NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

Default Ebay's two day payment

Why does ebay have to send emails to please pay for your item only after two day's? Rob
Old 12-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Jeff

Ebay shouldn't have to send these emails. IMO people should pay for there cards right away.

Always looking for interesting pre-war baseball & hockey postcards!
Old 12-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

Yes I agree but once seller has received payment the item should go out right away. I paid for an item on Nov 24 auction ended on the 20th as of now I still have not received my item. Seller did not even send it until I made a pay pal dispute and then I only got a tracking number that has no info on it I do not think that is right. Rob
Old 12-02-2010, 09:48 AM
Dave

It does annoy me a bit as a seller because I'm usually pretty flexible and sometimes allow bidders to combine items over a couple of weeks.

I've gotten reliable bidders who are pretty annoyed and thinking I'm sending them constant payment reminders, when it's really Ebay that's sending them out without me knowing it.

On the other hand, I've gotten more non-payers and really late payers in the last year, then I've had in the previous 10 years combined because of Ebays newest policy changes...................so, who knows what's right anymore.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigb13 View Post
Yes I agree but once seller has received payment the item should go out right away. I paid for an item on Nov 24 auction ended on the 20th as of now I still have not received my item. Seller did not even send it until I made a pay pal dispute and then I only got a tracking number that has no info on it I do not think that is right. Rob
Jeez, on the other hand. You filed a Paypal dispute already on an item you paid for on the 24th? You realize Thanksgiving was on the 25th?

Unless somebody specifically requests they need their items quickly, I don't send my items out right away because I plan my shipping at the very end of the week to get as many items out at once as possible.................and I try to make this perfectly clear in my auctions.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:06 AM
Jeff

As with all ebay generated e-mails, I delete w/o opening them.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 12-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

He stated and charged for expedited shipping he did not send it out until I made the dispute and if I haven't he still would not have sent it out. Why does it take a week to ship it? Ship the same day you receive payment or next day. Rob
Old 12-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Rhett Yeakley

Quote:
Ship the same day you receive payment or next day. Rob
You do realize that most ebay sellers (not all) also have day jobs right? I personally ship on Mondays and Fridays only as I'm at my Dental Practice every other day of the week (I'm there Mondays too-but I try to get out a bit early to get things in the mail). It is really unrealistic to expect shipment the same day you pay, even the next day is a bit a of a streatch for most (depending on the day).

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562

Last edited by rhettyeakley; 12-02-2010 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Jim VB

Just to be clear, you won a card, waited 4 days to pay, and now, are bitching because the seller didn't ship the very next day?

You paid on the 24th. The Thanksgiving weekend started the next day. Many people took that whole weekend and went away to enjoy it with their families. If the seller did that, he may not have even seen your payment until Monday, the 29th. And by Thursday you have filed an ebay dispute?

I think you are being extremely unreasonable. Even if the seller had shipped your item on Monday, you may not have it yet unless you paid for Express Mail. Priority Mail typically takes 3 days this time of the year.

Try to relax and enjoy the hobby.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Michael S

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
As with all ebay generated e-mails, I delete w/o opening them.

+1
Old 12-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I share your pain...

Ebay policy says pay within 3 days. IMO there should not be any notices--seller or Ebay generated--within that three days. I usually accrue my buys until Monday morning so I can pay for them all at once.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 12-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

Maybe I am bitching but why wait until I bitch to send out the item? Ebay also has a spot to enter tracking info but some sellers just do not do it.

Last edited by Bigb13; 12-02-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:49 PM
R Dixon

Default .

Quote:
Maybe I am bitching but why wait until I bitch to send out the item? Ebay also has a spot to enter tracking info but some sellers just do not do it.
A tracking # only comes with delivery conformation and most sellers don't use DC (at least for the cards I buy). I always do, but I don't take the time to manually enter the number into myebay. I get delivery conformation for me...not for the buyer.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Dave

If the item is paid for through Paypal AND you create your labels through Paypal, the tracking number is supposed to show up in the buyers account.

I don't know any regular seller who would enter the tracking number in each and every transaction manually, but I would have the number available if I was asked to provide it by the buyer.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:40 AM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

Give the legit sellers some slack, especially during holidays. There are plenty of sellers that are a-holes that we can mess with.

My US mail shipments take longer overall, than years past. Often, twice as long.

Side note: Post 9/11. Hazmat squads respond to many terrorist threats at PO facilities. The entire operation locks down, even the parcels that were cleared. Items then get rescreened. One can only imagine how these incidents bog down the ENTIRE system. And, these calls are never speedy.

We need to learn and teach our kids patience.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:14 AM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladder7 View Post
We need to learn and teach our kids patience.

I don't have time for that BS!
Old 12-04-2010, 06:15 AM
Andy Sargent

Default Patience

Amen Steve,

100% Agree...Patience

Being up in Canada, I don't even bat an eye until the 4 week mark after shipment has been marked for my purchases.

And like Rhett said, most Ebayers have regular day jobs.

My two cents,

Andy
Old 12-04-2010, 08:07 AM

How about this: E-bay is e-mailing a reminder to ship cards to the customer card after the buyer already has left me feedback. What a disorganized company they are.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Ron Rice

Default Patience

I spent 30 years working on my T206 (near) set. I spent 3 years doing a T207 set (so far). There are cards I've wanted for 10 years and still don't have yet.

Collecting takes time. You won't have any fun if you're easily frustrated with card sellers.