NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2018, 10:52 PM
“the bambino”

Default altered card stock ????

Hi guys. So glad I stumbled across this forum. The knowledge here is amazing and I find myself reading it every day on my lunch break, and learn something new every time. My question concerns the '33 Sport Kings Ty Cobb that just came back "Altered Stock" from PSA. What exactly does "altered stock" mean? I notice what looks like an "A" that someone at some point during the past 85 years penciled on the upper right corner of the back (pic below). Then looks like someone tried to erase it. Would this be why PSA returned it without grading it? If so, why wouldn't they grade it and qualify it with "MK"? I definitely would've preferred that to simply sending it back unslabbed. Please review my pics and see if there is evidence of altered stock. Or is that something that only they can see with a certain tool? Thanks so much for your help...it is GREATLY appreciated. By the way, I was pretty happy with the two (of the three I sent) that they did grade (pics also below).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cobb 1.jpg (68.7 KB, 334 views)
File Type: jpg cobb 2.jpg (72.1 KB, 334 views)
File Type: jpg cobb 3.jpg (61.9 KB, 328 views)
File Type: jpg mantle - dimaggio.jpg (69.3 KB, 330 views)