NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Default New Website is Up

Posted By: Rhys Yeakley

Having obtained Leon's permission I wanted to let the board know that my new website is up and running at www.prewarsports.com. I have not made the trasition to Dealer only, as I still have a personal collection as well, but many of my items are now available for sale to the public for the first time. I believe the inventory to be one of the deepest on the internet with a large variety of early photographs, and one of the largest inventories of Baseball Pre-War signatures available as well as baseball cards which people might find of interest. There are no scans up yet although I have taken hundreds of photos for the site, they just are not up yet. If anyone has any questions or would like any scans please feel free to e mail me and I will get them to you ASAP. I will be adding new inventory and hundreds of photos over the next few weeks but at least the meat of the site is up and running.

Thanks to all the friends I have made on this board and I hope you all enjoy the site.

Rhys Yeakley

www.prewarsports.com

themodo@hotmail.com

Old 04-12-2008, 06:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Patrick McMenemy

Hi Rhys,

Nice website!

Email sent.

Patrick

Old 04-13-2008, 06:35 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Phil Garry

Rhys:

Great job on the website. E-mail sent on one item.

Thanks

Old 04-15-2008, 08:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Deb J

Congrats on your website, Rhys -- incredible inventory!
Deb J

Old 04-15-2008, 08:09 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jimmy

Rhys,

nice looking site, I do the same thing, really only part-time. I could call myself a dealer, but much of my collection is on the website I created. I use it for eBay and other items I sell - my banner is on some of the net54 pages

Take care

Jimmy

Old 04-15-2008, 03:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff

Totally great site and great inventory.. there's only about 5,000 items I want to see scans of, but I hate to be a bother.....

Congratulations!!!

Old 04-15-2008, 04:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Vincent

. . . is super. And I'm envious. I've been dreaming of creating such a site for several years now.

Your site also makes me wish I could sweet talk my Misses into spending our
"economic recovery incentive" on some of your inventory. For the good of the economy, of course.

But "me thinks" she already has plans on use of those funds for a spring trip to Gettysburg, PA. Maybe next time.

Regardless, great site.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rhys

Thanks for all the comments guys. I should start loading photos onto it next week and hopefully have scans of almost everything pretty soon.

Rhys

Old 04-15-2008, 07:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barry arnold

congratulations,Rhys!!!
looks super!
I'm sending you an email re: items that i'm interested in.

all the best,

barry

Old 04-16-2008, 06:59 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Phil Garry

Rhys:

Thanks for the great 1894 Baltimore pennant. A major addition to my collection!!!

Old 05-27-2008, 07:39 PM
Administrator

I wanted to take a minute and thank all of the board members who gave constructive comments on the site, and to the many who purchased items. I still have not added photos yet because I have been so busy, but am working on it. I did add a "New Aquisitions" section and added a few really rare items/cards from my personal collection and thigs I have recently aquired. I will also be adding items from the Robert G. Allen collection in the coming weeks.

Thanks to all the people I have met in the last month through the site and those I have known for years and for the purchases. You guys are great.

One more quick note, I have no problem sending scans to people (until they are all up) even if you know you cant buy something and just want to see it. Sharing information and photos is what makes the hobby great so feel free to bug me as much as you want!

Thanks Again

Rhys Yeakley

www.prewarsports.com

Old 05-27-2008, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Chris

Looks great Rhys! E-mail sent.

Edited because I had posted anonymously.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jantz

Probably be hearing from me in the future also.

Jantz

Old 05-27-2008, 11:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Andrew

Rhys, email sent.

"Take your life in your own hands and what happens? A terrible thing: no one to blame." -- Erica Jong

Old 05-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Andy Baran

When can we see scans of the 1898 Baltimore cards??????????

Old 05-28-2008, 09:22 PM
Administrator

I was not really planning on doing a "What are these" thread with the Baltimore cards and was planning on bringing them to the National and having a few guys I know look at these to give me their opinion. I know they are not home made by some kid with glue in 1898 because I soaked them out of a scrapbook myself and if they had been done with water soluable glue by some kid in 1898 they would have seperated. They are about the size of 1911 zeenut cards and about as thick as a traditional baseball card, blank backed. The front looks like a pretty low quality strip card. I have no idea what they are, how they were made etc. All I know is that they were glued inside an 1894 Toilet Salesmans sample book that was converted to a scrapbook with clippings and boxscores as well as program cutouts etc of the Baltimore Baseball team. Although it is hard to tell due to the scans but each player is identified at the bottom inside the border of the card and these were obviously hand cut. They were either cut from some type of larger composite, or were an early strip card type issue. I believe I have the whole team but manager Hanlon is not present, either I am missing him or he was never issued.

Rhys