NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Default ANNOUNCEMENT - new Postwar Sportscard Forums now available...

Posted By: Brian McQueen

Everyone,

I'm going to go ahead and place the new Postwar Sportscard section up for everyone to use. This should allow everyone a comfortable place to discuss basketball, boxing, football cards, etc..., it will also allow the content on the main board to retain it's focus - therefore appeasing those who want the board to remain strictly for cards. As with prior "board expansion", we're hoping these additions allow us to provide educational areas for a wider range of interests within our community. We view this as a "win-win" and hopefully you all will as well.

This, of course, is a project in which I'll be working out the kinks for the next couple of days. Please let us know of any questions or concerns you all may have. We're looking forward to hearing your feedback. This group of forums will share the same chatroom, BST pages and rules in general as the main board so consider it to be just additional pages added on to our board. As always, you may navigate back and forth between the pages using the links at the top. Please notice the new icon which I've placed on our current homepage. I'll get this button placed on some of the other pages as well later on today so that you will easily migrate back and forth.

Enjoy!

Brian McQueen
redmaccie@hotmail.com

edited the word "not" to be "now" as that is what I am sure Brian meant...

Old 08-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

It looks great...I did edit one word you wrote from "not" to "now".....as you had said it is "not" a place to post comfortably .......Once again thanks for your help. I couldn't do it without you.....I hope everyone will participate over there when appropriate....best regards

Old 08-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: boxingbaseballgolf33

Looks great, thanks for getting this done, will help collectors and dealers that have other interests including boxing, football and other sports.

Jimmy

Old 08-10-2007, 02:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John S

Thanks Brian and Leon.

Old 08-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian McQueen

Thanks Leon,

Ugh, my spelling and grammar was pretty bad in that last post...I went back and corrected a couple other things just now, heh.

Old 08-10-2007, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

"were" pretty bad- that was pretty bad too!

I've already posted in the new section.

Old 08-10-2007, 03:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: D.C. Markel

Can you provide a link to this new forum?

Old 08-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ralph R.

Just wondering as to the posting in this new section are we allowed to post cards we are looking for or do we have a Buy/Sell/Trade area for this new section?
Thanks

Old 08-10-2007, 03:51 PM
Administrator

DC- there is a tab at the top of this front page...it says Net54 PostWar Sportscards. Click on it and that is the new forum.

Ralph- Good question. Eventually I think that site could get bigger than the Pre-War side....but who knows? As for posting your Buy/Sell/Trade stuff in the same columns as the regular postings....for now I will leave it up to ya'll, if you want to go for it....if it get's too big then we will have to make another section for BST called "Post War BST".....but for the moment I guess it's ok to post your stuff in the threads....this could change at anytime if it gets to be too much so hang in there......I am sure you understand. This Pre-War board would be crazy if we still had all of the BST stuff in the main threads like we used to....Good question and take care....

Old 08-11-2007, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul S

Brian and Leon --

Thanks to both of you. 12 hours later there are already things posted that I just don't see anywhere else. And a learning experience. It's a bit hit with me, and many others, no doubt.

Paul S

Old 08-11-2007, 07:32 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jimmy

Brain and Leon,

for boxing and golf you can only use photobucket for the photos, but I noticed in the baseball postwar section it has an insert object option just like the main post. Do you plan to add that option, thanks

Jimmy

Old 08-11-2007, 07:41 AM
Administrator

I pushed Brian to roll this new tab (forum) out sooner than it really should have been. I wanted to go ahead and get it up for a few different reasons. I am sure any functionality that can be had over there will be instituted to make it as much like the main Pre-War forum as possible. Keep the suggestions coming. We will look into this photobucket/scan posting issue....It looks like the Post-war forum is taking off nicely...with a few operational kinks to work out..thanks again......regards

Old 08-11-2007, 08:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jimmy

Leon,

thanks for the update

Jimmy