NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-02-2019, 04:24 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
I would agree with Peter if he said your comment is ridiculous.....what you commented has never come into my mind....ever...civil lawsuits are for tort lawyers not LE
and i agree with peter that you are wrong that only an inquiry is going on and your comment is ridiculous as that never came into my mind.......guess hurray for peter.

I dont think its ridiculous for LE to be more aggressive where there are victims lining up versus not so civil lawsuits do come into my mind but each entitled to an opinion...not sure why people resort to saying everyone's opinion is ridiculous as you see how it is now

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 07-02-2019 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:55 PM
Brian
Brian Long.ley

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Peter will say he does not agree with you and you are being ridiculous.

I guess the FBI is doing double secret probation with these guys like lambda lambda lambda was on with the university
Geez Jake... you cant even get a movie quote right... Dean Werner put them on double secret probation... not the Tri Lams.... c’mon man....
Old 07-02-2019, 06:41 PM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLongley View Post
Geez Jake... you cant even get a movie quote right... Dean Werner put them on double secret probation... not the Tri Lams.... c’mon man....
Dean Wormer
Old 07-02-2019, 07:00 PM
Kenny Cole

This is not a TV show where the crime occurs, the perpetrator is apprehended, and the trial results in a guilty verdict all in an hour. I mean, seriously, please spare me any more drivel like that. You should know it doesn't ever work that way.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:06 PM
Brian
Brian Long.ley

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinbulldog View Post
Dean Wormer
Doh!!!
Old 07-03-2019, 04:12 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son.

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 07-03-2019, 05:46 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Cole View Post
This is not a TV show where the crime occurs, the perpetrator is apprehended, and the trial results in a guilty verdict all in an hour. I mean, seriously, please spare me any more drivel like that. You should know it doesn't ever work that way.
right in real life there are a bunch of civil suits which would be boring for a tv show.. Bernie Madoff, had a ton of civil suits against him before anyone know about any crimes for example..
Old 07-06-2019, 05:44 PM
Rob
Rob.ert We.ekes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post

Who needs to when a card goes up 30k in value from building up corners and a little bleach? Some pretty high increases on those sgc resub results, or are you blind to those as well?
Wasn't it the other way around, and that the "after" card had the rounded corners? If so, we're only talking about a few very minor stains being removed.
Old 07-06-2019, 05:47 PM
Rob
Rob.ert We.ekes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Like a bank robber returning (some of) the money after he got caught red handed. To try to get a lighter sentence. Wowzers. Where was their initiative during a decade or more of this sh*t?
Didn't you say at some point that it's a good thing that PWCC is offering restitution? Regardless of the motive, restitution is a good thing, and I'm glad it's happening.
Old 07-06-2019, 07:42 PM
Steve Birmingham

Yes, it's wonderful that PWCC is covering PSAs mess for them...

Getting PSA off the hook for the full price less the "A" value. I wonder how much of their "losses" PSA is covering behind the scenes?
Old 07-06-2019, 07:47 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post

Getting PSA off the hook for the full price less the "A" value. I wonder how much of their "losses" PSA is covering behind the scenes?
Cover up is so evident don’t think they’re doing this out of their kindness of their own hearts Newport Beach is taking care of them....do the right thing and we will update the Pop Report and come up with some new Fake News marketing to lure the sheeple back just do what’s right and we got your back...
Old 07-07-2019, 01:10 AM
Rob
Rob.ert We.ekes

Quote:

Great point. If only PSA had truly been the gold standard so many of us believed they were . . .
Old 07-07-2019, 05:12 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:

I have to disagree. Pwcc has been deliberately targeting TPGs to grade altered cards, altered by them, and adding their little sticker for profit. Pwcc should foot the bill as long as feasibly possible as they are exposed as the ones with consistent behavior that could be viewed as criminal. I highly doubt they are consoling pwcc behind the scenes.

Old 07-07-2019, 05:18 AM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
I have to disagree. Pwcc has been deliberately targeting TPGs to grade altered cards, altered by them, and adding their little sticker for profit. Pwcc should foot the bill as long as feasibly possible as they are exposed as the ones with consistent behavior that could be viewed as criminal. I highly doubt they are consoling pwcc behind the scenes.
Newport Beach can’t Really be this bad at their Job can they ? ....am I the only one who thinks there maybe could be someone on the inside over their connected doing bad things grading all these bad cards giving them grades
....I sure hope and pray not.....but I’m suspicious of it....
Old 07-07-2019, 05:30 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Yes, they can be this bad at their job. Beckett is definitely handing out favorable grades to their largest submitters (in fact they've even used it as a sales tactic for accounts). Look up the Joe Clemons thread on the Blowout baseball board for evidence.

But PSA just seems to be completely incapable of detecting these alterations. I cataloged the various alterations they've missed so far elsewhere, but will retype it here:
1) Trimming (even heavy trimming)
2) False rough cuts
3) Filled Pinholes
4) Missed erasures
5) Bleaching and stain removal
6) Crease removal by pressing/spooning
7) Rebuilt corners
8) Intentionally rounded corners (unnatural wear)
9) Recoloring
10) Reglossing has been accused
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 07-07-2019, 05:32 AM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Yes, they can be this bad at their job. Beckett is definitely handing out favorable grades to their largest submitters (in fact they've even used it as a sales tactic for accounts). Look up the Joe Clemons thread on the Blowout baseball board for evidence.

But PSA just seems to be completely incapable of detecting these alterations. I cataloged the various alterations they've missed so far elsewhere, but will retype it here:
1) Trimming (even heavy trimming)
2) False rough cuts
3) Filled Pinholes
4) Missed erasures
5) Bleaching and stain removal
6) Crease removal by pressing/spooning
7) Rebuilt corners
8) Intentionally rounded corners (unnatural wear)
9) Recoloring
10) Reglossing has been accused
So you don’t think there could be something nefarious going on at PSA ???
Your take would be They just really suck at their job???

Invoice track down of whom submitted these cards for GM would be really interesting to put any possible links together....
Should be a interesting case we shall see

Last edited by Johnny630; 07-07-2019 at 05:34 AM.
Old 07-07-2019, 05:34 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

You guys ever have a card kicked back by PSA and wonder why? Many times it is evident with the card in hand, but unless pointed out, it's tough to notice. Imagine if hundreds and hundreds of cards, just in the PWCC subs are all doctored, some obvious ones are sure to slip by. However, they are using a pro to do this, and it's on every card. That's evident by the low grade and mid grade cards gaming small amounts. I think it's a number game, still in shock PSA cant detect them. Again, you build a better mouse trap, they'll build a better mouse

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Old 07-07-2019, 05:38 AM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
You guys ever have a card kicked back by PSA and wonder why? Many times it is evident with the card in hand, but unless pointed out, it's tough to notice. Imagine if hundreds and hundreds of cards, just in the PWCC subs are all doctored, some obvious ones are sure to slip by. However, they are using a pro to do this, and it's on every card. That's evident by the low grade and mid grade cards gaming small amounts. I think it's a number game, still in shock PSA cant detect them. Again, you build a better mouse trap, they'll build a better mouse

Agree with almost all said sir good points.
One disagreement don’t give the guy the credit...the card doctor..... isn’t a Pro...many are horrendously done
PSA is no longer a authority to me....they’re a facilitator....yuck vomit..... Try and Try to get this through people’s heads but as long as people believe their cards will be worth more in their holders the PSA lines will be flooded with people spending their money for their opinion....Report on the Lines At the National to Follow

Last edited by Johnny630; 07-07-2019 at 05:41 AM.
Old 07-07-2019, 05:45 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

That t3 Cobb really got my goat. I didnt even need a big scan. Not a pro job by any means, and slid through. A top tier HOF card. Not sure the excuse on that, maybe 2 day turnaround? They are submitted at super express

Old 07-07-2019, 05:59 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
So you don’t think there could be something nefarious going on at PSA ???
Your take would be They just really suck at their job???
There have been over a hundred different Moser-affiliated submissions posted on Blowout already. It's seemingly impossible this is just a few rogue employees that have been shielding/facilitating their submissions for 20 years. They are just incompetent.
That's why when I first started asking them the tough questions two months ago the options were: INCOMPETENT or COMPLICIT?

All the evidence that continues to come out daily is that they're incompetent.
Old 07-07-2019, 06:06 AM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
There have been over a hundred different Moser-affiliated submissions posted on Blowout already. It's seemingly impossible this is just a few rogue employees that have been shielding/facilitating their submissions for 20 years. They are just incompetent.
That's why when I first started asking them the tough questions two months ago the options were: INCOMPETENT or COMPLICIT?

All the evidence that continues to come out daily is that they're incompetent.
If that’s true what point is their services anymore? And I’m not in disagreement with you John, I agree. Their utter incompetence and arrogance are quite frankly at this point a do service to the hobby, or should I say industry because that’s what it’s all about.....money. They don’t care about getting it right .....sad

Last edited by Johnny630; 07-07-2019 at 06:08 AM.
Old 07-07-2019, 06:13 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
If that’s true what point is their services anymore?
This is the exact right question. Since the Emperor is wearing no clothes, why should any high grade card have a value worth more than a nice looking Altered card? If enough people start subscribing to that way of thinking, the whole exponential growth curve of graded card collapses.
This is why there are only a few people discussing it on this board and Blowout, and almost nobody on the CU/PSA boards. Too much invested in the segment. If you have millions of dollars in graded cards right now, you're freaking out. The vast majority is sticking their heads in the sand, hoping that it will all just blow over and go away, protecting their asset class.
Old 07-07-2019, 06:14 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
This is the exact right question. Since the Emperor is wearing no clothes, why should any high grade card have a value worth more than a nice looking Altered card? If enough people start subscribing to that way of thinking, the whole exponential growth curve of graded card collapses.
This is why there are only a few people discussing it on this board and Blowout, and almost nobody on the CU/PSA boards. Too much invested in the segment. If you have millions of dollars in graded cards right now, you're freaking out. The vast majority is sticking their heads in the sand, hoping that it will all just blow over and go away, protecting their asset class.
yup!
Old 07-07-2019, 06:19 AM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Yes Sir !!! Very well said! In agreement 100% John I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels like we do!

Last edited by Johnny630; 07-07-2019 at 06:20 AM.