NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-16-2003, 10:04 AM
Administrator

Default Jeff L - I apologize

Posted By: runscott 

I responded to one of Aaron's posts thinking it was you, and I lit into you pretty heavily. I don't in any way condone a seller ripping you off, but I also have a problem with people threatening their use of money and power to intimidate, right or wrong - this happens way too much in our country.

All of these "I'm a lawyer going to get even" threads go pretty much the same route, so I will just turn away the next time one shows up.

And Aaron - you can bite me.

Old 12-16-2003, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Aaron Michiel

"I responded to one of Aaron's posts thinking it was you, and I lit into you pretty heavily."

I guess that's pretty big of you after calling him "evil", a "liar" and threatening to turn state's evidence on him.

"All of these "I'm a lawyer going to get even" threads go pretty much the same route, so I will just turn away the next time one shows up."

Sounds good.

"And Aaron - you can bite me."

Now what exactly are you angry at me about?

Was it that I asked you nicely not to respond to my posts with hostility or was it that I correctly pointed out you directed your venomous, even more hateful response to the wrong poster?

I just need to know what it is I did that so enraged you so I don't repeat in the future.

Old 12-16-2003, 11:12 AM
Administrator

make it a "love bite".

Old 12-16-2003, 11:30 AM
Administrator

I'd have trouble defending/explaining/identifying myself, too if I dug as deep a hole as you did.

Ah, well, maybe next time.

Old 12-16-2003, 11:53 AM
Administrator

I'm not sure what you are looking for. If you would like, then I'll gladly say "Aaron wins the debate". How's that?

Can we move on to talking about cards now? I challenge you to post something - anything, related to vintage cards. And I promise I'll even make an honest attempt to respond seriously, without conflict. You posted your ebay handle (I'm not sure why) and I checked but couldn't find anything vintage-baseball related that you had bought; however, I noticed you sell baseballs.

So I will start a post as well, somehow related to vintage baseballs, and I challenge you to give a serious response without getting personal.

Old 12-16-2003, 12:13 PM
Administrator

"Can we move on to talking about cards now? I challenge you to post something - anything, related to vintage cards. And I promise I'll even make an honest attempt to respond seriously, without conflict."

Okay, sounds good.

"You posted your ebay handle (I'm not sure why)"

Force of habit. I also post regularly on a UCLA Bruin fansite under the handle of aaron1050, which is also (as you've seen) my E-Bay handle.

"and I checked but couldn't find anything vintage-baseball related that you had bought;"

Yeah, I've been focusing my attention (and dough) on the winter catalog auction season lately. I was actually going to ask the board if they'd be interested in having a thread to everyone recapping their results (what they won, what they lost out on, how would they rate the service, how would they rate the website, how long did it take to get your stuff, etc.).

If you want to check more of my track record for the past three months, view the individual transactions in my feedback. I'll warn you that you'll see an "eclectic" array of items I've sold since October. It was a cleaning out the closet, out with the old and in with the new. (Actually, it was more like my wife instructing me to clean out space in her storage [re: extra clothes] closet, but why quibble?)

"however, I noticed you sell baseballs."

Just the two of late. I won the mint 1920's ONL Spalding on Lelands, so I sold the one it was replacing. (Your classic upgrade.) The Frick was just superfluous to my collection. I already have a mint Frick w/ vintage Musial signature and mint Giles w/ box on display and thought that was enough. I'm trying to stick with the philosophy that if it ain't on display with the rest of my collection, it gets sold. Nothing gets put in storage anymore.

"So I will start a post as well, somehow related to vintage baseballs, and I challenge you to give a serious response without getting personal."

Well, I think I just did.

Old 12-16-2003, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: mike

All I can say is that I am "TICKLED" that a lot of the animosity that is apparent in this forum is directed in a different direction than me for a change...It's a "tough" crowd here...I will think twice before offering an honest opinion so quickly next time.

It is nice to see a lot of "knowledge" here in all different professions and interests....I think I will try and stick around quietly for awhile...

MIKE (AKA YOUME)