring to BEST OFFER on ebay.

If you're disenchanted with getting offers don't offer that as an option on eBay. List a fixed price. Problem solved.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:01 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batpig View Post
I hate this saying. What the heck is the point of having the cake if you can't eat it? I know the point is you can't eat the cake and still have it, but the phrasing is still annoying. For an alternative, I suggest "You can't sit in two chairs with one butt." Or maybe a more appropriate alternative for this situation is "You can't keep your card and sell it too."

Carry on.
that's funny...as I was typing it I was kinda thinking the same thing!!!!!
Old 11-20-2017, 03:02 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
If you're disenchanted with getting offers don't offer that as an option on eBay. List a fixed price. Problem solved.
Honestly, I never thought of that. Thanks for the advice I will look into that
Old 11-20-2017, 03:31 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Honestly, I never thought of that. Thanks for the advice I will look into that
So you buy something as a BIN and it never occurred to you to sell it as a BIN.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:50 PM

I absolutely hate hearing some dealer at a card show tell me what they have into a card when I ask about the price. Why do I care what you paid for something? If you made a bad buy, don't even bother putting it out. I'm not going to pay $200 more for a card because you did.

Last edited by packs; 11-20-2017 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:15 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
So you buy something as a BIN and it never occurred to you to sell it as a BIN.
yea cause I wasn't messing with him

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I absolutely hate hearing some dealer at a card show tell me what they have into a card when I ask about the price. Why do I care what you paid for something? If you made a bad buy, don't even bother putting it out. I'm not going to pay $200 more for a card because you did.
+1111
Old 11-20-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Agree. I understand the psychology of it, because a dealer who buys something for resale will likely do so with a profit margin in mind, but sometimes a seller misjudges the market and what they "have into it" isn't relevant to a prospective purchaser. I realize that market prices for some (particularly less common) items may not be readily apparent, but there are dealers who will hang on to an item seemingly forever because of what they "have into it." Of course, it's perfectly within their rights to do so and if an item isn't available at a price that suits the buyer, then it's best to just move on.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:57 PM
Hank Thomas

Quote:

Exactly. Price it! If you walk something into a show and want me to buy it, how will you know to accept any offer I might make you if you don't know what you want for it? Of course, I know there's a good chance you're just going to take my offer and use it to sell to a dealer who's willing to give you a dollar more. I'll tell you what, go and try to get the other dealers to make you an offer, and then come see me! And if you're a dealer, and you can't tell me what you want for your own goods, I'll see you later--not!
Old 11-20-2017, 05:01 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
I'm not sure I believe most who tell me what they're into something they're selling any way. And even if it is the truth it does not affect what I'm willing to pay.

To the OPs post it should be the seller's responsibility to list a starting price. Listings with no asking prices are one of my pet peeves around here. Asking someone to negotiate against themself is equally ridiculous. If a price is set make an offer.

I do like Jake's note on his listings that any inquiry asking what's the lowest price you will take will be met with what's the most you will pay.
Old 11-20-2017, 05:21 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batpig View Post

Carry on.
Original statement was "you can't eat your cake and have it to"
Old 11-20-2017, 05:27 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

In line with what you are saying, I was always taught in business never to bid against yourself. If you have a price posted then that is your price until someone makes you an offer to consider less. I hate it when I see people who say I'd like $100 but I'll take $80. Why bid against yourself?? If anyone ever asks me "what will you take?", I simply reply "My price is what's posted unless you make an offer that motivates me to change it."

As to your part 2... My wife and & decided to try and sell her old house by owner, hoping lightning would strike, so to speak. Apparently, these free courses people offer on how to flip houses, teach them to ask how much they owe on the house, in hopes they can make a low ball offer and "bail someone out". We can discuss trying to feed on the poor and desparate separately, but why in the hell how much I owe on a house is ANY of your business? It's such a stupid way of doing business, but people do it in all walks of life. I'm with you, I HATE IT. The same goes to dealers offering what they paid for a card unsolicited. I've found myself guilty of doing so before trying to justify the high price I have a card listed for, almost apologetically. I need to stop doing so.

Lastly, I'd like to add a 3rd pet peeve... I hate it when people try to tell me why the price I am asking is wrong and send me examples of lower priced cards sold. There is a difference when someone asks $800 for a $100 card. But if I price something at, near or even above high VCP, there is a reason. If you don't want to pay it, no problem. But don't lecture me!
Old 11-20-2017, 06:46 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topnotchsy View Post
In the recent miniseries about how the FBI finally tracked down the Unabomber, that phrase took a front seat in the examinations and comparisons of text/writings in the case. I was laughing because I always hated the way the phrase is generally said (wrongly) in our country, "You can't have your cake and eat it too," and one of the things that led them to Kaczynski was his repeated use of the 'correct' wording of the phrase. Fascinating stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 11-20-2017, 06:52 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Don't disagree it's annoying, but everyone is looking to make the best deal they can favoring them to the max. It's human nature.

There is a guy on ebay I've alluded to a few times who purchases items at AHs for a couple hundred bucks and often tries to sell on eBay a few days later for multiples of what he paid. I do think what he paid is a relevant point in any negotiation. If 20 people bid on something and it settles at $750, I think it's a little ridiculous to list it on eBay for $3700. But it's a free country and he can obviously try to sell it for $250,000 if he is so inclined. It annoys me but not a damm thing I can do about it.
well if that same seller likes to say 'i cant sell it for x because i have more than x into the card' Then they should be prepared for buyers who know how much another card they bought to offer them more than that number and state that.

I am assuming the new buyer people who are quoting what seller bought the card previously for are making their offer in the context of a 'reasonable range' comparable to prior sales.

People who are afraid to list prices usually are too scared to sell a card because they are worried they wont get enough so they want to just listen to offers which usually wont work out OR they want a ridiculous amount
Old 11-20-2017, 06:56 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
er.

I do like Jake's note on his listings that any inquiry asking what's the lowest price you will take will be met with what's the most you will pay.

funny i was going to mention that..
Old 11-20-2017, 07:22 PM
C.hris Bl.and

My pet peeve is when someone comes on a message board and repeatedly asks other people’s opinion on the value or authenticity of an item so that they can buy it and sell it for a profit instead of doing their own research...

Type 1 photos of baseball HOFers
N172 Old Judge Portraits

Will buy or trade for the above. Check out my cards at:

www.imageevent.com/crb972

Last edited by the-illini; 11-20-2017 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:23 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-illini View Post
My pet peeve is when someone comes on a message board and repeatedly asks other people’s opinion on the value of an item so that they can buy it and sell it for a profit instead of doing their own research...
one could argue that doing that is part of doing their own research..

Ill add a pet peeve

'priced to sell' yet listed for years

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 11-20-2017 at 07:24 PM.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:33 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
My pet peeve is when someone comes on a message board and repeatedly asks other people’s opinion on the value or authenticity of an item so that they can buy it and sell it for a profit instead of doing their own research...
Amen times a frickin' million!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:44 PM
C.hris Bl.and

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
one could argue that doing that is part of doing their own research..

Ill add a pet peeve

'priced to sell' yet listed for years
Couple of times, sure. On a regular basis? Not so much.

Type 1 photos of baseball HOFers
N172 Old Judge Portraits

Will buy or trade for the above. Check out my cards at:

www.imageevent.com/crb972
Old 11-20-2017, 07:47 PM
Cory

Not pricing your cards in your case at a card show, so you look them up on sheet of paper for every card....or priced but on the back of the card.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:50 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

How about people who say they want to trade up to an iconic card worth six figures by stating clearly that their plan is to repeatedly give board members something worth less than what they receive in return.

Love those guys.

Just sayin.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:54 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
How about people who say they want to trade up to an iconic card worth six figures by stating clearly that their plan is to repeatedly give board members something worth less than what they receive in return.

Love those guys.

Just sayin.

Great Steve - I thought I was the only one who saw through that plan. LOL

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 11-20-2017 at 07:54 PM. Reason: didn't want to offend if post was misinterpreted
Old 11-20-2017, 08:00 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topnotchsy View Post
have it to what? To hold? To eat again? To smash in someone's face? I need to know
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 11-20-2017, 08:00 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:

Love those guys.

Just sayin.

Except I was trying to trade up to a 5 figure PSA 1 or 2 and didn't rip anyone off as every single trade partner on this site can attest to.

You need to be locked in the bathroom though because you're a mush.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:02 PM
Ben North

Quote:
^^This^^ Plus those that lie and say it is for their personal collection only to find out they are full of it. They are only on here to make cash. Nothing wrong with being on here to make cash, just the lying part is BS.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:04 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

If any board member sends me $500 I will send them $300. Promptly. With a smile. All in fun of course.

But those buyers who try to get cards at a discount. Man those guys are kill joys.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 11-20-2017 at 08:07 PM.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:05 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieJoss View Post
Not pricing your cards in your case at a card show, so you look them up on sheet of paper for every card....or priced but on the back of the card.
or they look up the price in those fantasy price books and always at 'mint'
Old 11-20-2017, 08:06 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
^^This^^ Plus those that lie and say it is for their personal collection only to find out they are full of it. They are only on here to make cash. Nothing wrong with being on here to make cash, just the lying part is BS.
right selling the card to pay taxes or health or whatever......i just dont care of the reason for they buy or sell

I also like the guys that make posts about wanting to trade 4 or 5..low grade non-key cards for a 1951 bowman mantle

Its never someone wanting to sell a 1951 mantle psa 3 for a bunch of non rookie brooks robinson/Yaz etc.. always a 6 for 1 key iconic card ie.RC mantle/1933 ruth/t206 cobb

Those are the same guys that try to do 3 for 1 NL fantasy baseball trades...where its their 3 curtis granderson/#4 Starting pitcher and a .270 17 homer 70 rbi fill in the blank guy for bryce harper

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 11-20-2017 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:10 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:

Love those guys.

Just sayin.

Quote:
If any board member sends me $500 I will send them $300. Promptly. With a smile. All in fun of course.

But those buyers who try to get cards at a discount. Man those guys are kill joys.

You are seriously a ray of negative energy. Such a mush.

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 11-20-2017 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:14 PM

Sellers want to sell for the most profit possible. Buyers want to buy for the lowest price possible. No duh, right? If someone doesn't make you an offer while asking you to negotiate against yourself, move on. I wouldn't even respond. Respond only to offers and legit item questions.

You ask, why not throw out a number that's fair? But that is precisely what is being negotiated. A potential buyer might ask, why not start with a number that is fair? I think you have items with very, very robust asking prices. Items where asking is 5-7.5x your purchase price (since I was underbidder or watcher of items you bought). And purchase prices were right about fair market value! Sorry, but I can't understand how you can cry foul about lowballers and be fine ripping the piss out of...in your words...active members of the communiy if they bought the item at asking.

Maybe I don't trust your pricing because I don't trust your expertise. I don't trust your write-ups or valuations, because you solicit much help from the board. My 2 cents.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:22 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Someone claiming they are leaving the hobby but their prices listed for their cards are 'make me leave the hobby' because they are priced waayyy to high

someone listing a card they have asking for comments how nice looking it is....and then suddenly a few days later an emergency/house needs to be bought (i already covered that issue) so now the card is listed for sale...
Old 11-20-2017, 08:24 PM

OT: does your ebay store collect CA tax (since it says you are in CA) though you are in NY? I don't know how it works. But it always struck me as weird.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:29 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
OT: does your ebay store collect CA tax (since it says you are in CA) though you are in NY? I don't know how it works. But it always struck me as weird.
It is probably just one of many divisions of the brick and mortar store.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:30 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Sellers want to sell for the most profit possible. Buyers want to buy for the lowest price possible. No duh, right? If someone doesn't make you an offer while asking you to negotiate against yourself, move on. I wouldn't even respond. Respond only to offers and legit item questions.

You ask, why not throw out a number that's fair? But that is precisely what is being negotiated. A potential buyer might ask, why not start with a number that is fair? I think you have items with very, very robust asking prices. Items where asking is 5-7.5x your purchase price (since I was underbidder or watcher of items you bought). And purchase prices were right about fair market value! Sorry, but I can't understand how you can cry foul about lowballers and be fine ripping the piss out of...in your words...active members of the communiy if they bought the item at asking.

Maybe I don't trust your pricing because I don't trust your expertise. I don't trust your write-ups or valuations, because you solicit much help from the board. My 2 cents.

LOL aren't you the one that offers me $8 on 15 stubs? stop it.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:32 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
LOL aren't you the one that offers me $8 on 15 stubs? stop it.
$9 for 15 stubs - final offer.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:34 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
It is probably just one of many divisions of the brick and mortar store.
Quote:
The best is when people talk smack (like you two) but when I get something you need you come slithering out of your holes acting like everything is cool lol

I PRAY I get something you guys need bad, because I will never sell to either of you again.

Especially since you both nickel and dime me on $20 error cards and $15 undated ticket stubs lol

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 11-20-2017 at 08:46 PM.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:47 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Also Dewey,

How shall I gain expertise without asking questions? In just over a year I have learned more than I have ever expected in the ticket field, publication field , photo field, and much more. I have put in over 12 hours a day to the hobby, reading over 10 books, researching, asking questions, talking to experts, talking to dealers, talking to auction houses etc.

I am gonna be a force in a few years trust me. A big force. Everyone needs to start somewhere though. I am not scared to ask questions or look bad in the process if it means furthering my knowledge and or my career. I am not afraid of losing money and making bad buys, if it means learning a lesson and speeding up the learning curve.

My write ups take a lot of time and effort, and I put in hours of research on items, make calls to head authorities in the fields etc. so if me asking questions on the board makes you doubt me, then it's plain stupid.

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 11-20-2017 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:02 PM
Ben North

Quote:
The best is when people talk smack (like you two) but when I get something you need you come slithering out of your holes acting like everything is cool lol

I PRAY I get something you guys need bad, because I will never sell to either of you again.

Especially since you both nickel and dime me on $20 error cards and $15 undated ticket stubs lol
Please tell me and everyone else about any time I tried to nickel and dime you. We have had 2 transactions. 1) I slightly overpaid for a ticket stub I needed. 2) Several people made you trade offers on a group of 3 error cards and you accepted mine, so mine must have been the best offer.

I do know the return address from both transactions was to a brick and mortar card and memoribilia shop called Top Tier Collectibles.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:02 PM
Scott Russell

Back to some of the original thoughts >gasp< I post a price on everything I sell, and the vast majority of my inventory at any given show is stickered. That still doesn't stop people from approaching me live, and online, with "what's the best you can do on that." It happens a lot. It doesn't bother me so much on a $20 card, but I don't want to try and make a living constantly selling at "the best I can do" on $1000 items!
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 11-20-2017, 09:05 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Please tell me and everyone else about any time I tried to nickel and dime you. We have had 2 transactions. 1) I slightly overpaid for a ticket stub I needed. 2) Several people made you trade offers on a group of 3 error cards and you accepted mine, so mine must have been the best offer.

I do know the return address from both transactions was to a brick and mortar card and memoribilia shop called Top Tier Collectibles.
Whats the brick and mortar store have to do with anything? I never understood your point.

Also the card I got from you in the 2nd transaction... well let's not get into that.