NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 06-27-2012, 08:15 AM
Scott

Default This could be the worst yet

Um. yeah, the Roach's would have a REAL MANTLE Contract? ENOUGH

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/234/mickey...-contract.aspx
Old 06-27-2012, 08:18 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Ha!!!!!!!!!!! Lol!!!!!!!!
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 06-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Dan Bretta

"and value is in middle thousands we'll guess." <---what does that mean?
Old 06-27-2012, 01:35 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
"and value is in middle thousands we'll guess." <---what does that mean?
Somewhere between one thousand and a million billion thousand..........I'll guess.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:38 PM
Dave

Forger must have been digging in the bottom of his desk drawer to find an old dried up Bic pen to skip like that.

Time to make that drive to Staples, buddy.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:14 PM
Christopher Williams

Default Lee Trythall Scott Malack Catfish Hunter Sandy Koufax

Here's a beauty offered by Lee Trythall and Scott Malack of Coach's Corner Auctions.

Amazing that the person who acquired all of these autographs in person, was able to get that baseball signed with the same pen and all of the signers signed with the same pen pressure.

http://www.myccsa.com/lot/234/perfec...-baseball.aspx

CC-Perfect-Forgeries.jpg

And there is no shortage of Babe Ruth/Lou Gehrig dual-signed items offered every four weeks by Lee Trythall & Scott Malack of Coach's Corner Auctions.

http://www.myccsa.com/Search.aspx?Se...=ruth%20gehrig

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 06-27-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Jim M.arinari

The funny thing is Koufax and Bunning have the same "6" and Rogers and Hunter have the same "8". Whoops
Old 06-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Christopher Williams

That's some group over there at Coach's Corner Auctions.

You have Lee Trythall & Scott Malack and their circle of laughable authenticators consisting of Ted Taylor (TTA/Stat Authentic), Chris Morales and ACE (Justin Priddy).
Old 06-27-2012, 05:44 PM
Christopher Williams

Default Drew Max, Forensic Document Examiner Pawn Stars AAU

Look at this pathetic set of forgeries authenticated by Drew Max (AAU), FDE. Mr. Max gives himself the the title of Forensic Document Examiner.

Check out the "J" above the Eddie Mathews forgery. Looks like the forger started to forge another name starting with a "J" and then stopped.

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/234/500-hr...x10-print.aspx

AAU-500-Forgery.jpg

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 06-27-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:50 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

That has to be one of the worst Reggie's I've ever seen. Geez.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:03 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

I've been working on a Perfect Game ball myself. I completed one before and sold it. The thing is, Catfish Hunter died before they started doing shows with all the Perfecto guys. So basically you needed to buy a ball with him already on it. Strange how they found a ball with him on the side panel and then matched the ink! I actually did manage to find one with him on the side, but you never get more then a few guys at one shot so the inks never quite look the same and of corse the pressure as was mentioned.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Dan McCarthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
That has to be one of the worst Reggie's I've ever seen. Geez.
The Frank Robinson's even worse
Old 06-27-2012, 10:06 PM
octavio ranzola

Again call the feds please
Old 06-28-2012, 07:14 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

I mean seriously...how do they stay in business? Why Are the Feds not beating down the door.?..
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 06-28-2012, 07:29 AM
Scott

Every single one of those in the Drew Mucks piece makes me cry. FUGLY. I figure he was gonna start Joe Dimaggio above the Mathews, until someone told him Joe didn't hit 500 HRS

Far as the "pen pressure" on the ball, hey, he had em all together at once and they just HAPPEN to write numbers the same way and exert the same amount of pressure. Man, you guys are cynical

I've only looked at some of their latest wonderful poop pit auctions. the Coach's Corner, the best place outside of the sewage plant, to get piles of crap every month.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:51 AM
Scott

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=328293

Why are so many of their autographs SO BOLD? Look at all the Mathewsons, etc.

This one a BRAND NEW Giles Ball, and look how DARK the "Cy Young" signature is.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:58 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
Every single one of those in the Drew Mucks piece makes me cry. FUGLY. I figure he was gonna start Joe Dimaggio above the Mathews, until someone told him Joe didn't hit 500 HRS

Far as the "pen pressure" on the ball, hey, he had em all together at once and they just HAPPEN to write numbers the same way and exert the same amount of pressure. Man, you guys are cynical

I've only looked at some of their latest wonderful poop pit auctions. the Coach's Corner, the best place outside of the sewage plant, to get piles of crap every month.
Well written, Scott.

You might be right about that "J." The forger all-of-a-sudden realized that Joe D. is not a member of the "500 Homerun Club."

Amazing that Drew Max, who calls himself an FDE (Forensic Document Examiner) didn't catch that "J" with his Hubble-sized magnifying glass.

I emailed Drew Max yesterday about that "500 HR Club" piece. I'll let you know if I get a reply.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:05 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default it's their opinion

At least one of the main reasons the Feds don't get involved, or at least have taken action, is probably because it's hard to make a court case against someone's opinion. Heck, I am mostly bald but if someone said they thought I had a full head of hair, it's just their opinion. I have heard all of the reasons the Feds and authorities should take down CC but I am telling you, it's not as easy as you think. They just don't cross that line enough and are actually quite smart in their dealings....as crooked as they may be. I am quite sure they have been looked at, and are watched, by many different authorities. I believe at some point they will mess up and cross the line. The sooner the better.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:05 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:

The ink is still wet on that one.

I've been sending emails to Ted Taylor and his replies crack me up. But I hit a nerve with him two weeks ago and he didn't reply. Below are the two questions I asked him.

1. But I have always wanted to ask you this question; Have you ever asked Trythall or Malack about the infinite inventory of vintage autographs they sell and that you and Morales authenticate?

This one really bothered Ted Taylor.

2. You're some Philadelphia Athletics historian, Ted.

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=325589

How do you sleep at night, Ted? Tell me.

Christopher

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 06-28-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:11 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
At least one of the main reasons the Feds don't get involved, or at least have taken action, is probably because it's hard to make a court case against someone's opinion. Heck, I am mostly bald but if someone said they thought I had a full head of hair, it's just their opinion. I have heard all of the reasons the Feds and authorities should take down CC but I am telling you, it's not as easy as you think. They just don't cross that line enough and are actually quite smart in their dealings....as crooked as they may be. I am quite sure they have been looked at, and are watched, by many different authorities. I believe at some point they will mess up and cross the line. The sooner the better.
That's it in a nutshell, Leon. Well written.

I used to get hundreds of emails "Why doesn't anyone go after Coach's Corner?" Like Leon wrote, it simply isn't as easy to do as people think it is.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:15 AM
James Wymer

Quote:

That thing has over $200 in bids. Pretty sad.
Always accepting quality consignments
Old 06-28-2012, 09:01 AM
Kevin O'Gara

Can they squeeze in a Sig. On the threads of the ball. What a joke.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:48 AM
James Wymer

I got this from CC terms and conditions "WE GRADE THE CONDITION OF ITEMS VERY CONSERVATIVELY". They may grade conservatively, but they most certainly authenticate very liberally. Notice the caps in the terms and conditions. The entire page is in capitol letters.
Always accepting quality consignments
Old 06-28-2012, 10:25 AM
Banned

The feds could easily do it if they wanted to, they just dont want to. People have told them about the problem, they are aware of the problem.

there are die hard gucci bag collectors out there, saying the same thing. Why don't the fed's do anything about it? they assume that everyone else is concerned about gucci bags to, because its their thing.

same thing here. vyt most people dont care about autographs or the fact there are a bunch of fakes flying out the doors.

Until the feds want to do something about it, we can only wait.

Last edited by travrosty; 06-28-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:40 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
The feds could easily do it if they wanted to, they just dont want to. People have told them about the problem, they are aware of the problem.

there are die hard gucci bag collectors out there, saying the same thing. Why don't the fed's do anything about it? they assume that everyone else is concerned about gucci bags to, because its their thing.

same thing here. vyt most people dont care about autographs or the fact there are a bunch of fakes flying out the doors.

Until the feds want to do something about it, we can only wait.
You are just wrong. I guarantee it. And I do know....and I doubt you do. Take it for what it's worth.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:43 AM
Banned

no way i am wrong.. would have happened long ago if it was on their serious radar. it's not.

For operation bullpen they had to search hard to find an agent with card, autograph and hobby experience. they found one. Ferriera, lucky for them.

He is retired now. They have had over a dozen years and what big takedown have they made in those 12 years? none.

Last edited by travrosty; 06-28-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:59 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
no way i am wrong.. would have happened long ago if it was on their serious radar. it's not.

For operation bullpen they had to search hard to find an agent with card, autograph and hobby experience. they found one. Ferriera, lucky for them.

He is retired now. They have had over a dozen years and what big takedown have they made in those 12 years? none.
Even when you are 100% wrong you still don't get it. Sort of hard to have an argument when someone can't admit they are wrong even when they are. I have had numerous conversations with the FBI about CC. How many have you had? They do have what is called "priorities" and my guess is that with the weak case that could be made (even if you disagree, at this point you would disagree if I said the sky was up, so not sure it matters) they haven't gone the extra mile. I do think there are probably things higher on their priority list but everything I have stated is correct and most of what you have stated is crap you are just making up.

And btw, it's my understanding that FBI agents don't bring the cases forward. The Agents go to the Federal Prosecutor with information and it is up to them to bring it to a grand jury. So even if an agent wanted to bring charges it's not up to him. The DA might have other things (like terrorists and Bernie Madoffs) they are more worried about. Hard to say for sure...

Last edited by Leon; 06-28-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:22 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
You are just wrong. I guarantee it. And I do know....and I doubt you do. Take it for what it's worth.
Leon is right on the money.

It is a long and frustrating process. It does not mean that things aren't being investigated. They are.

When something finally gets done, it will be a slam dunk and nothing less. If you're not involved, then you have no idea what is going on and that's the way it should be.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:46 PM
Banned

As a NY & NJ barred attorney who lurks on this board quite a bit, I think a good case could be made against CC for "willful blindness." A good illustration of this doctrine is when someone hands you a brown paper bag that's stapled shut and says "drive this from NYC to X address in South Philly, and when you get there a man will give you 10,000 cash for a delivery fee."

you can't go to court and as a defense say "well, I didn't know what was in the bag- they told me it was peanuts!" You were willfully blind in that you had to have know (and the law will impute this knowledge to you) that something illegal HAD to be in that bag for you to get 10 K to make an hour's drive and drop it off.

Same for CC- they have to know by now that EVERYTHING from these consignors is fake since it gets 10% or less of what it would really be worth. Hell, look at the dozens of albums signed by all 4 Beatles that bring 250 bucks, which if real could do 50 -75 K at auction. I think there are less than 25 authentic signed (by all 4) beatles albums known to exist in the entire world.

Ditto for all the Josh Gibson autos and Rube Waddel, Mathewson etc.

I guess they never get sued civilly since apparently they give refunds readily to keep the heat off. Plus most of the stuff sold there is probably being buyed to "flip" at mall kiosks and flea markets etc, or on ebay.

I enjoy this site just to look at everyone's neat collections and such, but I'd never get into sports collecting based on what I've seen from reading this site and WhiteBetsy and Hauls of Shame etc. Fraud has literally consumed this hobby, to the point where it seems like any fun or pleasure has been sucked out entirely.