NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 07-16-2016, 06:33 PM
Kev1n @1les

Default Bought on Ebay 7/3, no shipment or response...

In my effort to get my '54 set upgraded with all of the HOFers PSA or above, I bought a Monte Irvin on July 3rd. The seller had a 725 feedback score with 1060 positives, 2 neutrals, and 3 negatives in the last 6 months. The three negatives were all the same - card sold lower price than current market value, did not ship, claimed lost, no response, etc.

I paid $30.75 for the Irvin. It felt like a pretty fair price. Probably not as high as he wanted it, but I have seen them go lower - especially because it was a middle of the road 6 without especially incredible centering.

Ebay said that I should have the card by July 11th. On July 5th, I was notified that it shipped, but there was no tracking information. On this past Tuesday (7/12), I sent the seller a note to ask if he had any additional shipping information as I had not yet received the card. I received no response. On the 13th, I notified Ebay through their internal system that the card had not yet arrived. They had a radio dial where they asked if I wanted a refund or the item. I need the card, that is what I prefer. They sent me a note letting me know that they were contacting the seller and if it did not arrive by 7/19, then they would grant a full refund. I sent another note on the 14th to the seller - using very pleasant language - simply hoping for a response. It is a relative inexpensive card. There are a couple more available in auction this weekend - and if he was not going to send, I would love to know so I could go ahead and get another one. Still no response. I will wait until the 19th assuming it doesn't come and file a claim for refund and start over. I have ordred two cards since then that I have already arrived and the fact that I am not getting a response gives me the feeling that funny business is going on - but it makes no sense because he doesn't get his money until it is confirmed that it shipped (I believe). If this is a case of "relax, Kevin and take a chill pill" I will take that feedback and criticism. But the fact that the three negatives all sounded similar is what gives me pause.

Thanks for any and all feedback.

53-55 Red Mans Complete Set
Old 07-16-2016, 06:49 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Doesn't sound like you'll get your card. Just be happy with the refund once it times out.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:20 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

I can deal with slow shipping, 1 thing I will not tolerate is someone ignoring me while they have my money in their pocket, automatic neutral feedback if I receive the item eventually and negative if I have to ask Ebay to refund me.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:51 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Doesn't sound like you'll get your card. Just be happy with the refund once it times out.
^+1^ unfortunately this has become pretty common on eBay. If the seller does not get the price they want they just won't ship it.

I would also leave negative feed back, but really does anybody even look at it anymore. I rarely ever leave or receive feedback anymore.
Old 07-17-2016, 10:48 AM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

You better GET THE REFUND!!
I heard seller(s) could send you a empty box with delivery confirmation..and once it has shipped, its delivered type of scams going on. But Ebay buyer protection should cover about everything on the buyers side. That's what Snad is for? right
Old 07-17-2016, 04:15 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Auction listing ruled out the ole pricing error excuse

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 07-17-2016, 11:35 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Several times I have got the "sorry, I didn't have that card in stock after all..."

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03
Old 07-18-2016, 03:47 AM
Kev1n @1les

Here is an update:

No word from my seller. Tomorrow is the day that I am eligible for a refund. I might have jumped the gun a bit soon, but PWCC had my 54 Irvin for sale last night and I bought it for $28 +4. It was $31.75 + free shipping from the other guy so it looks like the price was probably right - especially with PWCC's reputation of getting a premium on the price. If I am surprised and the other one comes, I guess I will just have an additional copy. Irvin holds a special place for me anyway as I got his autograph on a ball (along with Brooks Robinson and Tony Olivia) in 1984 when I was 12 at an old timers game when I used to live near Indianapolis. It was right after they opened up the Hoosier dome and before the Colts announced their move.

I also have the same '54 Topps card autographed as I bought it from LOTG right before Monte passed.

All's well that ends well. At least it was a $30 card and not a $300 or $3000 card!

Old 07-18-2016, 07:39 PM

What's the sellers name? Is it tripleayvintage?
Old 07-18-2016, 08:43 PM
Kev1n @1les

Quote:
Originally Posted by arexcrooke View Post
What's the sellers name? Is it tripleayvintage?
The name is phylduf.

Leon, let me know if my name below my username is sufficient with characters. If I need more, I will edit this post.

Thanks

Old 07-19-2016, 08:16 AM
Kev1n @1les

Refund issued today.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:30 PM
$téve VV1lk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailes2872 View Post
Refund issued today.
I think that he was probably hoping that you forgot about this. He actually sold the same card 2 weeks earlier. He probably accidently relisted it, and once he realized it, he was hoping to "steal" your $31.75.

54 Irvin PSA sales by phylduf