NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 04-16-2012, 04:16 PM
Jon Canfield

Can we get a T206 sub-forum on the main board, too?

All kidding aside, it won't change my viewing. I'll still read both types as threads as much as I do now.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:02 AM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphusa View Post
for the most part I could care less about the autographs. I come here to see the good stuff
+1 to what Jim said.

I know this is OT, but I would also like to see the B/S/T for T cards split in two - one for T206s and the other for all other T cards.
Val
Old 04-17-2012, 04:47 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

I jump to new posts anyway, so I will see all the threads no matter what forum they are in. I had lunch last week with another board member and we discussed the autograph "wars" on here. Although autographs are not a large part of our collections or interest, the on-going threads have turned us both off to autographs.

Someone had mentioned earlier about being able to tell which thread is about autographs and that you did not need to read it if you did not want to. I don't think that is the point, I enjoy reading and learning about that side of the hobby, what I can't stand is the same people going from thread to thread and arguing with each other. Read a few of those threads and you can clearly see who has an axe to grind and the people that don't like each other.

Jeff
Old 04-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Steve S.
St.eve S@lem

I would love to see J*Birkholm, R*Yeakley posting again like they used to. Maybe an autograph forum will bring them back!

Last edited by ss; 04-18-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:41 AM
Mike H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
I collect general memorabilia as well as autographed pieces... and I agree the proposed split has now become a necessity. I would like to see the Memorabilia Forum return to the healty/positive place that it was as recently as a year or two ago.

Thanks Leon, for soliciting our input
+1

I used to visit this forum 8-10 times a day, but am lucky to look every other day due the quantity of autograph posts. I have zero issue with someone posting a vintage or rare auto they add on the monthly pickups thread, but auto discussion threads have taken over.

Last edited by mjkm90; 04-22-2012 at 03:56 AM.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:49 AM
Mike H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by springpin View Post
I collect baseball memorabilia for the fun, if not joy, it brings me. There appears to be no fun, and certainly no joy at all, with the autograph hobbyists. I am of the opinion they have been exploited by fraudulent items in the past, and now they are "on a mission" to call everyone's attention to the perils of autographs in the market. They have gone from sincere hobbyists to zealous vigilantes, with the subplot of who deserves to be their leader. I have been burned in the past with some purchases I elected to make, as I believe we all have, but those episodes have not bitterly corroded my outlook toward the hobby. If these folks need a carthartic release, let them have their own forum. It can also serve as their support group. Other areas of collecting don't seem to need one.
Well said Paul